Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (18044 Views)

Man Killed As Eiye And Aiye Cultists Clash In Ikorodu (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Vikings, Cultists Clash At Cheras In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia / Man Shot Dead As Aye & Eiye Cultists Clash In Delta (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Danburuwa: 2:08am On May 10, 2023
A supremacy battle among members of two rival cult groups, the Klaans and Confraternities, over the control of a minibus Park in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, has left many dead.

While residents claimed the clash which started on Sunday had claimed 16 lives, the state police command said four persons were killed.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the clash started on Sunday in the Nwanniba area of the state capital when members of the two rival groups engaged one another over alleged encroachment into the park to collect tolls.

A resident of the community, Nora Iwang, told journalists in Uyo on Tuesday that property worth millions of naira have been destroyed in the crisis while thousands have deserted their homes.

Nora, who said she was returning home when the crisis started, disclosed that she had to pass the night with friends outside the area, following the calls she received from neighbours around Udo Ekpo Nkpo Street over the incident.

“I thank God that I finally arrived at my house this morning (Tuesday) after my friends called me on Monday evening to sleep elsewhere and not to return for fear of being killed by the rampaging armed hoodlums,” Iwang said.

Another resident, Anofiok Usen, said, “My wife called me around 7.50pm on Monday that I should not return home because of ongoing killings around my area in Udo Ekpo Nkpo Street and the adjoining areas of Nwanibba, Ekpri Nsukara, Eniong Offot and Use Offot communities. I had to take refuge at my sister’s place off Abak Road till this morning, Tuesday.”

“These last three days, we have been staying indoors from 6pm because of the fight and policemen will only patrol major roads, without going into the villages to confront the real culprits,”
another resident, who identified herself as Emem Duncan, told our correspondent.

PUNCH Metro gathered that eight people were killed in Use Offot, and more than 10 others were killed in Anua, Ekpri Nsukara and Oniong communities, while many others who sustained injuries are currently receiving treatment in the hospitals.

Meanwhile, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Odiko Macdon, who confirmed the killings in a statement on Tuesday, said four people were killed.

He said, “The state Commissioner of Police, Olatoye Durosinmi, is miffed at the disruption of public order and safety by two rival cult groups at Anua Offot and Use Offot, both at Nwaniba, in the Uyo Local Government Area, leading to the loss of lives.

“The CP condemned in strong terms the wanton destruction of lives and has vowed to bring perpetrators to book; hence, he has deployed tactical resources to restore order and fish out the perpetrators.

“The CP has, therefore, called on residents of the said communities and Uyo, to go about their lawful businesses without fear of molestation and be assured of their safety because of strategies emplaced.

“He has sent a clear warning to perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith or face the dire consequences of their actions.”

Source- https://punchng.com/residents-flee-as-suspected-cultists-clash-in-uyo/

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Moh247: 2:12am On May 10, 2023
Cult battle in 2023 ..

Mscheew!!!

Your mates they hustle for big bags, big check and big pay day

Your mates dey share update

You dey fight about

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Karlovych: 3:01am On May 10, 2023
embarassed Hmm, Igboland again!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Flora2Sweet: 4:32am On May 10, 2023
Another mugu spoted ...

It's obvious you can't read...

Karlovych:

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Septagon: 5:10am On May 10, 2023
Which 16 people?lie lie Punch.u will sit in Abuja and write nonsense.im an eye witness.i can help you guys with pics and videos.oy two died.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Ceenachi: 8:56am On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:

Zombie rest
Shey eye dey pain you

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by DaTruths: 11:35am On May 10, 2023
Whoever that brought Cultsim outside the gates of universities is a Legendary fool.

Cultism that intellectuals couldn't handle properly, you still carry street hoodlums and touts dey recruit.

You as a Cultist, what joy does it give you that agebro go follow you dey share the same OT and anchor?

Na mumu dey join cult.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Klington: 11:35am On May 10, 2023
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by ernesco0816517(m): 11:35am On May 10, 2023
God bless Akwa Abasi ibom state

4 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Klington: 11:35am On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:

Zero IQ.

8 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Pwettylinda(f): 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Lol
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by IamPlato(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2023

Na wa oh... This kind fight wey make residents flee their house.

Human beings and violence sha. God forbid. After all the killing and damages na we still dey at a lose.

Check the ad link below, if you are an interested writer

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/17208234_202305060059260000_jpeg8c41f895d12bad13d6b9cbaf018e9758
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Mufasa27(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Wey that fool wey dey do Gateman for nollywood okon abi wetin, e no see wetin dey go on for him states lol 😂 na lagos matter e wan die put, when we said we don't want you guys around us this is one of the reason, Still got mad love for my south south people sha.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by mytime24(f): 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Stupid people

Wetin b d gain of cultist

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Reelmii: 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Cult
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Valuepaints20(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by lexrichy(m): 11:37am On May 10, 2023
Just give them space to finish killing their selves

2 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by FlawlessKarl: 11:37am On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:

shocked

When it's something like this corn children will remember that Akwa Ibom is Igbo land, but when it comes to election period or anything good, you all will remember that Akwa Ibom state is south south state and at the same time being delusional that south south and South West are one, whereas you all know that South south has nothing to do with Fulani slave.

Talk of føolishness, non is fóolish like corn bastards

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Edgarbooks: 11:37am On May 10, 2023
I wonder what akwa ibom men gain from cultism. I think politicians there are the ones breeding cultists because it was not always like this.

They should reduce the cultism to enable us who admire calabar and akwa ibom women to come peacefully to their state and pick wives.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by nepapole(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:

I still dont understand why some believe that man was created equal to his pairs.

See this one now... no single sense.

You cant tell me all men were created like this cos I wasnt.

4 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Diligent1(f): 11:38am On May 10, 2023
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by bigdammyj: 11:38am On May 10, 2023
Noted.
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Nawttiboi007(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2023
Oya na
Septagon:
Which 16 people?lie lie Punch.u will sit in Abuja and write nonsense.im an eye witness.i can help you guys with pics and videos.oy two died.
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by PHZADDY1(m): 11:39am On May 10, 2023
Karlovych:
Topnotch foolery...onye nzuzu

4 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by EmeraldEmperor(m): 11:39am On May 10, 2023
We way be Upright Men no dey do Streets Fight

1 Like

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:39am On May 10, 2023
Why person go leave peace of mind go choose problem. Cultism! Shaking my head

3 Likes

Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by trevorlinda: 11:39am On May 10, 2023
lets us embrace peace...
Re: Residents Flee As Suspected Cultists Clash In Uyo, Akwa Ibom by Afonjanistan: 11:40am On May 10, 2023
Hope my UyaiIncomparabl is safe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Who Kidnapped My Father Spoke Igbo – Imo Man Living Abroad / RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable / Court Convicts Baba Ijesha For Sexual Assault On Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.