Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,926 members, 7,852,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

2019 Election: ASUU Advises Politicians To Embrace Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: ASUU Advises Politicians To Embrace Peace (190 Views)

Accept 2023 Elections Outcome, Sultan Advises Politicians / Pastor Kumuyi Advises Politicians On Choice Of Running Mates / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: ASUU Advises Politicians To Embrace Peace by chieyine(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
@Naijapolitico

Dr Dele Ashiru, the Chairman Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Lagos chapter, on Wednesday, urged politicians contesting the 2019 elections to desist from any act that would cause chaos in a bid to win.

Naija Politico learnt Ashiru said that political office seekers should not jeopardise the nation’s peaceful coexistence and progression.

“Politicians should remember that they will not be able to govern a fractured polity.

“Campaigns toward the 2019 elections must be mature, peaceful and the goal should be to maintain Nigeria’s peaceful coexistence and socio-economic progression.

“I expect the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to be on the look-out for politicians that will want to destabilise Nigeria in pursuit of their political ambition,’’ he said.

According to him, Nigerian politicians ought to learn from history what violence-prone elections has done to some societies.

He said all hands must be on deck to ensure that the 2019 elections do not degenerate into disunity.

Ashiru also advised INEC to be stern on anybody that indulged in causing mayhem and negating the credibility of the polls.

He said that those culpable of breach of peace and other electoral criminality should be prosecuted.

“It is at times like this that we want the wives of politicians to press it on their husbands to be civil in their pursuit of political ambition,’’ he said.

Read more: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/2019-ASUU-advises-politicians-to-embrace-peace/
Re: 2019 Election: ASUU Advises Politicians To Embrace Peace by Holumhidey(m): 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2018
i no read the post but, wetin concern ASUU concern election...? dem no go think about organising strike or something..... dont quote me cos like i said; i did not read the post.....

(1) (Reply)

Assembly Invasions: Senators Threaten Security Agencies With 6 Months Jail Term / Human Rights Watch Calls On Buhari To End Impunity For Killing Of Shia / Applauding Gov. Ikpeazu's Economic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.