Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims (7702 Views)

Hajj 2024: Nigeria Gets 95,000 Quota - NAHCON / Plane Conveying Pilgrims Crash Lands In Niger State / Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by misterh(m): 8:07am On Dec 14, 2018
Ekpeitut:
Lubbish...
When I eventually become Nigeria's president. I'll scrap this hajj and Jerusalem pilgrim trips. You can't be spending state funds for religious indulgences. This should be a personal affair. angry

You know that not all the pilgrims are sponsored by the government, right? Majority of the pilgrims go with their own money.

But you're right, I don't think the government should involve itself with sponsoring pilgrims.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by misterh(m): 8:11am On Dec 14, 2018
DedeNkem:
Nigeria is a secular nation and should neither engage in or favor any particular religion!
Northerners are doing everything to make Nigeria Islamic and it won't work!
I hope you know that each country has their quota of pilgrims who can participate in the annual pilgrimage. It's a way the Saudi Arabia govt plans to accommodate and plan adequately for the millions who attend.

This has nothing with your claim about Northerners doing everything to make Nigeria Islamic.
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by Caseless: 8:16am On Dec 14, 2018
post=73827217:
Safe trip in advance to all our Muslims brothers and sisters.
May the Almighty Allah grant the request of your hearts.

Cc Caseless.
ameen,bro. Thank you very much!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by mrkia(m): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2018
ct2:
the wise will continue to take advantage of the foolish

95000 x -----------naira
you won't understand..
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by gentleibraheem(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that one boost the tourism industry within the country while the other improves tourism industry outside the country.

If you know, you know.

This one is a daft punk
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by buJu234: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that one boost the tourism industry within the country while the other improves tourism industry outside the country.

If you know, you know.

T.B Joshua Synagogue church is currently one of the highest generator of foreign income in the Tourism industry in Nigeria, why cant the sultan of sokoto do same with the big ancient mosque in Sokoto state?
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by NotBeenPaid: 10:06am On Dec 14, 2018
buJu234:

T.B Joshua Synagogue church is currently one of the highest generator of foreign income in the Tourism industry in Nigeria, why cant the sultan of sokoto do same with the big ancient mosque in Sokoto state?

Fact:
Muslims are parasites.

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by DedeNkem: 10:17am On Dec 14, 2018
misterh:
I hope you know that each country has their quota of pilgrims who can participate in the annual pilgrimage. It's a way the Saudi Arabia govt plans to accommodate and plan adequately for the millions who attend.

This has nothing with your claim about Northerners doing everything to make Nigeria Islamic.

I don't care about Saudi Arabia (its leader recently slaughtered a journalist at its embassy in Turkey, for speaking up) and its religious pilgrimage nonsense.

My main concern is about Nigerian govt.'s involvement in any religious activity. It shouldn't be the responsibilty of our useless govt. to sponsor any religion!

It is about to spend, at least, 10K on each of these 95,000 islamic pilgrims which is ₦950,000,000! What a waste!

This money could be used in repairing many federal school buildings and equipping their science labs or repairing and equipping federal hospitals!

Religion should be a private stuff not a govt. thing. Nigeria is neither an Islamic State nor a Christian one!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by Baroba(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2018
Olalan:
Nigerians are so religious yet our daily lives portray the opposite...

Well said, you will see pastors praying for illegal immigrants arrange marriage..
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 10:47am On Dec 14, 2018
Religious scam.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by Alexk2(m): 11:27am On Dec 14, 2018
Ekpeitut:
Lubbish...
When I eventually become Nigeria's president. I'll scrap this hajj and Jerusalem pilgrim trips. You can't be spending state funds for religious indulgences. This should be a personal affair. angry

You spoke my mind... Just that you'll be president after me cool cool
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by Princezibk: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2018
Wicked souls! Bokoharams!
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by ajl: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
So some Nigerians are still going to flock to this country where the royal authorities have blood on their hands. A Saudi journalist was ordered killed and his body was dismembered in the Saudi embassy in Turkey by a killer squad sent by the royals. Holy land my foot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by misterh(m): 7:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
DedeNkem:

I don't care about Saudi Arabia (its leader recently slaughtered a journalist at its embassy in Turkey, for speaking up) and its religious pilgrimage nonsense.

My main concern is about Nigerian govt.'s involvement in any religious activity. It shouldn't be the responsibilty of our useless govt. to sponsor any religion!

It is about to spend, at least, 10K on each of these 95,000 islamic pilgrims which is ₦950,000,000! What a waste!

This money could be used in repairing many federal school buildings and equipping their science labs or repairing and equipping federal hospitals!

Religion should be a private stuff not a govt. thing. Nigeria is neither an Islamic State nor a Christian one!
While it's wrong for the government to use state funds to sponsor citizens for religious duties, know that majority of those going for the pilgrimage are NOT being sponsored by the government. More than 80% are going with their own money. So your claim about the govt spending money on 95,000 pilgrims is flawed.
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by misterh(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
buJu234:

Pilgrimage is a religious duty. So the Sultan can't just declare the Muslims should throng to Sokoto for a religious duty.
Re: Saudi Arabia Retains 95,000 Quota For Nigeria Pilgrims by misterh(m): 7:39pm On Dec 14, 2018
ajl:
So some Nigerians are still going to flock to this country where the royal authorities have blood on their hands. A Saudi journalist was ordered killed and his body was dismembered in the Saudi embassy in Turkey by a killer squad sent by the royals. Holy land my foot.
That's because you need to separate religion from politics. Because the Crown Prince has done what he did doesn't mean he is supported by Islam and/or Muslims.

Going to Mecca for pilgrimage is a religious duty between your Lord and you and is not subject to what the anyone else does, whether ruler or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian E Passport Microchips / No Plane Crash In Lagos -LASEMA / The Largest Shopping Mall In Africa And In The Southern Hemisphere!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.