Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,861 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Lagos State Residents Protest Against Ikeja Electricity Estimated Billing System - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Residents Protest Against Ikeja Electricity Estimated Billing System (280 Views)

Herdsmen Attack Adijah In Ugbokpo, Apa LGA, Benue State, Residents Flee [VIDEO] / Please Forgive Us - Repentant Insurgents Beg Borno State Residents (Photo) / #EndSARS: Port Harcourt Residents Protest, Defying Wike's Order (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Residents Protest Against Ikeja Electricity Estimated Billing System by yourtotalneeds: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Residents of Jakande Estate Ejigbo in Lagos state on Sunday 9th December, 2018 staged a peaceful protest against Ikeja Electricity distribution company over high estimated billing system the community has been getting.

They claimed that the six months period given to the company by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, to give over 3,000 customers prepaid meters has elapsed without responding to their demands.

With placards with various inscriptions such as: ‘No More Estimated Billing’, ‘We are overdue for the Usage of Prepaid Meter’, ‘Bring Prepaid Meter’ Now’, ‘We are sick and Tired of Estimated Billing Methodology’, etc, the aggrieved residents said they would be forced to charge Ikeja Electric to court with the evidence from NERC’s ruling.

Addressing journalists, the Leader of Estate Youth Parliament (EYP), Yusuf Adeyemi said the NERC had on May 24, 2018 ordered the Ikeja Electric to..... continue readin here https://www.yourtotalneeds.com/?p=2365

SEE PHOTOS HERE https://www.yourtotalneeds.com/?p=2365
Re: Lagos State Residents Protest Against Ikeja Electricity Estimated Billing System by Lawalemi(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
I don't budge because I use prepaid meet. IBEDC looses to NNPC on me because I divert the money to generator fuel. Shameless agency!

(1) (Reply)

Grace Mugabe Assaults A Model In South Africa, Declared Wanted By Police / Female Suicide Bombers Apprehended In Borno (photos) / Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Too Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.