Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) (29545 Views)

BEDC Staff Electrocuted In Edo (Photos) / Two Men Electrocuted In Kaduna While Working On A Streetlight / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by pastie(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
unitysheart:
He survived. It happened close to my street last Saturday.
Hallelujah
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by hot1sauce(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
when is this shithole going to get its act together and f*cking develop FFS
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Dididrumz(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
lonelydora:

Get well soon or RIP incase you are dead.

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Sleezwizz: 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
This is an old news... this incident happened last week..

All this useless bloggers looking for traffic... sad
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2018
amaniro:
I don't know why I don't pity him

ooh I remember he's a NEPA official grin

There no one you ever pity. Police, army, NEPA, press and the rich are all your enemies. Do you ever work in your family? Lemme see you begin for money on this forum.

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by MCSK: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
Dis our job is all about safety. It's safety first!
I pray he survives it. May God take control. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by selfmadeboss: 2:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
and someone will expect him to go and thank god for sparing his life if he survives. he might even be one of those idiots that will be screaming, na god dey protect person. why will u go to high tension with power stillthere
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by mikejj(m): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
too bad
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by ikorodureporta: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2018
These ones naiem be sacrifice for their thieve ogas for office. My current bill almost reach 9k for inside this IKORODU Villa...
Na lightening go strike all of una
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Chuksfela1(m): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
What I see dere na 2 chicken no person
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by hot1sauce(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2018
selfmadeboss:
and someone will expect him to go and thank god for sparing his life if he survives. he might even be one of those idiots that will be screaming, na god dey protect person. why will u go to high tension with power stillthere
can u imagine? i'm sure the nepa ppl dont care about his well being, but u wont blame some of these ppl totally/ how many ppl in Nigeria generally whether its in a work on non -work setting factor safety and risk awareness into what they r doing. e.g okada riders, danfo etc the most reckless drivers on the face of the planet.... then when it comes to working in enviroments like this with all manner of hazards, is the electricity voltage the only concern, what of sharp objects that could be possibly around, broken glass erected upon house structures and fences, unguarded nails, loose stone from pavement gutters discarded on the road- ppl need to change their mentality and stop adopting this" i dont pray that prayer for bad thing to happen to me" - after all prevention is better than cure and heavan help thse who help themselves

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by cyberhike(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
I learnt the guy passed on yesterday. too bad.. I hope the appropriate authorities will see to it that his family is duely compensated

1 Like

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Eponyeeboz: 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2018
amaniro:

Do you know how people like you end up?

Your fate may be worse than his.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by cyberhike(m): 3:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
unitysheart:

I heard from a reliable source that the guy later passed on yesterday..
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by EbolaParasite: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2018
lonelydora:
Get well soon or RIP incase you are dead.

Nigerian workers are the most senseless set of people with 'na so i dey do am before' mentality.

They flaunt so many Safety rules while working. Wasn't he suppose to isolate that line at the transformer? Wasn't he suppose to LOTO the transformer area?

Well, Nigerians like to learn the hard way
Actually they do practice proper Lock out tag out in most cases. The problem is verification of isolation. The connections are made up in such a crazy manner that the only way to fully isolate the power source is probably to shut down the thermal station as well. You'd be surprised that someone else might have made an illegal connection elsewhere that prevented the line from being completely isolated. These guys work a very dangerous job and i feel sad for their families.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by mfm04622: 3:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
BiGVEEN58:
So, both the OP and the Mod that pushed this to front page don’t know the meaning of Electrocuted?

Electrocution mean injury or death by electric shock! So the Op is correct!
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Baroba(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
Zoo, no emergency services....God bless ordinary Nigerians working under difficult circumstances.. hope he survives..
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Offpoint: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
unitysheart:
Did he die after he survived?
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by seunlaww(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2018
stephenduru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tanA_uK8F0

A PHCN official nearly lost his life while trying to fix a wire on a high tension in Ijegun,Ikotun road at Baba Legba bus top.It took the intervention of others to bring him now.Whether he survives or not afterwards is unclear.

Watch video on the link above and see photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/12/see-what-happened-to-phcn-official-in.html

He later gave up yesterday. May his soul rest in peace. He's a good man, jovial and a very capable professional.
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2018
stephenduru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tanA_uK8F0

A PHCN official nearly lost his life while trying to fix a wire on a high tension in Ijegun,Ikotun road at Baba Legba bus top.It took the intervention of others to bring him now.Whether he survives or not afterwards is unclear.

Watch video on the link above and see photos below

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2018/12/see-what-happened-to-phcn-official-in.html
Modified
That look like low tension cable .I see no reason why that electricity staff should be electrocuted. A reasonable person should be on his safety gadgets
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by toprealman: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
So why say he lost his life Are you OK?
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by BiGVEEN58(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
mfm04622:

Electrocution mean injury or death by electric shock! So the Op is correct!

Correct! I just confirmed it now.
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by unitysheart(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2018
Diso60090:

So na your area be like where buhari dey store cows after you go dey form phase1 licki

Mumu, you think every one likes living fake life? Akudunu omo
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by unitysheart(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
seunlaww:

He later gave up yesterday. May his soul rest in peace. He's a good man, jovial and a very capable professional.

Eyah. Sorry to hear that and thanks for the update.
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
Stupid Nigerians will gather and be making hell of a noise. They cannot watch with calm while rescue operation is going on. As if its their noise that will salvage the situation.

Who do we offend sef in this country?
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
hot1sauce:
can u imagine? i'm sure the nepa ppl dont care about his well being, but u wont blame some of these ppl totally/ how many ppl in Nigeria generally whether its in a work on non -work setting factor safety and risk awareness into what they r doing. e.g okada riders, danfo etc the most reckless drivers on the face of the planet.... then when it comes to working in enviroments like this with all manner of hazards, is the electricity voltage the only concern, what of sharp objects that could be possibly around, broken glass erected upon house structures and fences, unguarded nails, loose stone from pavement gutters discarded on the road- ppl need to change their mentality and stop adopting this" i dont pray that prayer for bad thing to happen to me" - after all prevention is better than cure and heavan help thse who help themselves

Truth is, we still have to Blame somebody. I don't blame the poor guy tho. May his soul rest in peace. "I BLAME BUHARI". He can cascade this down to Fashola...his puppet.
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by lonelydora: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
EbolaParasite:

Actually they do practice proper Lock out tag out in most cases. The problem is verification of isolation. The connections are made up in such a crazy manner that the only way to fully isolate the power source is probably to shut down the thermal station as well. You'd be surprised that someone else might have made an illegal connection elsewhere that prevented the line from being completely isolated. These guys work a very dangerous job and i feel sad for their families.

Well said
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Eryyy: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
D man is dead already..someone posted it on whatsapp..RIP to him..
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by atobs4real(m): 5:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
amaniro:

Same to you
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by menshowng(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
Righteousness89:
Hmmmmmmm.... I Am Speechless...

I wonder If these companies Offer their staffs a Comprehensive Insurance policy for this Hazardous job!!

The difference between life and death is a Click!

LORD HAVE MERCY
No b for 9ja oooo d guy leg don go i cud see d bones ewwwwwww
Re: Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) by Nduxx(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2018
amaniro:

He's just doing his job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

17 Funny Facts About Engineers: [MUST READ] / Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike / Thinking Of Working In The Bank? My 25 Years Of Experience Will Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.