Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS (37898 Views)

Abaribe, Others Lose N300m Bail Bond As FG Rearrests Kanu / Jonathan Reacts To Allegations Of N300M Bribe From APC To Support David Lyon / School Feeding Women Sat Overnight For APC Rally In Mapo, Ibadan. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Demancee: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2018
It's a welcome development
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by AleAirHub(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2018
Jesu shocked shocked shocked
Really.
Too bad
helinues:
Misplaced priority. Where is the electricity to power the CCTV?
My phone was stolen at an international airport in Africa, when I asked for review of the CCTV, they told me they forgot to put it on. Airport for that matter oo
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by poyet(m): 8:39am On Dec 14, 2018
kolnel:
lol
Talking about putting the cart before the horse

Where’s the electricity to power the the cctv, even there’s no database for citizens
You just wrote what I wanted to write. How would the cctvs be powered? We are not yet serious to do anything.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2018
ehinmowo:

Power remains cardinal in all these things. Solar power is useless in Nigeria and shorlived. Drive around Ikorodu road in Lagos and see the state of the so called solar powered CCTVs. They are all waste. It's a clear case of putting the cart b4 the horse. Go back there in the next two years and see.

That's clearly a maintenance issue, which was why I highlighted the need for monitoring and maintenance in my post. If the solar systems or cameras are worn out, they need to be fixed or replaced. Countries where these things work, they monitor their infrastructures round the clock, but here, the government just awards contracts without maintenance structures.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Kupiejodaniels: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2018
Yeye development I must say, u guys saying good development like you guys don't live here, the truth is they just do it for the applaud and in few months nothing will be heard about it. Make them build company make them build manufacturing company, employ both graduates and none graduates crime go reduce. Do you guys think it's easy to steal?, u still think it's easy to do yahoo?, no yahoo now its ritual. Create job crime will reduce if na for crime sake
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by PLATO1U(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2018
Although, it is a good development. Just like the green/clean project in Iwo road. It can't survive test of time. A
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2018
shugabasbn:
300mill CCTV for 10 crime prones area or 10 CCTV for 300mill? Anyway his own is far better than Jonathan billions Abuja CCTV, if u know u know and for security I think Ajimobi is really trying
Lol, I thought that 300m I saw was 300meter.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by helinues: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2018
majamajic:

name the country in particular !!!

There is no need. West Africa country sha.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Preye1599(m): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2018
And then bayelsa govt approved 3billion for cctv like 2years ago and we have not even seen one pole, even traffic lights didn't last 2months, please share let world know our governor wants to take over from the devil
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by booblacain(m): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2018
shugabasbn:
300mill CCTV for 10 crime prones area or 10 CCTV for 300mill? Anyway his own is far better than Jonathan billions Abuja CCTV, if u know u know and for security I think Ajimobi is really trying

So you excuse his own corruption because someone else did it worse?

"This man rapped a 9 year old child also, but he did it better because he used condom, unlike the other man". Pathetic.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2018
ehinmowo:

Power remains cardinal in all these things. Solar power is useless in Nigeria and shorlived. Drive around Ikorodu road in Lagos and see the state of the so called solar powered CCTVs. They are all waste. It's a clear case of putting the cart b4 the horse. Go back there in the next two years and see.
How can u come n say solar power is unless in Nigeria, is like saying the sun is unless in Nigeria, the issue is not solar power but lack of maintenance. The picture below is Dubai solar park in the middle of a desert, I don't see whats stopping Nigeria govt from building something like this in zaria.

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by princejenks(m): 8:49am On Dec 14, 2018
hope they'll not be vandalized like they did to the ones installed in abuja some few years back? Not a bad idea though

1 Like

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 14, 2018
kolnel:
lol

Where’s the electricity to power the the cctv, even there’s no database for citizens
Hahahahahahahahhaha
NIGERIA is really Finished.
Come back 2 months later to inspect that PROJECT
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by fyneguy: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2018
kolnel:
lol

A typical example of a post from an uninformed poster. There are solar-powered cams.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Smooyis(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2018
Philinho:
To capture the brown roof?Lol....I'm sorry ooo
Ok the only thing you see there ba. I wish you can open your second eye to see more shocked shocked shocked
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 14, 2018
pawesome:
First things first,we have to start by putting everyone on a data base first before you commence with CCTV because if someone is to commit a crime and he is been seen on CCTV, how will you catch him if you cannot have his data?
Am still surprise Nigeria don't have database, with bvn, nin, driving license, I thought by now we would have something of such.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Quorax: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

The electricity that powered the system in the pictures came from where? From the MOON.

Do you really think the folks involved did not do their research or factor in the power situation before setting up the system?

You think you are smart and know more than other people, I bet given the opportunity to do something, you will not do anything to protect your people and instead sit on your hands for decades until you have stable electricity before you lift a finger.

I keep saying, Nigerian youths are not ready to govern because they think very backward, they have a can't do spirit, they are totally in a state of apathy and mental stagnation.

I was going to waka pass until I saw your comment and to cap it all, you had to insult the youth. Now here is the thing you do not know, Setting up that rubbish does not cost even 50Million.. I can get the shit done for far less but as usual, someone has smiled to the bank and being in same wavelength as the thinker, I would commend them for taking advantage of the opportunity.

The developed countries didn't start such project until they had necessary and most important things in place...

That nonsense will be abandoned after this tenure and you are insulting the youth..., you even claim we think backward... i dont blame you.

What is the major purpose of setting up such project? where will it be in 50 years? ABANDONED ? Like I said, I do not blame you...
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by fyneguy: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2018
general1970:

He did solar to power it but he’s putting the cart before the horse cos the citizens can’t even afford to get basic amenities like good road, water and health care, their hospitals are the worst ever.

Security comes first, man!

Please be enlightened.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Whazar(m): 8:59am On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

The electricity that powered the system in the pictures came from where? From the MOON.

Do you really think the folks involved did not do their research or factor in the power situation before setting up the system?

You think you are smart and know more than other people, I bet given the opportunity to do something, you will not do anything to protect your people and instead sit on your hands for decades until you have stable electricity before you lift a finger.

I keep saying, Nigerian youths are not ready to govern because they think very backward, they have a can't do spirit, they are totally in a state of apathy and mental stagnation.

this is why u are an ass licker so for your mind this is good policy lol.
1 No data base of citizens so this is actually useless
2 the budget is too inflated common that shit could be done with less than 100million ( just 10 cctv)
3 trust me these CCTV will be forgotten and rotten before he even leave office lol

Wake up nah Naija u dey, old fool wey no wan let the youth too take over
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Ayobami7(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2018
Cool
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Smooyis(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2018
germanized:

Of course, that is the usual trend with government projects in Nigeria. It's even more than 200%. But as long as they're still doing reasonable projects, people's lives will still move forward. Such a shame that there's so much corruption, but we have to be hopeful. sad

Exactly. God will deliver us as we come out of our ignorant and foolish shell shocked shocked
shocked

1 Like

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Niyinficient(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2018
kolnel:
lol

Are you saying the state govt cant afford a generator to power such good development? even Lagos run streetlights on gen, not to talk of a cctv control room....Be more positive about this country at times pls.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2018
Smooyis:

Exactly. God will deliver us as we come out of our ignorant and foolish shell shocked shocked
shocked

Amen bro.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Zaikon(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2018
deomelo:

You know our problem is we read to reply and not to understand. My bro. I bet u that guy can't do little about it if given the opportunity.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Vabasi(m): 9:07am On Dec 14, 2018
This is a welcome development. We need this in every city in Nigeria.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by loganx: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2018
Lagos state government under Fashola initiated similar project, GEJ stopped the project stating it's on the exclusive list of federal government. billions were later allocated to kick state the project by GEJ, no single CCTV was installed.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by SuperS1Panther: 9:09am On Dec 14, 2018
Please where is Jonathan's CCTV in Lagos and Abuja?

Where is Jonathan's imported stoves for rural dwellers?

Some mad people will still still drunk is their hero when he is reeking of corruption.
Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by Philinho(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2018
Smooyis:

Ok the only thing you see there ba. I wish you can open your second eye to see more shocked shocked shocked
But i said sorry na.....

1 Like

Re: Oyo Installs N300m CCTV Cameras Across Ibadan. PICS by deomelo: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2018
charliboy654:

How can u come n say solar power is unless in Nigeria, is like saying the sun is unless in Nigeria, the issue is not solar power but lack of maintenance. The picture below is Dubai solar park in the middle of a desert, I don't see whats stopping Nigeria govt from building something like this in zaria.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/energy/392315-dubais-38bn-solar-park-continues-to-break-world-records

1. The solar project in Dubai you are talking about is a 700 MW project with a $3.8 billion price tag.

2. Nigeria is constructing the 3050MW Mambila dam project for $5 billion, that's 4 X more MWs than what they are doing in Dubai

If you are going to be critical and negative about your own country, find better and valid views to do it with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari With Yahaya Bello In London (Photo) / Kidnapped Professor, Adiele, Regains Freedom (See How He Was Abducted) / "Go To Court": Rowdiness As Yari, Akpabio Slug It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.