Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,417 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) (26999 Views)

Step By Step Instructions On How To Change Your Car Engine Oil Yourself / How To Unlock Power Lock Car Doors- Step By Step Guide / Step-by-step Guide On How To Buy Used Cars From U.S Auctions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2018
TechCapon

What most people don’t know is that car manufacturers hardly make limousines. Most of these limos are just ordinary cars that have been elongated and converted into a limo. Designing a limo is an elaborate and tedious process but it is also a very lucrative business in advanced countries like the United States. Majority of these companies convert ordinary cars to limousines and put them for rent. Any car can be converted into a limo, I mean any normal car like SUVs or sedans. In this post I’m going to give a breakdown of the process involved. It takes about 3 weeks to 1 month to convert a single car into a limousine.

FIRST, YOU BRING THE CAR INTO THE GARAGE.

Okay, so we have identified the car we want to use. It’s a white Chrysler. First thing you do is to wash the car to remove all dirt and dust particles. After washing the car, the car is stripped down. This is done by removing all the seats, fuel tank, drive shaft, windows of the car and so on.

SLICE THE CAR INTO TWO EQUAL PARTS

Before cutting the car, first they take full measurement of the car in order to avoid mistakes. Then the car is sliced into two equal parts using an electric saw. Starting from the roof, down to the floor the slice is gently. After cutting the car, the worker wheel the back half of the car away from the front half. They place the back half of the car on the exact spot where the limousine will gradually be assembled.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 8:00am On Dec 10, 2018
TechCapon

CONSTRUCTION OF FRAMES BEGIN

It’s time to start the construction of the limo. First they start by inserting steel rails on both sides of the car. Joining the front half to the back half. Then they start welding the joints together. Then the workers take measurements to make sure both sides of the limousine is equal. After that, they fix the drive shaft tunnel which houses the steel drive shaft and the exhaust pipe. Then they begin weld it to the original vehicle tunnel. They position the floor which is made of galvanized steel tunnel and weld it into place.

IT’S ROOFING TIME

Before roofing, the worker attach roof rails to the original roof rails of the car and weld it together. After the roof rails have been welded into place, a vertical side post will be attached to the roof rail and the floor. This is to support the roof from caving in. Then he welds the base of the post to the floor frame. After then, a roof sheet made of galvanized steel is put in place as seen above.

THEY INSTALL THE SIDE PANELS

Installation of side bars and side panels begins. After they’ve installed the side bars, the workers install the outer body panels. These outer body panels are complete with hardened steel crash-bar. Then the body panel is screwed into place. The screws will be removed once the panels have bonded solidly to the limousine frame.

3 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 8:01am On Dec 10, 2018
TechCapon

THE PAINT JOB

After the side panels have been firmly attached to the frame of the car, the doors are fixed. After fixing the doors, it’s time to do the paint job. The car is sprayed with 3 coats of paint, then two coats of protective clear coating is applied. Of course you can choose any color you want but most limousines are usually white or black. I prefer white though. Once the painting process is complete, workers install the laminated safety side glass. Then contact cement is sprayed on the roof of the limo in preparation for the vinyl top. Then the vinyl top is attached to the roof top very carefully.

THE INTERIOR WORK BEGINS

After the exterior work is complete, those in the interior department takes over. This is the exciting part of the job. They start by installing the seats. The long luxurious seats, then the wine bar. After installing the seats, they install the cabinets, fridge, fancy lights, music systems and so on. Then a systems installer comes in to install all the electrical systems and components. Most of the control panel are located on the dashboard and behind the drivers seat. This is to enable the driver communicate with the passengers and vise versa. Then a worker installs a video monitor and screen in the limo.

A BRAND NEW LUXURIOUS INTERIOR

In just 21 days, the ordinary Chrysler car has now be transformed into a luxurious limousine. Of course the wheels are changed into fancy chrome wheels.

BEFORE AND AFTER. FROM ORDINARY CAR TO LUXURY LIMO

WATCH FULL VIDEO

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-how-limousines-are-made-photos/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by MJBOLT: 8:01am On Dec 10, 2018
i do not fancy the limo,it's no different from a G wagon - ugly

4 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by CarGuideNG: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2018
smiley
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2018
CarGuideNG:
smiley
The limo owners must check VIN reports whether they like it or not cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by CarGuideNG: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2018
TechCapon:
The limo owners must check VIN reports whether they like it or not cheesy

smiley grin

Carry on Sir, following the steps closely.

CarGuideNG will provide rapid premium and customized VIN reports for this or any other vehicle you plan to buy, just get in touch with us. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by antagonist: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2018
seems the limo was raised with bigger rims

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by deepwater(f): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2018
ool
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2018
angry

Soon u would see this in Auto Section with the caption "Point and Kill"

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by slawomir: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2018
Isoright
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by soloboy22: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2018
good info
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by agarawu23(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2018
I can turn my Toyota to limo be that grin Let me quickly visit Kazeem for the process

11 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2018
Good info
Meanwhile have zombies seen this�

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Kexcellency: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2018
baba God bless me
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2018
MJBOLT:
i do not fancy the limo,it's no different from a G wagon - ugly
Says a broke ar3e nigguh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by handsomeyinka(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2018
How is vanagon made?
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2018
undecided
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Modsenemy(f): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2018
Are these too difficult to make in Nigeria? We are a large miner of lead, zinc and other metal materials .

I think we should learn to also use our natural resources than only export

5 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Pidginwhisper: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2018
grin
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by FSolar: 8:39am On Dec 10, 2018
I miss the good old days of top gear with JC, RH and JM. They built limos and lots of stuff related to cars. These days, everyone is just putting up latest cars, drag race etc.

The Grand Tour isn’t doing well cry

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by RevenGeMission: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2018
now lemme goan construct mine
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Ayobami7(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2018
各大主流音乐平台
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by MJBOLT: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2018
I'm not as broke as your wretched father, las las una go kiss my feet for 1 cup of garri

DonDemu:
Says a broke ar3e nigguh

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2018
Car someone cannor drive on Nigeria road,is d one car?

2 Likes

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by MarianaTrench: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2018
This is very informative

1 Like

Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

CONSTRUCTION OF FRAMES BEGIN

It’s time to start the construction of the limo. First they start by inserting steel rails on both sides of the car. Joining the front half to the back half. Then they start welding the joints together. Then the workers take measurements to make sure both sides of the limousine is equal. After that, they fix the drive shaft tunnel which houses the steel drive shaft and the exhaust pipe. Then they begin weld it to the original vehicle tunnel. They position the floor which is made of galvanized steel tunnel and weld it into place.

IT’S ROOFING TIME

Before roofing, the worker attach roof rails to the original roof rails of the car and weld it together. After the roof rails have been welded into place, a vertical side post will be attached to the roof rail and the floor. This is to support the roof from caving in. Then he welds the base of the post to the floor frame. After then, a roof sheet made of galvanized steel is put in place as seen above.

THEY INSTALL THE SIDE PANELS

Installation of side bars and side panels begins. After they’ve installed the side bars, the workers install the outer body panels. These outer body panels are complete with hardened steel crash-bar. Then the body panel is screwed into place. The screws will be removed once the panels have bonded solidly to the limousine frame.
Quite seminal.

Meanwhile, you can contact me for top-quality and well-written tech articles, offered at affordable rates, delivered promptly.
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Dannybammz: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2018
okochaik:
Good info Meanwhile have zombies seen this�
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by Gosj01(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Great info!

I sell great laptops, more in signature.
Re: Step By Step: This Is How Limousines Are Made (PHOTOS) by TechCapon(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2018
gensteejay:

Quite seminal.

Meanwhile, you can contact me for top-quality and well-written tech articles, offered at affordable rates, delivered promptly.
ok. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

The USSV Rhino XT Is A Luxury SUV Built For The Streets / Knowledge 101: Which Engine Oil To Buy? / Here Is What You Should Do When Your Car Gets Stolen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.