Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China (4910 Views)

Apple Reports Worldwide Drop In Iphone Sales / Apple Iphone Sales Tumble, Trimming Profit / Nokia 7 Plus Sells Out In 5 Minutes In China - GSM Arena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Techcribsblog(m): 1:40am On Dec 13, 2018
US chip-maker Qualcomm claims it has won an injunction against Apple that effectively bans the import and sale of a number of iPhone models, ranging from the iPhone 6S to the iPhone X.
The preliminary order, issued by a Chinese court, is the latest in step a continuing feud between the two tech giants over intellectual property.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8311556_images9_jpeg_jpegfdb2ae2272d49a281724a44126e0a27d

However, Apple says all of its iPhone models remain on sale in the country.

The disputed patents relate to software rather than hardware.

The injunction affects devices running older versions of Apple’s iOS operating system and not those running the latest version, iOS 12.

The court found Apple had violated two of Qualcomm’s patents – one regarding photograph resizing and the other related to how apps are managed on a touch screen.www.nairaland.com/attachments/8311557_applefinallyreleasesitsfirstofficialcasefortheiphonexr_jpeg008d9f71590fc02189486d8358676bc5

“Apple continues to benefit from our intellectual property while refusing to compensate us,” said Don Rosenberg, general counsel of Qualcomm.

However, Apple responded that the attempted ban was “another desperate move by a company whose illegal practices are under investigation by regulators around the world”.

Source>> http://techcribs.com.ng/apple-denies-iphone-sales-ban-in-china/

2 Likes

Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by BruncleZuma: 7:16am On Dec 13, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Unfortunately with the precedents and the antics of the Chinese judicial system, I am more inclined to believe Qualcomm.
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by CarGuidNG: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2018
Until these two tech giants settle their differences they'll continue to throw punches. Nobody wins, especially not consumers.
We provide customized VIN Checks and reports for car buyers, dealers and owners to ensure you don't end up with a vehicle with dangerous and hidden damage history
Signature
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by frankmoney(m): 7:17am On Dec 13, 2018
China has to be the one to do the denial not apple
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2018
Sweet sweet Apple would surely be missed in China.
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by bettercreature(m): 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
Ban or no ban! It’s now a crime to buy any apple product in China.The trade war is real
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by marvin906(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2018
Until china denies it before I believe

Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Topmaike007(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2018
i know this useless apple will deny it...stupid company
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Omololu001: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2018
Make Apple no go against Chinese law o, with what is happening to huawaei in the USA dey might wanna retaliate o
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by wink2015(m): 8:14am On Dec 13, 2018
Techcribsblog:
US chip-maker Qualcomm claims it has won an injunction against Apple that effectively bans the import and sale of a number of iPhone models, ranging from the iPhone 6S to the iPhone X.
The preliminary order, issued by a Chinese court, is the latest in step a continuing feud between the two tech giants over intellectual property.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8311556_images9_jpeg_jpegfdb2ae2272d49a281724a44126e0a27d

However, Apple says all of its iPhone models remain on sale in the country.

The disputed patents relate to software rather than hardware.

The injunction affects devices running older versions of Apple’s iOS operating system and not those running the latest version, iOS 12.

The court found Apple had violated two of Qualcomm’s patents – one regarding photograph resizing and the other related to how apps are managed on a touch screen.www.nairaland.com/attachments/8311557_applefinallyreleasesitsfirstofficialcasefortheiphonexr_jpeg008d9f71590fc02189486d8358676bc5

“Apple continues to benefit from our intellectual property while refusing to compensate us,” said Don Rosenberg, general counsel of Qualcomm.

However, Apple responded that the attempted ban was “another desperate move by a company whose illegal practices are under investigation by regulators around the world”.

Source>> http://techcribs.com.ng/apple-denies-iphone-sales-ban-in-china/

Iphone seems to be the world most expensive phone.
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 13, 2018
USA is great again. China are afraid of trumposm
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by globalresource: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2018
Trump my guy. If you know you know cool
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Pamtoye(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2018
Me that am jejely enjoying d trade war since my country is not producing any electronic device.. In fact in general.. My continent just started producing fictional phones .. ..all we do is buy from d countries involved in d trade war...

Don't ask me for my continent name ooo!!!!
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by dreamwords: 10:07am On Dec 13, 2018
I stopped using iPhone when they started copying android design
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Nuzo1(m): 11:26am On Dec 13, 2018
As much as anything is possible, I doubt if the ban would be sustainable in China.

Most Chinese can do anything for an Apple product. You need to have been to China to know this.

A more vicious black market on Apple products will spring up.
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by Ijaya123: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2018
I see a lot of comments here fueled by bad belle from those who cannot even afford a iphone.

Jealousy is all I see.
Re: Apple Denies Iphone Sales Ban In China by emmabest2000(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
I talkam before nao

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Wireless LES Airpods @15k. Free Delivery / 5g Is Here For You Photos / NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.