Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,663 members, 7,959,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

This Is How To Deal With A Terrorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How To Deal With A Terrorist (400 Views)

Obaseki Threatens To Deal With APC Leaders / Buhari Vowed To Deal With Lawmakers That Booed Him - Femi Fani-kayode / Suleiman Abba Loses APC Senatorial Ticket, Asks God To Deal With Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is How To Deal With A Terrorist by gaddafe(m): 6:45am On Dec 14, 2018
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's father has begged the US government to reduce his son's sentence
- Abdulmutallab, who was 23 at the time of his arrest, was sentenced to life in prison for terrorism
- He was arrested after he attempted to bomb a US airplane on December 25, 2009

Umar Abdulmutallab, the father of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, popularly known as 'Underwear Bomber', has urged the Nigerian government and the government of the UnitedStates to forgive his son for the 2009 terrorismcharges.Abdulmutallab, who was 23 at the time of his arrest, was convicted of attempting to detonate plastic explosives hidden in his underwear while on board Northwest Airlines Flight 253, en route from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan, on Christmas Day, 2009.

On February 16, 2012, he was sentenced to four life terms plus 50 years without parole in the United States.Almost 9 years after his arrest, his father is now calling on the government to pardon his son.Daily Trust reports that Abdulmutallab's father,represented by the chief executive officer of Jaiz Charity and Development Foundation, Imam Shuaib Abdullahi, made the appeal at anevent where he was honoured with People’s Friendly Personality Award in Lagos by the Human Rights Monitor Agenda (HURMA).Abdullahi, who spoke on his behalf, said:“Eachtime I discussed with him, he tells me that Imam, ‘I have done my own as a Nigerian, I have been able to save the lives of over 270 people because if that bomb had exploded, weare talking of about 279 lives that would have been lost. He said he was fulfilled that he was able to save those lives.“At the same time it is also a pain for him for one’s son to be incarcerated, given three life sentences concurrently. He said he wouldn’t know if it would be possible in his life time for him to see his son but if it is the wish of God that the son is not released and he leaves this world, so be it.“But deep down in him, he wants to see a situation where perhaps the powers that be can revisit the issue especially now that the son is very remorseful because almost going to 12 years or so, the son is kept in a solitary confinement where he doesn’t interact with any human being even to the point that if he is to be given food, it is through an automatic system that would provide the food.“For a son who cannot even say whether it is morning, afternoon or night, you can really imagine the trauma it is going to be for the father."
Legit.ngreported in 2017 that Abdulmutallabfiled a lawsuit against the United States' Justice Department for violating his rights to free speech and religion.In his lawsuit application filed in a Colorado federal court, Abdulmutallab accused authorities at the United States Penitentiary-Administrative Maximum Facility in Florence, Colorado, where he is being held of denying him his constitutional rights to practice his religion and communicate with his family.
https://www.legit.ng/1208860-my-son-remorseful-abdulmutallabs-father-begs-us-government-pardon-him.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1290898083

(1) (Reply)

INEC Says ASUU Strike Will Have Serious Impact On 2019 Elections / Jonathan Govt Abandoned 116 Projects, Left N89bn Debt – Buhari’s Minister, Adamu / No $1.05bn NLNG Fund Missing- Senate Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.