|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,211,519 members, 4,827,701 topics. Date: Friday, 22 March 2019 at 03:13 AM
President Buhari Vows To Reverse “Terrible Mismanagement” Of Nigeria / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / The Ptf Audit Report Apc Will Not Want You To See (2) (3) (4)
|The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by Born2Breed(f): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2018|
SUMMARY OF REPORT OF THE PETROLEUM (SPECIAL) TRUST FUND (PTF) INTERIM MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE, INSTITUTED ON JULY 7, 1999.
– The report revealed that the Committee advised President Obasanjo to “Set up a high powered judicial panel to recover the huge public fund and to take necessary action against any officer, consultant or contractor whose negligence resulted in this colossal loss of public funds.”
– The report disclosed that the sum of N25, 758, 532, 448 was mismanaged by the company contracted by the PTF as management and project consultant when Buhari was the chairman.
– It revealed that Buhari delegated to the Afri-Project Consortium the power of Engineer in all appropriate project requiring such power, which made them assume absolute powers to initiate, approve and execute all projects by the PTF.
– The mismanagement of funds under Buhari’s Chairmanship of the PTF was carried out by the APC (the company) in their capacity as management and project consultants. It said both their management services fee and budget for various projects executed during the existence of the PTF were greatly overpriced.
– The Committee made up of Dr. Harouna Adam as Chairman, and Alhaji Abdu Abdurrahim, Mr Achana Gaius Yaro, Edward Eguavoen, Mr. T. Andrew Adegboro and Mr. Baba Goni Machina as members, while carrying out its obligations, engaged three management consulting firms to verify all payments made to PTF from inception to September 30, 1999.
– The Committee during verification discovered that the consulting firms had overcharged PTF for their services to the tune of N2, 057, 550, 062. Also, while intervening on behalf of the PTF in the road and waterways, education, food, health, and other sectors, the company, according to the report, inflated all the prices, for example intervention in the health sector was said to have amounted to N9 billion in total, and projects in this sector were said to have been executed by the APC and PTF in-house staff, where loss of billions of naira were recorded due to price inflation of products and services.
– The committee also discovered that the APC (Company) bought spectacle frames, which could have been done locally at a price between N80 to N880, under the watch of Buhari, at an inflated price of N1, 900 each. Ambulances were said to have been purchased at N13 million per unit, instead of N3 million. And then price inflation of drugs were done to the tune of N1.5 billion.
– The report further revealed that the PTF lost money to the tune of N3.5 billion from its bank account operations and that PTF operated its bank accounts under three different categories: Administration, Project and Treasury accounts, and the loss of money to these accounts were said to have been due to “overcharge on Cost of Turnover (CoT), non-payment of interest on current account balances as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), short payment of interest on deposited funds, and other various discrepancies.”
– The Committee also discovered that an average income of N182 billion accrued to the PTF from its inception to the date of filing their report. The Committee’s report showed that the PTF used about 70 per cent of that income on highways and urban road projects.
– In the project there was a total variation of contract sums of N68 billion. These variations were not done with properly priced bills of quantities and approved service contracts procedure as stipulated by government regulations. Taking the experience of what has been discovered after verification of various contracts awarded by PTF the minimum potential recovery will be about 15%. This estimated percentage will be about N10 billion.
– The verification of this project sector was about to take off when the committee members were replaced, the report stated.
The report was however neither made public nor was it acted upon by the then President Olusegun Obasanjo.
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by docadams: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2018|
Op, you are a child of tomorrow so your ignorance and daftness can be forgiven.
Let's help your daft ministry:
I found nothing after probing Buhari’s PTF – Obasanjo
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by selectedhero(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2018|
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by Righteousness89: 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2018|
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by docadams: 11:24pm On Dec 12, 2018|
Smallie with akamu for brain quoting a fake IPOB publication. It was FFK that was wailing his life away which the IPOB fake news outlet attributed directly to OBJ
Fani Kayode reveals Obasanjo's greatest mistake on Buhari - Daily Post Nigeria
Below is what OBJ said himself as carried by credible sources
PTF Probe Report: Obasanjo’s Vindication Of Buhari Wrong
Buhari was not indicted over PTF — Obasanjo
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by Righteousness89: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2018|
why did Buhari refuse to honor a constituted panel led by Justice Oputa, the facts were against him thats why he couldn’t honor it…tell me why he imprisoned these journalist Nduka Irabor, Tunde Thompson, for publishing the truth?
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by docadams: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2018|
I can understand yourental incapacitation.
|Re: The Mismanagement Of Funds Under Buhari’s Chairmanship Of The PTF by Righteousness89: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2018|
I pray for u , may u not be Incapacitated!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90