Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer (18168 Views)

Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Student Shot Dead (Disturbing Photo) / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Student Shot Dead By Cultists (Graphic Photos) / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Student Who Had An Accident During SARS Chase, Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Mediahelm: 6:11am On Dec 11, 2018
One of the four victims of last week’s kidnapping in Ondo State has reportedly been killed by the abductors six days after they were seized by gunmen.

The victim, a lecturer at the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, identified as Taiwo Akinyemi, reportedly died on Sunday.

Four persons, including the deceased, were kidnapped by suspected Fulani gunmen in Amurin village on the Akure-Owo Expressway in Owo Local Government Area of the state last Tuesday.

The three other victims, who are members of staff of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo have been released.

The corpse of the 52-year-old Akinyemi was said to have been found in a bush tied to a tree on Sunday evening. It was learnt that the deceased was killed by the abductors for the inability of his family to pay on time the ransom demanded by the abductors.

Following the development, lecturers and students of the polytechnic on Monday held a procession on the campus as a mark of respect for the late Akinyemi.

The state governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, was also on the campus of the school to commiserate with the academic community, and described the death of the lecturer as unfortunate.

Addressing journalists on the death of Akinyemi, the Chairman, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Polytechnics, RUGIPO chapter, Mr Chris Olowolade, described the incident as sad and unfortunate.

He explained that the union had entered into negotiation with the kidnappers in order to secure Akinyem’s release, but “we lost him to the kidnappers and we received his corpse yesterday (Sunday).”

He added, “The kidnappers placed a ransom of N100m on him, which nobody could afford, but they reduced it to N7m after two days, and later grudgingly asked us to come up with N500,000.

“The money was taken to them, and the person who took it to them was directed by the kidnappers to where he should drop the money. They asked him to stop, reverse and move, just to confirm that he was the actual person bringing the money.

“But after some hours, they called that the man bringing the money should come back that they didn’t see it; only for us to be called by the Rector yesterday (Sunday) to go and identify a corpse.

“We rushed to the morgue and discovered that it was his (Akinyemi’s) corpse. He was tied to a tree with his clothes, and his remains were left in the bush. The body was recovered by the police and deposited in the morgue; he was treated badly before he was killed.”

The governor, while speaking to the staff and students of the institution, explained that the state government and the security operatives made attempts to rescue the deceased

He said, “It is unfortunate that the man couldn’t return home alive. The incident (kidnap) happened some five minutes after I passed through the place and I had to deploy some security men in my convoy to the place to rescue the victims.

“These kidnappers have become more daring and desperate; this is because we are moving towards the festive period; but the state police command has assured us that they will not limit their operation to stop and search only, but that they will also increase road patrol.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, who confirmed the killing of the kidnapped lecturer, described his death as unfortunate, adding that all the other victims had regained their freedom.

Joseph said men of the state police command were on the trail of the kidnappers, but noted that no arrest had been made yet.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/kidnappers-kill-ondo-poly-lecturer-over.html

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Nogodye(m): 6:16am On Dec 11, 2018
Those killers will nt knw peace.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Apus: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2018
Nogodye:

True.

But do we rely on Prayers and Nemesis alone to do justice? And until our prayers are answered one cannot fathom how many lives would have been wasted by this evil perpetrators.

I believe our government have a hand in all of these happenings. If not what is so rocket science about tackling the spate of kidnappings in the country. Even human lives have no value to them.

I have also lost a relative to these evil men.

13 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by meezynetwork(m): 7:13am On Dec 11, 2018
Can't their phone line be traced?

10 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by obembet(f): 9:17am On Dec 11, 2018
Nogodye:

They never care about peace.

RIP
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Sirheny007(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2018
People make the mistake of negotiating unwisely with Kidnappers.

How can you negotiate with someone who is grabbing your scrotum while the only hold you have of him is his hand?
undecided
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2018
Nogodye:
They will never know peace

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by YoungLionken(m): 9:19am On Dec 11, 2018
Desperation everywhere, all day.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by maxiuc(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2018
angry angry angry angry

Late payment not the reason maybe he identified his abductors

6 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by thesicilian: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2018
They should have paid on time. Nothing compares to life.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by LegitHustler: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2018
eeyaa
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by kayc0(f): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2018
H

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2018
The killers won't see end of this year, they will die violently and their pants pulled down.

6 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by chrisifeanyi: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2018
I was banned just because I aired my candid opinion. This is not fair. As for the mod that banned me, you will get serious toothache this Christmas, let me see how you will chop meat. Nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by adebayosun02: 9:25am On Dec 11, 2018
Hear d governor spew rubbish

“These kidnappers have become more daring and desperate; this is because we are moving towards the festive period"

Mediahelm:

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/kidnappers-kill-ondo-poly-lecturer-over.html

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by pedrilo: 9:26am On Dec 11, 2018
this country is volatile and unsafe
people can just be kidnapped and killed and the perpetrators get away wit it
the country is very very unsafe

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by obembet(f): 9:28am On Dec 11, 2018
pedrilo:
this country is volatile and unsafe
people can just be kidnapped and killed and the perpetrators get away wit it
the country is very very unsafe

And this is your country, there is nothing u can do about it
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by KingThreatzz: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2018
If the man was a big person. His case would have been investigated. This is so unfortunate
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by annexworld(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2018
Naija our country. Which way forward, which way to go
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by dederocs(m): 9:33am On Dec 11, 2018
What is the work of the police,I thought the government gave them some tracking technology devices, every life is important, not just the life of the rich men.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2018
This Fulani guys get mind o

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by skales67(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2018
SW...see what you people have brought upon yourselves?

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by 9gerian: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2018
Road search for Fulani herders who have mastered the forests

You better engage the hunters and smoke them out promptly.

Local hunters should be commissioned by all state governments to join the security operatives in gathering intelligence to secure their territories.

Mediahelm:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by AFONJACOW(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2018
Fulani X-men and Afonjas will make a good Neighbors

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Yoighaman(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Apus:

True.

But do we rely on Prayers and Nemesis alone to do justice? And until our prayers are answered one cannot fathom how many lives would have been wasted by this evil perpetrators.

I believe our government have a hand in all of these happenings. If not what is so rocket science about tackling the spate of kidnappings in the country. Even human lives have no value to them.

I have also lost a relative to these evil men.

So sorry about your loss, sadly I have also lost a family friend to these beasts.

I don't think it's that difficult to nab them in this day of high technology, its either the people in charge are just grossly incompetent and unwilling to get sense or it simply doesn't bother them...maybe until it happens to one of their loved ones and I wish them so if they continue with this nonchalant attitude.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by frankdoz21: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2018
I hope afonjas will not mine the skull of this innocent man.
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Kenekingisback: 9:42am On Dec 11, 2018
Buhari sef angry sad cry
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 11, 2018
This is what you get for loving 1 Nigeria over common sense nd respect for oneself... Fulani never kill our intelligentsia finish.. Those guys will still kidnap nd rape until the state government establish vigilantes to flush all herders out of that fucking forest

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Diso60090(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2018
meezynetwork:
Can't their phone line be traced?

Na you wan trace am? Abi na who wan do am my guy

This is Nigerian
Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by movetoca: 9:46am On Dec 11, 2018
They agreed to pay ransom and they still went ahead and killed him because of delayed payment. This is why every kidnapper deserves death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Kill Taiwo Akinyemi, Rufus Giwa, Polytechnic Lecturer by Firgemachar: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2018
Fulani herdsmen

They must not get away with it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Hadn’t Made Enough Money Before My Arrest – Robbery Suspect / 10 People Killed By Suicide Bomber In Konduga, Borno State (Graphic Photos) / Poly Student Convicted For $1,500 Yahoo Fraud In Enugu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.