Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,361 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help (1118 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help by terpenoid(m): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
My grand dad is having difficulty eating with a spoon or writing recently,his hand tend to be shaky whenever he is eating and sometimes the food will finally land on the table or ground due to his shaky hand. I know we have nurses and doctors here who may have encountered such illness from a patient previously because I'd really need your help on what drugs to buy to stop this shaky hand..thanks
Re: Help by keepingmum: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
terpenoid:
My grand dad is having difficulty eating with a spoon or writing recently,his hand tend to be shaky whenever he is eating and sometimes the food will finally land on the table or ground due to his shaky hand. I know we have nurses and doctors here who may have encountered such illness from a patient previously because I'd really need your help on what drugs to buy to stop this shaky hand..thanks

You cant buy drugs. Take him to see a neurologist. It might be parkinsons or other degenerative illnesses. Its likely he wont get better but the treatment will slow the progress of the disease.

Unfortunately, thats the full cycle of life

1 Like

Re: Help by thorpido(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
keepingmum:

You cant buy drugs. Take him to see a neurologist. It might be parkinsons or other degenerative illnesses. Its likely he wont get better but the treatment will slow the progress of the disease.

She don talk am finish.

Your grandad has a neurological problem causing the shaky hands called tremors.

There are drugs that will reduce the tremors and probably slow down the progress of the illness but most times,there's no cure.

1 Like

Re: Help by Acidosis(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
If you're in Lagos, take him to LASUTH, department of Neurology. Don't allow ignorance lead you to self medication, it cost less than N1000 to see a Consultant Neurologist in many government hospitals. Ignorance is just as expensive as self-medication.

3 Likes

Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
Acidosis:

If you're in Lagos, take him to LASUTH, department of Neurology. Don't allow ignorance lead you to self medication, it cost less than N1000 to see a Consultant Neurologist in many government hospitals. Ignorance is just as expensive as self-medication.
thanks so much,i really appreciate
Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
keepingmum:

thanks so much,i will do wat u have advised...
Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
thorpido:
She don talk am finish.

There are drugs that will reduce the tremors and probably slow down the progress of the illness but most times,there's no cure.
thanks too
Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
keepingmum:

he's also facing anoda challenge, under his leg is hot most time,what could be the cause?
Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
thorpido:
She don talk am finish.

he's also facing anoda challenge, under his leg is hot most time,what could be the cause?
Re: Help by thorpido(m): 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
terpenoid:
He obviously has a neurological problem.
Neurological problems cause an alteration in normal sensations which could be too high or too low.There. could be a feeling of hotness or coldness or even lack of sensation.
Re: Help by terpenoid(m): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
thorpido:
He obviously has a neurological problem.
Neurological problems cause an alteration in normal sensations which could be too high or too low.There. could be a feeling of hotness or coldness or even lack of sensation.
thanks so much..i do appreciate
Re: Help by essenceplus: 7:37am On May 06, 2019
Wow. I'll prefer to say hpd to neurological problem on this :

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Reveals What They Go Through In The Hands Of Their Pregnant Wives . / Nigerians Will Be Home Longer Than Expected / Finally free from a Gay friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.