Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub (2290 Views)

UI, UNN, UNILAG Shine In Centre For World University Rankings / Nnewi Inches Towards Becoming The New African Tech Hub (photos) / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 7:01am On Dec 11, 2018
The erstwhile director of the Physical Planning department, Arc. Alalade who recently has been succeeded by Arc. Timothy Obanewo unveiled the Covenant University Tech hub in a meeting with the vice chancellor of Covenant university.

The twin technology hub would be an highrise connected by a bridge and is intended to be built directly opposite the College of Science and technology on the stretch of land between Senate building and College of Development studies.

At completion the tech hub will have 2,000 computing systems which are collapsible to maximize space. An Ampitheatre that heightens collaboration between students and faculty and multiple world class laboratories where everything tech, robotics would be aggressively learnt.

Huawei is also currently exploring the feasibility of partnering on building a Smart CU towards the actualisation of the university’s Vision 10:2022.

Solutions Manager, Huawei Obiyemi told the CU team led by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor AAA. Atayero, that with the management of personal computer plagued by challenges such as data security vulnerability, High O and M costs and resource inflexibility, desktop virtualization offers a stepping stone to ICT transformation.

“This is the future. Part of the benefits is that the date is secure, you can work anywhere in the world even though your desktop is at CU, there is simplified management and rapid fault recovery,” said Obiyemi.

Huawei FusionCloud Desktop solution architecture, he explained, offers end-to-end solutions which optimizes and consolidates resources to ensure comprehensive performance and user experience. There are rich options of Access Terminals and it supports multiple operation systems, he added.

Obiyemi disclosed that Desktop Cloud’s typical application scenarios include conventional office, secure office, cloud workstations; call Centres, public terminals and branch offices. Huawei, he stated, had installed the virtual desktop infrastructure for organisations like Hong Kong Airlines, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, the Bank of China and the African Union with huge success. “We are more than happy to help Covenant University leverage this futuristic technology,” he enthused.

The Vice Chancellor of Covenant University, a Russian trained communication and Satellite engineer also spoke of the need for every new building in the University to be powered by renewable energy.

https://m.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fh.facebook.com%2Fhr%2Fr&_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=363197734447342&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by EXICON(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2018
HigherEd:
The erstwhile director of the Physical Planning department, Arc. Alalade who recently has been succeeded by Arc. Timothy Obanewo unveiled the Covenant University Tech hub in a meeting with the vice chancellor of Covenant university.

The twin technology hub would be an highrise connected by a bridge and is intended to be built directly opposite the College of Science and technology on the stretch of land between Senate building and College of Development studies.

At completion the tech hub will have 2,000 computing systems which are collapsible to maximize space. An Ampitheatre that heightens collaboration between students and faculty and multiple world class laboratories where everything tech, robotics would be aggressively learnt.

Covenant university always making raves.

Can you show us pictures at highered?

Well done

1 Like

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by TheVictorious(m): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2018
@HigherED, no pics bro cry cry cry
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by diggy41(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2018
HELLO everyone . Please let me use this opportunity to inform the Masters in the house that deal with mini-importation or any other job that have to do with delivering of product to your customers Nationwide am bringing it to your notice that i can serve as your AGENT in helping you to deliver your product to your customers in Asaba, warri and anambra state at large bcus thats where i base, am looking forward in having a positive result here, THANKS.08112279202
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:57am On Dec 11, 2018
Covenant University is the only Nigerian university that can meet up with foreign universities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by christejames(m): 10:12am On Dec 11, 2018
This is nice. This is the kind of partnership I want to be seeing from our public schools other than partnerships that hamper their growth, especially from the govt.

I will visit this Covenant one day!

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2018
TheVictorious:
@HigherED, no pics bro cry cry cry
I have seen the prototype but I don't have the pictures or video. When I get my hands on it again I would update the thread. I'm sorry I couldn't continue our chat on whatsapp my phone was stolen on Saturday.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by CodeTemplar: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2018
Hmmm. . . .
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by techking: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2018
OK.....Next pls
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by barojana: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2018
Covenant is probably Oyedepo's bigggest contribution to national development. However, the university needs to start freeing itself from religion. Stand for Jesus Christ not unnecessary religion. CU should learn from catholic University of Notredame, the world's best Christian university with a $13 billion endowment or Yonsei university a protestant founded school in South Korea which is amongst the three most prestigious universities(SKY) in that country. Those universities are balanced and welcome people of all religions while standing unapologetically behind their Christian tenets.

Now Jim ovia is spending thousands of dollars to sponsor ppl for free in CU and Asheshi. Over 270,000 usd he gave cu last year. We don't want to hear that any of his scholar was suspended because they didn't go to church.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by polimaf(m): 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
barojana:
Covenant is probably Oyedepo's bigggest contribution to national development. However, the university needs to start freeing itself from religion. Stand for Jesus Christ not unnecessary religion. CU should learn from catholic University of Notredame, the world's best Christian university with a $13 billion endowment or Yonsei university a protestant founded school in South Korea which is amongst the three most prestigious universities(SKY) in that country. Those universities are balanced and welcome people of all religions while standing unapologetically behind their Christian tenets.

Now Jim ovia is spending thousands of dollars to sponsor ppl for free in CU and Asheshi. Over 270,000 usd he gave cu last year. We don't want to hear that any of his scholar was suspended because they didn't go to church.

I have Muslim friends who graduated from Cu. ask teeneyo

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by Ramon92: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Even though I detest Christianity, I'm beginning to respect Oyedepo as a man.. Building up and improving his business empire with his unique style of raising capital even tho..

Well, such is life..
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by DangotePikin: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
your phone was stolen during Shiloh?
HigherEd:

I have seen the prototype but I don't have the pictures or video. When I get my hands on it again I would update the thread. I'm sorry I couldn't continue our chat on whatsapp my phone was stolen on Saturday.

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by darfay: 2:45am On Dec 12, 2018
Ramon92:
Even though I detest Christianity, I'm beginning to respect Oyedepo as a man.. Building up and improving his business empire with his unique style of raising capital even tho..

Well, such is life..

But we don't detest islam we are just very indifferent

Please stop wasting your hate. use it wisely on someone/people who cares about you and your pathetic opinion

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by Ramon92: 5:33am On Dec 12, 2018
darfay:

But we don't detest islam we are just very indifferent

Please stop wasting your hate. use it wisely on someone/people who cares about you and your pathetic opinion
I'm not even a Muslim fyi
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 6:21am On Dec 12, 2018
HigherEd:

Huawei is also currently exploring the feasibility of partnering on building a Smart CU towards the actualisation of the university’s Vision 10:2022.

Solutions Manager, Huawei Obiyemi told the CU team led by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor AAA. Atayero, that with the management of personal computer plagued by challenges such as data security vulnerability, High O and M costs and resource inflexibility, desktop virtualization offers a stepping stone to ICT transformation.

“This is the future. Part of the benefits is that the date is secure, you can work anywhere in the world even though your desktop is at CU, there is simplified management and rapid fault recovery,” said Obiyemi.

Huawei FusionCloud Desktop solution architecture, he explained, offers end-to-end solutions which optimizes and consolidates resources to ensure comprehensive performance and user experience. There are rich options of Access Terminals and it supports multiple operation systems, he added.

Obiyemi disclosed that Desktop Cloud’s typical application scenarios include conventional office, secure office, cloud workstations; call Centres, public terminals and branch offices. Huawei, he stated, had installed the virtual desktop infrastructure for organisations like Hong Kong Airlines, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, the Bank of China and the African Union with huge success. “We are more than happy to help Covenant University leverage this futuristic technology,” he enthused.

The Vice Chancellor of Covenant University, a Russian trained communication and Satellite engineer also spoke of the need for every new building in the University to be powered by renewable energy.

https://m.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fh.facebook.com%2Fhr%2Fr&_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=363197734447342&id=226796954754088

Lalasticlala

This isn't new. UNN's roar tech hub has already set the pace.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 6:33am On Dec 12, 2018
superlightning:

This isn't new. UNN's roar tech hub has already set the pace.
I'm not talking about a startup lab.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 6:35am On Dec 12, 2018
DangotePikin:
your phone was stolen during Shiloh?
Yes it was.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2018
HigherEd:

I'm not talking about a startup lab.

Its not a lab. Its a hub of its own. Get the right information.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2018
superlightning:

Its not a lab. Its a hub of its own. Get the right information.
Don't annoy yourself this morning. I know roar hub which is a startup lab. And CU by the way pioneered tech startup laboratories in universities with the Hebron startup laboratory.

The following first two pictures are CU startup pic, while roarhub picture is the last picture. So I wld advice you to enlighten yourself instead of advising me.

https://techpoint.africa/2017/03/23/covenant-university-hebron-startup-labs/

What this thread talks about is a full fledged technology hub in CU with study on tech and robotics not a two room office you cited in UNN and call a hub.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2018
HigherEd:

Don't annoy yourself this morning. I know roar hub which is a startup lab. And CU by the way pioneered tech startup laboratories in universities with the Hebron startup laboratory.

The following first two pictures are CU startup pic, while roarhub picture is the last picture. So I wld advice you to enlighten yourself instead of advising me.

https://techpoint.africa/2017/03/23/covenant-university-hebron-startup-labs/

What this thread talks about is a full fledged technology hub in CU with study on tech and robotics not a two room office you cited in UNN and call a hub.

When you are done spewing your insecurities, you follow the real news....

stop your fake news....UNN started a hub first before ANY Nigerian University.

https://m.guardian.ng/technology/unn-makes-history-with-roar-nigeria-hub/
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by Bifrost: 12:42am On Dec 13, 2018
superlightning:

When you are done spewing your insecurities, you follow the real news....

stop your fake news....UNN started a hub first before ANY Nigerian University.

https://m.guardian.ng/technology/unn-makes-history-with-roar-nigeria-hub/

tongue
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 6:58am On Dec 13, 2018
Bifrost:

Be honest with yourself, would you regard that bungalow (formally PTDF building) now used as Roarhub as world class?

You don't have to make everything a competition. Pls.

Keep ranting. several world class tech companies started that way. Go to ROARHUB and see what it is NOW.

Go and flaunt your insecurities to other universities. UNN is your pacesetter in so many ways. UNN competes only with itself.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by Bifrost: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
superlightning:

Keep ranting. several world class tech companies started that way. Go to ROARHUB and see what it is NOW.

Go and flaunt your insecurities to other universities. UNN is your pacesetter in so many ways. UNN competes only with itself.

Don't sound idiotic trying to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Bifrost:

Don't sound idiotic trying to prove a point.

P.S: I graduated from UNN.

Which UNN? Because a UNN graduate won't respond like you just did. Moronic impostor. No matter how you try to cover up, we expose you. Loser claiming UNN
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by HigherEd: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2018
superlightning:

Which UNN? Because a UNN graduate won't respond like you just did. Moronic impostor. No matter how you try to cover up, we expose you. Loser claiming UNN
Bifrost actually graduated from UNN and exudes the character of a true Lion. A lion doesn't go around trying to convince a tiger that it is a Lion. UNN is great, we know it. But you harrassing this thread only reveals your personal insecurities.
Re: Covenant University's Chief Architect Unveils Plan For World Class Tech Hub by superlightning: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
HigherEd:

Bifrost actually graduated from UNN and exudes the character of a true Lion. A lion doesn't go around trying to convince a tiger that it is a Lion. UNN is great, we know it. But you harrassing this thread only reveals your personal insecurities.

Another impostor on the loose.

Just because I said UNN pioneered the tech hub in Nigerian universities, you want to have a heart attack.

(1) (Reply)

Ui Post Utme/admissions / Nogak Polytechnic, Ikom, Cross River State. 2015/2016 POST UTME..O7O39293182 / Writing CED300 As A Spillover Course In Uniben.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.