Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) (1539 Views)

Bells University Lecturer Shaves A Student’s Hair In Ogun State (Photos, Video) / ESUT Lecturer Cutting A Student's Hair With Razor In Class / Teacher Styles Her Hair Like Her Student's Hair To Make Her Feel Better (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by AbujaBlue: 7:42pm On Dec 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTK2eFT5yd4

Link to original Reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/visalia/comments/a3is6z/my_buddies_teacer_forcefully_cut_his_hair/

A California high school teacher has lost her job and is facing multiple criminal charges after cellphone video emerged showing her forcibly cutting a student's hair while belting out an incorrect rendition of the National Anthem.

Margaret Gieszinger, 52, a former teacher at University Preparatory High School in Visalia, faces six criminal misdemeanor charges -- one count of false imprisonment, two counts of cruelty to a child, two counts of battery, and one count of assault. She could serve up to three and a half years in prison if she is convicted on all charges, according to the Tulare County district attorney's office.
Cellphone video posted to Reddit on Wednesday shows Gieszinger call a male student student to the front of the class. She makes him sit, then cuts chunks of his hair while singing "The Star-Spangled Banner," transposing verses as she sings.

The student moves away, and Gieszinger holds the scissors above her head, demanding that another student come to the front of the class. She can be heard telling students that someone will be chosen if no one volunteers. Gieszinger begins to sing again and darts between desks, lunging at a female student. Gieszinger pulls the female student's long hair to the side as she attempts to cut it. The student yells at her to stop, then joins others fleeing the room.

"He couldn't believe what was happening," said Mark Vogt, an attorney for the male student whose hair was cut by Gieszinger. "He, frankly, didn't know what to do. He thought to himself 'me or anybody else, she's coming for someone else.' And in the video, of course, we see that later. But he was absolutely terrified."

Witnesses told CNN affiliate KFSN that Gieszinger showed up to her first period chemistry class brandishing a pair of scissors and saying it was haircut day. As events unfolded, one student reportedly ran to the main office to ask for help.

Gieszinger was released from jail in Tulare County on Friday evening after posting $100,000 bail, according to KFSN. She has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from University Preparatory High School.

Gieszinger's husband told KFSN that the behavior shown in the cellphone video was completely out of character for his wife.
"She doesn't do stuff like that," he told KFSN reporter Brian Johnson. "It's not her. It's not who she is. So I don't know what was going on with her. I don't have any clue as to why she did that."

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/08/us/california-haircut-teacher/index.html

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by ipobarethieves: 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by Lloydthesaint: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Mr Adams suppose de face charge too

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by Donald95(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Back in My secondary School days, my teacher Mr Anayo nearly comot my As.s and keep it on the floor using Cane just because I was asking someone something while he was teaching mteeew

2 Likes

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by justflow1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
This cannot happen in africa, we are more of moralist here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by AbujaBlue: 1:24am On Dec 11, 2018
I think in this case the teacher lost her sanity and went completely crazy. Had she been sane she would have known this was a career ending move.
Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by Randy100: 7:22am On Dec 11, 2018
During my secondary school days, I had an afro that was cut down by my teacher and today she still has her job.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by speedyconnect3: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2018
Compare with naija.

* Sell your airtime to us and make cash

Also see below for data bonanza.

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by diggy41(m): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2018
HELLO everyone . Please let me use this opportunity to inform the Masters in the house that deal with mini-importation or any other job that have to do with delivering of product to your customers Nationwide am bringing it to your notice that i can serve as your AGENT in helping you to deliver your product to your customers in Asaba, warri and anambra state at large bcus thats where i base, am looking forward in having a positive result here, THANKS.08112279202
Re: Oyinbo Teacher Forcefully Cuts Student's Hair - Faces Charges (Video) by TobiAbuja: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2018
This is crazy behaviour from the teacher. She must be suffering from some mental breakdown.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Schools That Accept Awaiting Result For Admission In JAMB 2019 / COVID-19: Lagos SS3 Student Recants First Day At School / Over Ten Questions That Can Not Be Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.