Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi (24424 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / Peter Obi: Video Of Catholic Bishops Condemning Father Mbaka Emerges (WATCH) / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by SunriseW(f): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2018
emijo:

You mean Enugu people are inferior to Anambra people?
I'm ashamed of idiotic and moronic people like you.
This shitty stuff is the main reason why Biafra as a country will only be in existence only on papers.
Anu mpama like you!

Don't stress yourself.
He is not Igbo, just wants to make trouble
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by notoriousbabe: 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
pls pray for me, since I picked #500 from the ground this morning, my body has been doing me as if I want to turn to yam.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by ylaa(f): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
and so?
next story joor

FlirtyKaren:
The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria have rejected Father Mbaka’s apology to Peter Obi, which the controversial priest issued after an embarrassing episode with the PDP Vice Presidential candidate. 

Catholic Bishop of Enugu, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga who relayed the stand of the Catholic Bishops, stated that they rejected Father Mbaka’s apology to Peter Obi because it was no apology but apologetics that did not comply with what they directed him to do.

Speaking during the weekend at a diaconate ordination mass celebrated at the Holy Ghost Cathedral, Enugu, Onaga, under whose jurisdiction and supervision Fr. Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry Enugu operates said; 

“Before we met Mbaka, he had already apologised to Obi but when we listened to the apology, we realized it was no apology but apologetics, so we mandated him to do a written apology to Obi which he agreed to do and actually did it in our presence.

“He was remorseful and regretted his action. We believe he would do the needful by sending across the written apology.”

The Catholic Bishop who noted that Fr. Mbaka is gifted but should not allow himself be led into disobeying the directives and authority of the church, bemoaned the deep involvement of clerics in partisan politics and further stated that priests of the Catholic Church must not make political prophecies or endorse any politician or political party.

The bishop who also warned that priests were becoming meddlesome even in matters that does not concern them, added; 

“I urge you all to pray for Fr. Ejike Mbaka. This man has added value to the church through his work. I have on several occasions told him that he is gifted but we must not allow anybody railroad us into disobeying the directives of the church. I therefore urge you all to pray for him so that the church can maximize his gift to the glory of God.

“I have heard such cases in some community where the contention was that the priest said that a certain person or the other should be the traditional ruler of a community and the community was in crisis. This is beyond your mandate as priest. Priests are not king makers, just preach and pray for them and let the counties run their affairs. In the same way, we should also allow politicians to play their politics and steer clear from the endorsements of candidates. Nigeria operates a democracy and not theocracy. We must therefore be mindful to preserve the integrity of the Catholic church.”

https://lailasnews.com/catholic-bishops-reject-father-mbakas-apology-to-peter-obi/

Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by jclassiq(m): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
lconised:
Mbaka is from Enugu state thereby making him an inferior Igbo, he should tender a proper apology to Obi who is by the way of a superior Igbo stock.

you are of an inferior goat stock.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by jife(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
Mbaka , I forgive you. The Bishops just taught him humility

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Mhizdiva1: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
The Bishop is very objective in his reaction. I love that.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by stevedre: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
mymoneygrows:

Imagine what you just typed. That is why even in your Biafra, some sect will still be marginalized. No wonder the south south don't want to join you.

The trap got you. He/she was trying to indirectly insult the Igbos and you aligned yourself with his or her baseless misconceptions and mischievous statement. The person behind that may not be an Igbo person so take similar stuffs like this with. Pinch of salt.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Henz24(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
CheapDataGuy:
what happened to the "forgive and forget" they always preach when they on pulpit?? shocked shocked shocked

hypocrites!!!
you are suffering from lack of comprehension
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by mvem(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2018
SunriseW:

Don't stress yourself.
He is not Igbo, just wants to make trouble
....i don't see the people from Nsukka as 100% igbo... Same as some areas in ebonyi
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by naijaboiy: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
CheapDataGuy:
what happened to the "forgive and forget" they always preach when they on pulpit?? shocked shocked shocked

hypocrites!!!
Oga shut up and stop trying to raise dust unnecessarily. Do you even forgive and forget easily as a human? undecided
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Charly68: 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
So what else do they want ?
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by BabaIbo: 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
royallord1:

If u think the catholic church is being political by trying to put a leech on the mouth and actions of their priest... Am sorry to tell u the obvious truth.... Ur vote is inconsequential... At best a waste...

You're just a daft who lacks what to type...

To err is human, to forgive divine. All people commit sins and make mistakes. God forgives them, and people are acting in a godlike (divine) way when they forgive.

FYI, as individuals, we all have one vote per person, by the time you sum up votes of people like me who reason better than you do, you know what that means.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by kollins3(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2018
Sunnymatey:
Good, he should be tame and now
Grammatical blunder : 'tamed' not 'tame
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Goldmaxx(f): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
BabaIbo:
I'm a Catholic but I don't like all these dramas going on because of PDP and Obi, I might vote against them in the forthcoming election if care is not taken
sir your vote won't be noticed
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Sunday55: 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hmmm! I don't understand what they mean by rejecting his apology. The same medium he embarrassed Obi was the same medium he apologized to him. The most important thing is that he has apologized.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by BabaIbo: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2018
Goldmaxx:
sir your vote won't be noticed

You would have made sense if only your vote is more than mine, Thanks.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
lconised:
Mbaka is from Enugu state thereby making him an inferior Igbo, he should tender a proper apology to Obi who is by the way of a superior Igbo stock.

Inferior Igbo? Superior Igbo? Wonderful. These Biafra people sef
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by bluecircle470: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2018
Neminc:
Catholic church no get tolerance for nonsense o

Or they’re never contented, they’re taking sides too stylishly with PDP. Make dem go sit down one place and face there so called calling.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by Geesaintagape: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
I respect the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by ofordegreat(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2018
FlirtyKaren:
The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria have rejected Father Mbaka’s apology to Peter Obi, which the controversial priest issued after an embarrassing episode with the PDP Vice Presidential candidate. 

Catholic Bishop of Enugu, Most Rev. Callistus Onaga who relayed the stand of the Catholic Bishops, stated that they rejected Father Mbaka’s apology to Peter Obi because it was no apology but apologetics that did not comply with what they directed him to do.

Speaking during the weekend at a diaconate ordination mass celebrated at the Holy Ghost Cathedral, Enugu, Onaga, under whose jurisdiction and supervision Fr. Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry Enugu operates said; 

“Before we met Mbaka, he had already apologised to Obi but when we listened to the apology, we realized it was no apology but apologetics, so we mandated him to do a written apology to Obi which he agreed to do and actually did it in our presence.

“He was remorseful and regretted his action. We believe he would do the needful by sending across the written apology.”

The Catholic Bishop who noted that Fr. Mbaka is gifted but should not allow himself be led into disobeying the directives and authority of the church, bemoaned the deep involvement of clerics in partisan politics and further stated that priests of the Catholic Church must not make political prophecies or endorse any politician or political party.

The bishop who also warned that priests were becoming meddlesome even in matters that does not concern them, added; 

“I urge you all to pray for Fr. Ejike Mbaka. This man has added value to the church through his work. I have on several occasions told him that he is gifted but we must not allow anybody railroad us into disobeying the directives of the church. I therefore urge you all to pray for him so that the church can maximize his gift to the glory of God.

“I have heard such cases in some community where the contention was that the priest said that a certain person or the other should be the traditional ruler of a community and the community was in crisis. This is beyond your mandate as priest. Priests are not king makers, just preach and pray for them and let the counties run their affairs. In the same way, we should also allow politicians to play their politics and steer clear from the endorsements of candidates. Nigeria operates a democracy and not theocracy. We must therefore be mindful to preserve the integrity of the Catholic church.”

https://lailasnews.com/catholic-bishops-reject-father-mbakas-apology-to-peter-obi/

Most Rev Callistus Onaga has done the needful. By that singular action many Protestants would understand the uniqueness of the Catholic faithful.
I hope that Fr Ejike Mbaka would learn his lessons. I am aware that H.E Mr Peter Obi in his meekness has not or did not lose sleep over the incident. I trust that Fr Mbaka's apologies ought to have been well received and that His Excellency will not be deterred to support the building projects if he makes up his mind on the actual amount he afford to donate to that effect.

By and large, everyone is learning from the incidents.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by SunriseW(f): 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
mvem:
....i don't see the people from Nsukka as 100% igbo... Same as some areas in ebonyi

No one cares about how you see anyone, your sight is not a criterion for knowing who is Igbo or not.
keep how you see anyone to your eyes alone.
Re: Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi by mvem(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2018
SunriseW:

No one cares about how you see anyone, your sight is not a criterion for knowing who is Igbo or not.
keep how you see anyone to your eyes alone.
...not only me though... You are ignorant of the fact that most igbos don't see the whole ebonyi as being igbo... Don't lie to yourself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Nigerian Top 100 Pastors / Fight At Assemblies Of God Church Kaduna, 20 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.