Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? (1908 Views)

Small Practice Projects In HTML And CSS For Web Design Students / Brand Developer Wanted For Web Interface Redesign / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by ozino4real(m): 3:46am On Apr 15, 2007
must one be a programmer before learning how to design a web site? I stand to be corrected
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2007
No, it is not, but the best websites are dynamic and that requires some programming.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by krs1(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2007
No. but having programming skills gives you the competitive edge.

These days, clients are more demanding: you will hear things like
1. i need a database for my site
2. i need my feedback form to send the feedback details straight to my yahoo mail inbox
3. i need user authentication on my site for private viewing
etc. etc etc

programming skills definitely gives you the competitive edge.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by smartsoft(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2007
You are right Kris most site are going dynamic
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by my2cents(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2007
This question reminds me of my days at unical - "This handout is necessary but not compulsory" grin

Just substitute "This handout" with "Programming" wink

That's my 2 cents anyways.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:22am On Jul 12, 2007
It's not necessary, however, understanding the object-oriented paradigm will be an invaluable asset.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by Albato(m): 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2007
You need not be a programming guru to design websites these days thanks to the OPEN SOURCE community and other DIY web designer programmes all over the internet. Am sure if you search very well you will see quite a lot of resources that can create a good website in minutes. BUT in order to be different, so your site will not look like everyother one on the net, you need a little programming skill. PHP and mysql is a good place to start. You can hardly see any good site these days that does not have elements of these two or both combined. Forums, for example, have already made programmes like SMF, Vbulletin etc which can allow you load and start, easily, in minutes. Have fun.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by BlackRevo: 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
I think for the good of your site and for yourself you need programming to build websites.
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by Nobody: 4:18am On Jul 17, 2007
Absolutely no but having programing skills is an added advantage
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by canachy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2007
You do not need to be a programmer to be a web designer. However, if you want to cross the line to become a web developer, Programming then comes in to play. I will advice, you go for PHP and MySQl (if you wish to be a web developer). Good Luck
Re: Is Programming A Prerequisite For Web Design? by niyyie(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
They've said it all. You don't need programming skills to design a website. You need web programming skills to be a web developer.

(1) (Reply)

Drupal Website Developer Needed / Nigerian Email Addresses Needed,drop Your Price And The Numbers Of Emails. / Web/wapmasters Does Anyone Know The Owner Of Naijapals.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.