Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,369 members, 7,957,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China (2725 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 6:41am On Dec 13, 2018
Good Day NLDers, I saw an earlier thread created by a nairalander over his 4 months experience staying in Shenyang, Liaoning Province. China. I know most of Nigerians are really desperate to leave the country, Its true that tuition fees of Chinese schools are cheaper and getting admission is easy. I will give everyone a very important advise before considering schooling in China as a self sponsored student.

1) It is illegal for all International students to work in China, people do work true but the fact its that there are 2 major jobs for foreigners in China which is English Teaching and Working in entertainment industry i.e in Clubs as Hypeman, bouncers etc which are still illegal. If you are caught working as an English teacher on student visa, the first time, you will be fined 10,000 rmb while ur hustle is at most 200rmb per hour. If you are caught the second time you will be expelled from your program and deported to your country. Also note, its hell of a task to get teaching job as a black African in China because they are racist and only want white teachers to teach their children.

2) We all here stories about Nigerians been arrested in China for drug peddling and how does it starts, most Nigerians resort to going to clubs after finding it difficult to get a job, that is where they meet drug cartel that tell them to peddle drug because it the only way to survive since they cant get a job. The implication is that once you are caught peddling drug in China, the maximum sentence it comes with is Death Sentence, many Nigerians are on death row in China but you wouldnt know because Chinese hardly report exxecution in the media, China has the highest execution rate in the world, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia only report execution to scare off drug dealers. China execute more but wouldnt report it. The moment Chinese police arrest a drug suspect nobody knows their whereabouts except for the individual and God.

I stayed in Beijing, China on Chinese government scholarship that comes with monthly allowance which makes survival easy for me, Beijing is more expensive been the capital. My advise is, if you dont have someone to sponsor you that will be giving you steady monthly stipends dont consider studying in China, rather use the money to seek admission in a country where you can work and study legally. If not you might end up regretting, in addition, the highest number of self sponsored Nigerian students in China are in Shenyang, but a month doesnt pass without news of a Nigerian student arrested/caught involving themselves in one vices or the other. Other hot red flag zones for Nigerians in China are Guangzhou etc but if after all that is said above, you think you can survive without steady and guaranteed source of monthly stipend from home or elsewhere. I wish you goodluck
Note: I'm not discouraging people to study in China but stating the actual situations behind the glamour and glitters of beautiful city and infrastructures China has to offer. Getting a job and source of livelihood is important anywhere in the world. Thanks
I will be attaching some pictures to back up my claim

9 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by Deapexboy(m): 6:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Them go hear?
Everybody has made Buhari their author and finisher of their problems

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by hopeforcharles(m): 7:07am On Dec 13, 2018
Facts on ground from an experienced individual
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by Mizwisdom(f): 8:29am On Dec 13, 2018
Justwise
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by stagger: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2018
Good job OP. However, China is revisiting the student work permit issue.
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by NONNYG: 5:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Justwise

4 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by Hadampson(m): 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Justwise
Why are you calling him undecided

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by oskaroni(m): 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
U don yarn well, unfortunately for some stubborn folks dem go still go, after all seeing is believing grin grin grin
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by DookShop: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
lawnreigh:
Good Day NLDers, I saw an earlier thread created by a nairalander over his 4 months experience staying in Shenyang, Liaoning Province. China. I know most of Nigerians are really desperate to leave the country, Its true that tuition fees of Chinese schools are cheaper and getting admission is easy. I will give everyone a very important advise before considering schooling in China as a self sponsored student.

1) It is illegal for all International students to work in China, people do work true but the fact its that there are 2 major jobs for foreigners in China which is English Teaching and Working in entertainment industry i.e in Clubs as Hypeman, bouncers etc which are still illegal. If you are caught working as an English teacher on student visa, the first time, you will be fined 10,000 rmb while ur hustle is at most 200rmb per hour. If you are caught the second time you will be expelled from your program and deported to your country. Also note, its hell of a task to get teaching job as a black African in China because they are racist and only want white teachers to teach their children.

2) We all here stories about Nigerians been arrested in China for drug peddling and how does it starts, most Nigerians resort to going to clubs after finding it difficult to get a job, that is where they meet drug cartel that tell them to peddle drug because it the only way to survive since they cant get a job. The implication is that once you are caught peddling drug in China, the maximum sentence it comes with is Death Sentence, many Nigerians are on death row in China but you wouldnt know because Chinese hardly report exxecution in the media, China has the highest execution rate in the world, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia only report execution to scare off drug dealers. China execute more but wouldnt report it. The moment Chinese police arrest a drug suspect nobody knows their whereabouts except for the individual and God.

I stayed in Beijing, China on Chinese government scholarship that comes with monthly allowance which makes survival easy for me, Beijing is more expensive been the capital. My advise is, if you dont have someone to sponsor you that will be giving you steady monthly stipends dont consider studying in China, rather use the money to seek admission in a country where you can work and study legally. If not you might end up regretting, in addition, the highest number of self sponsored Nigerian students in China are in Shenyang, but a month doesnt pass without news of a Nigerian student arrested/caught involving themselves in one vices or the other. Other hot red flag zones for Nigerians in China are Guangzhou etc but if after all that is said above, you think you can survive without steady and guaranteed source of monthly stipend from home or elsewhere. I wish you goodluck
Note: I'm not discouraging people to study in China but stating the actual situations behind the glamour and glitters of beautiful city and infrastructures China has to offer. Getting a job and source of livelihood is important anywhere in the world. Thanks

Bro, I need your help. Can I pm you?
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
DookShop:

Bro, I need your help. Can I pm you?
ok you can p.m me
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by DookShop: 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
lawnreigh:
ok you can p.m me

You'll have to follow me for me to send you a mail. I follow you already. Thanks.
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 7:21am On Dec 30, 2018
DookShop:

You'll have to follow me for me to send you a mail. I follow you already. Thanks.
I already follow you and sent u message already
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by BedLam: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2018
The fact that they want white people to teach their kids doesn't in anyway relate to being a racist! Little thing y'all start calling people racists.
Let's talk! Would you prefer a Chinese to teach your kids Chinese or you'd prefer a Ghanaian?

First of all, English is not your language, as an African!
Your accent isn't a first when considering being an English teacher.

Lastly, coming from Africa, your education is rubbish and no one wants to risk that. That's the fact!
They consider all of these things.
This is the same reason Africans write English test but Canadians and Australians don't!

It's not racism, sorry!

5 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by DookShop: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2018
lawnreigh:
I already follow you and sent u message already

Replied you.
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 8:15am On Jan 01, 2019
BedLam:
The fact that they want white people to teach their kids doesn't in anyway relate to being a racist! Little thing y'all start calling people racists.
Let's talk! Would you prefer a Chinese to teach your kids Chinese or you'd prefer a Ghanaian?

First of all, English is not your language, as an African!
Your accent isn't a first when considering being an English teacher.

Lastly, coming from Africa, your education is rubbish and no one wants to risk that. That's the fact!
They consider all of these things.
This is the same reason Africans write English test but Canadians and Australians don't!

It's not racism, sorry!
Its the same poverty and low self esteem Which Africans have that is a affecting your folks, a Kazakstan citizen that learnt English 5yrs ago is better than a Native African speaker that has been speaking English all of his life? Alot of Eastern European non native speakers like Ukraine, Belarus etc get English teacher job while an African that has been speaking all of their life can't. Do you know in some languages like French there is no native, non Native speaker dichotomy. Moreover, on the issue of accent every region has a unique accent but it doesn't make them non speakers of the language. Is American, British, Irish, Australian accents the same? Why is there no dichotomy or basis for preferences due to accent. I know people like you, you tend to speak truth when It favours you or maybe you haven't left Nigeria and experience racism first hand. I'm speak multiple languages and I have lived and interacted with people from all races. Racism is real and alive, It only comes in different forms boy

7 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by BedLam: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2019
lawnreigh:
Its the same poverty and low self esteem Which Africans have that is a affecting your folks, a Kazakstan citizen that learnt English 5yrs ago is better than a Native African speaker that has been speaking English all of his life? Alot of Eastern European non native speakers like Ukraine, Belarus etc get English teacher job while an African that has been speaking all of their life can't. Do you know in some languages like French there is no native, non Native speaker dichotomy. Moreover, on the issue of accent every region has a unique accent but it doesn't make them non speakers of the language. Is American, British, Irish, Australian accents the same? Why is there no dichotomy or basis for preferences due to accent. I know people like you, you tend to speak truth when It favours you or maybe you haven't left Nigeria and experience racism first hand. I'm speak multiple languages and I have lived and interacted with people from all races. Racism is real and alive, It only comes in different forms boy
Can you compare your education with that of Ukraine or the Kazakhstan you mentioned ? I didn't deny there's racism, of course there will always be. Even the Japs and Chinese don't like themselves much. So WTF?
I gave several instances why Africans are rated low, still the same reason Africa was called a sh!thole!
Of course you know you are better than any Eastern European that started 5 years ago but this is not the case with them, go and figure out why they think like this if you don't already know the answer.
Even when the Chinese produce almost every electronic ware, people still call them fake and no one ever called Germany , British fake. But we all know the truth right ?
That's how it works.
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by Lifeis247: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2019
Chinese are racist o...!
I was @ Hangzhou for about three months and experienced it first hand at Hotel lifts, restaurants, Shopping malls.

It was actually very funny to me seeing them acting all superior �, and I laughed through it all.

While some others are quick to want a pix with a black guy.

What the OP said about Teaching and club gigs are pure facts.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2019
BedLam:
Can you compare your education with that of Ukraine or the Kazakhstan you mentioned ? I didn't deny there's racism, of course there will always be. Even the Japs and Chinese don't like themselves much. So WTF?
I gave several instances why Africans are rated low, still the same reason Africa was called a sh!thole!
Of course you know you are better than any Eastern European that started 5 years ago but this is not the case with them, go and figure out why they think like this if you don't already know the answer.
Even when the Chinese produce almost every electronic ware, people still call them fake and no one ever called Germany , British fake. But we all know the truth right ?
That's how it works.
Its all Stereotypes and nothing more, I've been classmates with Europeans, Americans and Asians, they aren't anyway better, only that they have a working system and good government. The Asians(China,Korea, Japan) have it when it comes to I.Q and cognitive abilities but those white folks aren't in anyway better, as matter of fact the people with poorest results in my class are from Eastern Europe and caucasians too

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by BedLam: 10:09am On Jan 02, 2019
lawnreigh:
Its all Stereotypes and nothing more, I've been classmates with Europeans, Americans and Asians, they aren't anyway better, only that they have a working system and good government. The Asians(China,Korea, Japan) have it when it comes to I.Q and cognitive abilities but those white folks aren't in anyway better, as matter of fact the people with poorest results in my class are from Eastern Europe and caucasians too
stereotypes always have a root cause. Overall, our education isn't up to par, this is what is considered. Oh and the fact that the system is shitty so you don't blame anyone but it's nowhere near racism as Africa hasn't been able to prove itself to the world.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by grammarian247(m): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2021
lawnreigh:

Bro, I need your assistance, I have just followed you

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by lawnreigh(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
grammarian247:

Bro, I need your assistance, I have just followed you

You can go ahead and ask me
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by eniola1010(m): 7:03am On Jun 15, 2021
lawnreigh:

You can go ahead and ask me

hello brother lawnreigh, i need your help too how can I reach you
Re: Counter Thread About A Nairalander 4 Months Experience In China by Moss911: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good day bro,
I just followed you.. I need to clarify some information from you, please 🙏🏽
lawnreigh:

(1) (Reply)

Ancestry Visa To The Uk / Ghana Vs Nigeria,compare And Contrast / Visiting Araromi Beach In Valentine Period.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.