Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,214 members, 7,849,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It (399 Views)

A Missing Plane From 1955 Landed After 37-years, Here Is What Happened (myth). / Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / Truck Crushes Everything In A Shop Except The Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by JoelSavage(m): 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2018
Money is very tempting, after all, because of money everyone is struggling in this crazy world, to provide security and stability for our family. Therefore, if you find someone’s wallet with full of money (between 250 and 300 Euros), will you find the owner to give it back to him or you’ll keep because you think God has blessed you?

In the year 2001, I was employed as a cleaner and dishwasher in the company running both a restaurant and a cinema, (Cartoons Cinema and Restaurant) in the city of Antwerp. During the cleaning hours in the three cinema halls, I found many items such as mobile phones, umbrellas, jackets, and missing wallets.

Whatever item I found, I keep it for weeks, sometimes the owners come for the found items and at times, they don’t come. When such things happen, I will inform the management about it and the items will be kept. I have three mobile phones back to their owners. The delights I found in their eyes encouraged me to be more faithful in my work.

Within my three years service, I found three missing wallets. There was one which contains a specified amount of money; (about 150 Euros) credit cards and the code digits to cash money, assuming the wallet went into the hands of a criminal. Because of her driving license, I knew where she stays. I went to her house but she wasn’t there.

After work, I went to her house again, but she wasn’t there. The third time, she wasn’t still in the house but this time, I saw a police van with two policemen in it right in front of the house. I approached the van, explained and handed over the wallet to them. I have a lot to do and being in her house thrice without finding her was consuming my precious time.

One of the policemen gave me a thumb, pleased over what I did and seemed more surprised when he saw the code digits card which any criminal could have used to cash out the woman’s money from her savings account. I was at work when I had a visitor. Why is this lady looking for Joel Savage? My mind was full of thoughts.

She came to me and stretched out her hand to shake. According to her, she was the one I gave her wallet to the police. “Thanks for bringing back my wallet.

In fact, I have been very busy. You saw the police van parked in front of my house because my neighbour living upstairs has committed suicide and the police are there to take the body,” she told me. The lady again visited me but this time with a gift.

Read further: https://www.modernghana.com/news/903004/if-you-find-a-missing-wallet-full-of-money-will-you-give-to.html

Re: If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by Nickisindigo(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
From a Nigerian point of view and my personal view if the owner is a lady I give back but a guy I spend
Re: If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by catwalq(f): 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
I'd give it back. You don't know the kinda problems the loss of that money is causing...

1 Like

Re: If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by kunzzy4me(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
Mute!
Re: If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by Rexnegro(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
I'd give it back , not a problem for me to do that
Re: If You Find A Missing Wallet Full Of Money Will You Give To The Owner Or Keep It by Treasure17(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
I will definitely return the money provided there's contact address.

(1) (Reply)

Aeroplane Was Forced To Around After Human Heart For Donation Was Left Behind. / Boeing 737 Crashes In Florida River / How Airlines Make Their Money From A Single Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.