Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Reducing The Risk Of Kidnapping - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Reducing The Risk Of Kidnapping (226 Views)

New Style Of Kidnapping? Keke Driver Drives Away With Passenger's Kid In Kaduna / Babatunde Qudus Ovation Accused Of Kidnapping & Raping Zainab, 21-Year-Old Lady / Taxi Driver Accused Of Kidnapping 3 Kids From Pastor Oyedepo's School In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reducing The Risk Of Kidnapping by QHSEpro: 9:38am On Dec 11, 2018
Recently I met my friend’s wife and the conversation between us went thus “How is my little friend?”, referring to her little son “Oh he is fine,” she replied. “They must be on holidays now, I guess?”, “Yes o!” she replied, “They are on holidays now.” Curious, I asked, “So who is keeping an eye on him?”, “Oh I just got a new house help, fantastic lady, very nice, and the kid s love her too.” “Oh is that so? Do you have her picture?” “No”, she replied. “Do you know where she lives?”.”No, I got her through an agent”. “Do you know her relations?”. “No.” “How long has she been with you?”. “Just one week”, she replied. “I got her last week, through an agent recommended by a colleague in the office”. “Waoh! And you left your three kids with her?” At this point she became thoughtful. She got the message.

About 4 months ago, the press media was awash with stories of a woman whose three kids were kidnapped by a ‘’trusted’’ house help. According to reports, she had sourced the house help through a popular online service provider. Fortunately, for her, with the intervention of law enforcement agencies the children were eventually rescued. Not everybody has been that lucky.

To reduce the risk of kidnapping below are a few tips for you to note

Inform your street security every time you have a new nanny. Introduce them if you can and leave strict instructions.

Before you entrust your child to any caregiver, do a thorough background check. Get the full details of the agent and the nanny. Verify contact details with guarantors’ details. Do your medical screening before commencement of work.

Ensure you get the caregiver’s pictures once you engage them. Keep valuables out of access.

Never leave children alone and unattended. High-risk areas are religious places, shopping malls, cars (while you rush to use the ATM or buy something).

Strangers are not always evil looking. Tell your kids not to talk to adults they do not know.

Anytime they are approached by an adult they should check with a parent or trusted adult immediately.

Warn your kids to reject favours or gifts from strangers without your permission and teach them to ask you before assisting or going with another adult.

Ensure you know exactly where your kids are at all times.

Tell your children your full names, home address and the emergency numbers.

Talk to your children about safety and security practices on a daily basis.

By the way, a week after my discussions with my friend’s wife, she called to say that the Nanny left the house unannounced and has not been seen yet. When she reported to the agent and asked for her address, the agent told her he does not have it!

http://www.mtcnigeria.com/reducing-the-risk-of-kidnapping/
Re: Reducing The Risk Of Kidnapping by QHSEpro: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2018
cc Seun, Lalasticlala. This is worth sharing with Nigerians out there

(1) (Reply)

Nicaragua Police Beat Journalists, Reports / Buhari Was Deceived By Impostors Claiming To Be Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC / Suspected Smugglers Kill Customs Officer, Injure Another In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.