Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Lagos Shopt Rent And Family Wahala - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Shopt Rent And Family Wahala (250 Views)

*shopt To Let* @ Lanre Awolokun Street Gbagada Gra Phase 2 Estate Phase 2 Rent / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Amen Estate Phase 2! Just A Perfect Place For You And Family! Dont Miss It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Shopt Rent And Family Wahala by zieraw2005(m): 8:53am On Dec 14, 2018
Hello guys, i am worried and at the same time troubled.

I will like to make this as short as possible.

This started in November when my woman's shop rent was due for renewal.

A certain guy who happens to be electrician close to her shop came to her telling her not to pay the new rent to the same woman that rented the shop to her.

So she asked why and the guy said never mind that he will take my wife to the right place to pay. I got confused and at the same time now requested that my wife should not try paying to another source aside the Landlady we know.
Further inquiries shows that the guy is the younger brother of this Yoruba "LANDLADY"
So i told my wife to tell the guy and the sister to meet her in her shop for clarification of where they want the shop rent to be paid. This guys vehemently declined to meet with his sister.

I got provoked and told my woman to go ahead and pay to the landlady who rented the shop to her.

Fast-forward to Sunday !0/12/2018, The same guy reappear to ask if my wife has paid the rent, my wife said yes for over a week.
So this man and his friends flared-up and started talking down on her she den walked away.

On Monday one of the younger brother to the landlady came with an elderly woman to meet her in the shop that since she has paid to their elder sister for next 12 months no problems. That the old woman with him here is the owner of the shop who happens to be their fathers younger sister. And after next 12 months, that my wife will vacate the shop. At this time, He never knew i was inside the shop because all this while i have maintained my cool was waiting patiently for them.
So that time i confronted the guy and warned never to come close to the shop again, if they have any Family issue, he should go and sort it out and shouldn't make me or my woman meddle into whatever family feud they may have.
So yesterday, i called the landlady to come to the shop and she obliged but requested that we should talk in her fathers presence upstairs.
We went their and it happened that her father doesn't speak nor understand English, So i opted to record whatever he was saying and they brought Little girl to translate to me what the man was saying.
The man said a lot of things and told me not to listen to his songs that they are thieves that i should not fear for any reason, this man should be about (80-90) years old. He said that the daughter owns their and has duly rented it to my wife.

Same day i sent for their elder brother it happened that he was not around and later about 5:00PM he returned and i went to see him, he was in the company of his friends, so he offered me seat, later we started talking and i asked him if he was aware of the guys who came to my wife's shop to threaten her with quit notice? He said yes that that was his younger brother, That since my wife failed to do what he said by not paying to him that she will park out when his sister will come and tell us to be paying to the old woman.
I told him not to go that way because he should be the one resolving whatever difference they have in their family and not dragging my wife into it. But if he continues with his threat then he should be ready to pay me every penny i have invested in that shop.
he said then we shall see in the court. I laughed and left him with his friends to deal with it.
Note this is a boutique shop, i spent over 600,000 naira to fix. This shop was nothing to write home about until we rented it. I did tiling, Show classes,decorations etc.
Also all these while i have not been around, i came in 11pm leaves house 4am to the place i work. You know Lagos life nah!
So guys how do i handle this?
I was suggesting i meet Oba of the place first to summon the family or should i wait ti next year November when this will resurface.

I need your contributions please. No mind my English ooo and Typo.
Re: Lagos Shopt Rent And Family Wahala by SEGLIZ: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2018
Re: Lagos Shopt Rent And Family Wahala by zieraw2005(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2018
MOD please i need help from well meaning Nigerians. FP pls.

(1) (Reply)

For Sale By The Owner !!! / Choice Location In Ajah For Investment With Huge Return / Ember Awoof Promo In Tiverton And QUEEN COURT ESTATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.