Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,976 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Aggrieved APC Members In Ondo, Ekiti Urged To Emulate Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aggrieved APC Members In Ondo, Ekiti Urged To Emulate Ambode (227 Views)

260 Aggrieved APC Members Beg Osinbajo To Accommodate Them / 2019: Aggrieved APC Aspirants Activate Plan B / 60 Aggrieved APC Reps Announce Plan To Leave Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aggrieved APC Members In Ondo, Ekiti Urged To Emulate Ambode by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
the All Progressives Congress’ National Peace and Reconciliation Committee on Monday held an interactive session with aggrieved party members in Ondo and Ekiti States.

The committee, led by the Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, urged party members who were aggrieved as a result of the recent primary elections to emulate people like the Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

According to a statement by the committee’s secretary, Isa Gusau, the session was held in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital.

Gusau quoted Shettima as advising aggrieved members to draw inspiration from party leaders who have made sacrifices under difficult situations.

He said, “Governor Akinwunmi Ambode is, for me, winner of Nigeria’s Politician of the Year award.
“From 1999 to date, I don’t think any Nigerian politician has demonstrated his level of courage in the way he has handled the outcome of the governorship primary in Lagos.

“He is a governor who has worked exceptionally but as I said, politics sometimes comes with unpredictable outcomes. Our courage in reacting to situations like Governor Ambode is what separates boys from men.

“I think anyone unhappy with the outcome of the APC primaries should draw inspiration from Governor Ambode.”

Shettima also cited the party’s national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, as “the first victim of the party’s compromises.”

He said at the point of picking President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate ahead of the 2015 elections, Tinubu had to “painfully compromise his interest for the overall interest of the party.”

The governor said the party would recommend to the party leadership ways to placate aggrieved members through “immediate windows or future opportunities.”

(1) (Reply)

PDP Demands Release Of Doyin Okupe, Accuses Buhari Presidency Of Witch-hunt / Now That The Governor Is Talking.. / Buhari’s Opponents Out To Loot Nigeria Again – Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.