Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity (760 Views)

Soyinka Reacts To Media Distortions Of His 2014 Experience With Cancer / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by Superstar007(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nobel laureate and renowned writer, Professor Wole Soyinka has raised an alarm over the issue of stolen identity, noting that he has been a victim of recent.

The alarm from the Nobel Laureate came barely a week after President Muhammadu Buhari cleared the dust surrounding his identity when he was addressing Nigerians in Poland.

It was gathered that Soyinka, addressing a cross section of audience at Freedom Park in an event marking the 70th anniversary of human rights and worldwide reading for press freedom in memory of Jamal Khashoggi, stressed on the need to take the issue of stolen identity with seriousness.

He said: “Recently, we have a situation in Nigeria and that is the issue of cloning President Muhammadu Buhari. We have people who have taken that issue seriously. These were people that one can never believe to accept such considering their level of intelligence.

“When Buhari went to Poland, I said what a coincidence because I hope while he was there, he will be able to sort-out his identity and there will be a report on the return of his identity.
“Poland appears to be the centre for Nigerians settlers with stolen identity.”

Soyinka said upon discovery that his identity was being used in Poland, he visited the country and demanded that the page using his identity on Facebook be pulled down.
He said: “But he (operator of the business) refused, claiming that he has authority to do that. In my name, this fellow sells and buys things which I don’t even use.”

Speaking on press freedom, the Nobel Laureate noted that the right has been abused with the emergence of social media. He, however, said that the freedom to press and expression should not be taken with levity and should be guaranteed.

He said: “If we must fight for freedom of expression, we must fight for the correct attribution of expression.

“If the doctrine of freedom of expression was to be reversed, there will be certainly a number of issues to be addressed because expression on social media has taken a quantum leave in the last few years that cannot be imagined.”

Source: http://igberetvnews.com/480560/jubril-wole-soyinka-reacts-to-buhari-being-cloned-decries-cases-of-stolen-identity/

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by AngryNaijaMan: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
“When Buhari went to Poland, I said what a coincidence because I hope while he was there, he will be able to sort-out his identity and there will be a report on the return of his identity.
Poland appears to be the centre for Nigerians settlers with stolen identity
Hmmm! And Buhari went to the centre for stolen identity to proclaim: "See I'm the real Buhari"
I'm beginning to believe we have an impostor at Aso villa.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by zlantanfan: 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
This has been reenacted by prof boroface, Dr ngege, now prof soyinka (who is even a pmb critic) and every erudite in society

This beer parlour talk is always propagated by beer parlour gossips, or illiterate pigs who have vowed that bitterness and hate would not allow them rest until buhari degnifies them with response by rubbing in their iPod mud.

Then you ask, if iPods aren't doing PDP campaign for them what else would inspire such pettitness which PDP spokesmen like reno don't even believe in
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by Kingosytex(m): 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
i dont see any big deal in this, buhari should just remove his cap and this matter will be settled once and for all
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by zlantanfan: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2018
I have come to discover that this iPod weed inspired conspiracy theory is all in a bid to get buhari to rub "mud water" with them.

They all need pmb response to really masturbate on and gain relevance (if he gives them the benefit of a doubt they would keep giving a president more weed inspired tasks to satisfy their bitterness).

Every sane person should ignore them, we have agreed with you that pmb is duplicated, can you guys leave him and vote the atiku that isn't photocopied
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by Kundagarten: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Just tell him to remove his hat.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by Kundagarten: 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
zlantanfan:
This has been reenacted by prof boroface, Dr ngege, now prof soyinka (who is even a pmb critic) and every erudite in society

This beer parlour talk is always propagated by beer parlour gossips, or illetrate pigs who have vowed that bitterness and hate would not allow them rest until buhari degnifies them by rubbing in their iPod mud.

Then you ask, if iPods aren't doing PDP campaign for them what else would inspire such pettitness which PDP spokesmen like reno don't even believe in
If you are going to call people illiterates, at least learn how to spell illiterate first.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by wakaman: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
Kingosytex:
i dont see any big deal in this, buhari should just remove his cap and this matter will be settled once and for all

How vain can you get? Buhari should remove his cap to satisfy your whims and primitive urges.

I am sure you people are happier with your jubrin narrative, enjoy it, live and wallow in your sentiment induced euphoria.
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by zlantanfan: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
AngryNaijaMan:

Hmmm! And Buhari went to the centre for stolen identity to proclaim: "See I'm the real Buhari"
He is, does that make you happy now
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by zlantanfan: 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Kundagarten:

If you are going to call people illiterates, at least learn how to spell illiterate first.
Typo error
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by Olohunjedalo(m): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
AngryNaijaMan:

Igbos are dead brain .
Igbos are useless bastards and terrorists.
Sai baba . Next level too sure
Re: Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari Being Cloned, Decries Cases Of Stolen Identity by AroleOduduwa(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
Nigeria is a failed country, if not why can’t the president address the nation live on national tv or address the press. I am beginning to believe the Jubril story, if not why would they shut Aisha up by giving her an appointment, things are not adding up.

(1) (Reply)

Get Any Kind Of Book From This Online Bookstore! / HYPOCRITE: Story Of A Man And His Many Ideas / How To Start Improving Your Self-discipline Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.