Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Iwobi: Why I Snubbed Celtic In 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi: Why I Snubbed Celtic In 2012 (289 Views)

I Snubbed Super Eagles Because Of Man City – Nedum Onuoha Opens Up / Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iwobi: Why I Snubbed Celtic In 2012 by solbase10(m): 10:20am On Dec 12, 2018
Arsenal star Alex Iwobi has revealed he could have joined Scottish side, Celtic as a teenager in 2012 reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

The 22-year-old forward told Arsenal’s matchday programme he declined offers from the Scottish side to prove himself at the club.

“My situation was weird. There was three of us at the time and we were basically told ‘stay if you want, or if not you are free to go,” Iwobi told Arsenal’s matchday programme.

“It was up to me and at that moment I went to the Crystal Palace training ground to see them.”

“I had offers from Celtic and Southampton as well. Celtic was the main one but I wasn’t ready to go to Scotland. I thought it was best to stay at Arsenal but I have to say it felt weird.”

“I was playing for England but I felt maybe I wasn’t rated. My England team-mates and everyone else was getting in my ear saying that Arsenal don’t love me because they weren’t offering me a deal.”

Read More: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iwobi-why-i-snubbed-celtic-in-2012/

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal, Manchester City Two Crucial Test For Liverpool’s Title Race / Fund Your Betting Account With Airtime / Https://www.instagram.com/p/bsatwlel6sb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1lqgzv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.