Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Volvo’s Self-driving Trucks To Start Delivering Limestone To A Port 3 Miles Away - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo’s Self-driving Trucks To Start Delivering Limestone To A Port 3 Miles Away (775 Views)

Innoson Delivers Operational Trucks To FRSC (Photo) / Nigerians Saw A Self-Driving Car For The First Time & Mobbed The Car (Pic,Video) / Uber's Self-driving Trucks Are Now Delivering Cargoes In Arizona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Volvo’s Self-driving Trucks To Start Delivering Limestone To A Port 3 Miles Away by Automotive1(m): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4wLPfOz-c4?t=42

Volvo Trucks has signed a landmark agreement with Norwegian mine company Brønnøy Kalk to transport limestone from an open pit mine to a nearby port roughly 3 miles away.

The deal ,which will become fully operational by the end of 2019, involves limestone being transported by six self-driving Volvo FH trucks on a 5 kilometer stretch through tunnels between the mine itself and the crusher.

Rather than purchasing the autonomous trucks from Volvo , the mine company will be paying Volvo per tonne of limestone it delivered.

Brønnøy Kalk Managing Director Said:

"This is an important step for us"
“The competition in the industry is tough. We are continuously looking to increase our efficiency and productivity long-term, and we have a clear vision of taking advantage of new opportunities in technology and digital solutions. Going autonomous will greatly increase our competitiveness in a tough global market"

https://autojosh.com/volvos-self-driving-trucks-to-start-delivering-limestone-to-a-nearby-port-roughly-3-miles-away/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

(1) (Reply)

Alldata / 5 Car Leasing Errors To Avoid Now / Huawei Has Finally Sent Out Invites For Its MWC Event!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.