Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:20 AM

2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill (1228 Views)

Tinubu, Wike’s Camps Meet To Finalise Deal On 2023 / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by KEVIND: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2018
I don't understand why this news was taken down from Nairaland. I repost it.
Modified:, The first post has been restored by those who took it down. Next,is for the Mod to move it to the front to prove they've not been compromised.
HERE
https://www.nairaland.com/4903421/2019-election-u.s-senate-urges

The Senate of the United States of America (USA) has identified the delay in signing the Electoral Amendment Bill as one of the major obstacles to the conduct of the 2019 general elections and has urged the Federal Government to finalise it before the elections.

It made the resolution following a motion moved by Senator Bob Menendez, a Democratic senator representing New Jersey and ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

While asking the Federal Government to respect the impartiality of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the lawmakers also called on the Federal Government to take necessary steps to facilitate elections that are credible, transparent, and peaceful.

The U. S. Senate said steps would include providing adequate funding, sensitising the voters, and take necessary actions to punish electoral offenders through the establishment of the Electoral Offences Commission and Tribunal.

The senators also raised concerns over the recently concluded governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun where, it said, security agencies displayed partisanship.

“During the Ekiti and Osun gubernatorial elections in July 2018 and September 2018, respectively, there were concerning incidents in which some elements of Nigeria’s security agencies displayed partisanship and a lack of objectivity, which risks escalating tensions within the country.”

While reaffirming the support of the United States towards ensuring a peaceful, electioneering process in the country, the U.S. Senate said that collaboration between civil society organisations “was a key factor that contributed to successful elections in 2015”.

While moving the motion, Menendez said, “I am introducing this resolution to send a signal that the U.S. Senate is carefully watching the conduct of all actors leading up to the February 2019 elections.

https://www.independent.ng/2019-election-u-s-senate-urges-fg-to-finalise-electoral-amendment-bill/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by Abfinest007(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2018
so if d u.s didn*t interfere buhari/jubril will not still have sense

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by Abfinest007(m): 9:09am On Dec 14, 2018
who has we offended that we have to be told what is good for us b4 we do it

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by Jonadull: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2018
KEVIND:
I don't understand why this news was taken down from Nairaland. I repost it.

The Senate of the United States of America (USA) has identified the delay in signing the Electoral Amendment Bill as one of the major obstacles to the conduct of the 2019 general elections and has urged the Federal Government to finalise it before the elections.

It made the resolution following a motion moved by Senator Bob Menendez, a Democratic senator representing New Jersey and ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

While asking the Federal Government to respect the impartiality of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the lawmakers also called on the Federal Government to take necessary steps to facilitate elections that are credible, transparent, and peaceful.

The U. S. Senate said steps would include providing adequate funding, sensitising the voters, and take necessary actions to punish electoral offenders through the establishment of the Electoral Offences Commission and Tribunal.

The senators also raised concerns over the recently concluded governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun where, it said, security agencies displayed partisanship.

“During the Ekiti and Osun gubernatorial elections in July 2018 and September 2018, respectively, there were concerning incidents in which some elements of Nigeria’s security agencies displayed partisanship and a lack of objectivity, which risks escalating tensions within the country.”

While reaffirming the support of the United States towards ensuring a peaceful, electioneering process in the country, the U.S. Senate said that collaboration between civil society organisations “was a key factor that contributed to successful elections in 2015”.

While moving the motion, Menendez said, “I am introducing this resolution to send a signal that the U.S. Senate is carefully watching the conduct of all actors leading up to the February 2019 elections.

https://www.independent.ng/2019-election-u-s-senate-urges-fg-to-finalise-electoral-amendment-bill/amp/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8303113_8247888slaapgif6bda05018509c9452c7593795e5cc14c_gif1c3a9efecf8834a7f05f3bf1020dad76

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by dunkem21(m): 9:20am On Dec 14, 2018
grin The guy is wondering why they are taking down this thread cheesy If, I talk, dem go ban me till after the elections. grin

I just hope Nigeria didn't meddle in US elections because they are clearly watching every false move.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by deboysben(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2018
Nice one from US Senate

Also you gat to love this saraki, he knows when to act

Buhari must sign the electorial bill and stop embarrassing himself.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by donttouchme: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2018
I hope buhari will hear.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by tuniski: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2018
Only Buharideens think otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by jmaine: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2018
dunkem21:
grin The guy is wondering why they are taking down this thread cheesy If, I talk, dem go ban me till after the elections. grin

I just hope Nigeria didn't meddle in US elections because they are clearly watching every false move.

Really? Na wao...

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by hisexcellency34: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2018
The report is true. I just googled online. Mynd44 must be working for Buhari or APC

https://www.foreign.senate.gov/press/ranking/release/menendez-calls-for-credible-elections-in-nigeria-in-new-senate-resolution

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by dunkem21(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2018
hisexcellency34:
The report is true. I just googled online. Mynd44 must be working for Buhari or APC

https://www.foreign.senate.gov/press/ranking/release/menendez-calls-for-credible-elections-in-nigeria-in-new-senate-resolution

Oga, Please delete this post.. You will be banned for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by dunkem21(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2018
jmaine:

Really? Na wao...

US is saying that our security agencies are partisan and cannot be trusted. They are weeping over the daylight robbery in Ekiti and Osun.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by hisexcellency34: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2018
Who cares? I am a correct Nigerian and proud Igbo man. I say the truth and fear no one

dunkem21:

Oga, Please delete this post.. You will be banned for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by Asshurbanipal: 10:21am On Dec 14, 2018
Ekiti and osun elections were pure fraud as confirmed by US in this news

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by id911(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2018
dunkem21:

US is saying that our security agencies are partisan and cannot be trusted. They are weeping over the daylight robbery in Ekiti and Osun.

So far this thread is against Buhari's fraud, it can never make front page. I can bet anything on it

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by peeddy(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2018
If he refuses to sign it we Nigerians are giving US the go ahead to come and recolonize shikenan

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by jessedaflow: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2018
May God punish anybody that will nt abide by the truth, due to their selfish interest be u buhari, atiku, apc, pdp,Bmc,zombies,etc nonsense#

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2018
Abfinest007:

So because an outsider "urged" you to do something, that means it is the right thing to do for the moment?

They can only urge, "the Presidency" still holds the power of discretion.

If the legislature doesn't like that, let them circumvent the presidency.

Who amends electoral forms just few "months" before elections? undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by AroleOduduwa(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Almost all news outlet are partisan, but Nairaland and the mods has taken theirs to another level, they can’t hide their biasment, they are so shameless and heartless.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by Ratello: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2018
Saraki is truly the James Bond 007 of Nigerian Politics! grin cheesy grin
Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by OreMI22: 11:48am On Dec 14, 2018
Buhari is a SCAM and has NO INTEGRITY whatsoever!

Buhari is a sweet-tongued conman and he wants to rig the 2019 elections.

Buhari will not sign any laws that will make it difficult to rig the elections because he knows it is the only way to illegitimately cling to power.

Nigerians and the international community must be ready to defend the sanctity of the peoples votes from Buhari's evil machinations in 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by yrex01(m): 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
OreMI22:
Buhari is a SCAM and has NO INTEGRITY whatsoever!

Buhari is a sweet-tongued conman and he wants to rig the 2019 elections.

Buhari will not sign any laws that will make it difficult to rig the elections because he knows it is the only way to illegitimately cling to power.

Nigerians and the international community must be ready to defend the sanctity of the peoples votes from Buhari's evil machinations in 2019.
Yea. N he will n succeed !! Let pdp v d taste of rigging !!!
Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by jmaine: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mydd44, Lalasticlala and OAM4J...This is a FP worthy news.

Haba... angry

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lalasticlala.This is front page material

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by alizma: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
they should come to Nigeria to finalize it now. as if they have sort out their own problems. finalize amendment 2minths to election.
Re: 2019 Election: U.S. Senate Urges FG To Finalise Electoral Amendment Bill by chiangwar: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
If APC lack any is common sense its will end sooner PDP will rule come 2019.

Abfinest007:

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: "Go Home Peacefully" - Obasanjo To Buhari / I Received A Call Asking To Vote PDP / Sani Musa (aka 313) -PVC Supplier/apc Senate Contestant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.