Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs (876 Views)

Marketers Speak On New Fuel Price As Another Refinery To Release Products / Amosun Replies Abiodun Over Relocation Of Dangote Refinery To Lagos / Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by jesutakewe(f): 9:41am On Dec 14, 2018
Nigeria’s first gold refinery to provide over 500,000 jobs
By
Damilare Famuyiwa -
December 14, 2018 0

Nigeria’s first gold refinery to be completed by the end of the first half of next year. This was confirmed at a ground-breaking ceremony on Thursday.

Kian Smith Trade & Co Limited, a Nigerian firm, said the Nigerian gold refinery would be completed by June 2019.

According to the firm, the refinery would start with a production capacity of three tonnes per month of 99.99 per cent gold and one ton per month production of 99.99 per cent silver.

The Vice Chairman ofKian Smith, Nere Teriba said the firm has already secured a significant monthly supply of gold from Zamfara, Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, Ibadan, Ile-Ife, and Ilesha and about 100kg per month from other parts of Africa.

Teriba added that the firm was finalising supply agreements and terms from suppliers in Kano.

“Next week, we will be securing supply from Kogi State.”

Teriba further revealed that the refinery, when completed, will provide more than 500,000 jobs in two years as it continues to support its suppliers in their bid to become registered business entities in the mining sector.

During the ground-breaking ceremony, the Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Abubakar Bwari said the Federal Government is determined to develop the mining sector and to act as a catalyst for sustainable economic growth of Nigeria.

“Part of our marching orders in the mines and steel development ministry is that we are expected to develop the sector to increase its contribution to the nation’s Gross Domestic Product, improve its capacity to create jobs and engender sustainable mining.” – Bwari

Recall that the Federal Government had issued the first gold refining licence which was given to Kian Smith Limited some time this year. The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma had made the disclosure.

Nairametrics had also reported that private investors have expressed their readiness to commit about $3.32 billion to fund some projects in the mining sector.

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-first-ever-gold-refinery-to-be-completed-next-year/

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by efighter: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2018
jesutakewe:

The Vice Chairman ofKian Smith, Nere Teriba said the firm has already secured a significant monthly supply of gold from Zamfara, Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, Ibadan, Ile-Ife, and Ilesha and about 100kg per month from other parts of Africa.

Teriba added that the firm was finalising supply agreements and terms from suppliers in Kano.

“Next week, we will be securing supply from Kogi State.”

https://nairametrics.com/nigerias-first-ever-gold-refinery-to-be-completed-next-year/

Just North-West, North Central and South-West? So, no other mineral resource in the South-East apart from drug trafficking, kidnapping and armed robbery.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by jesutakewe(f): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2018
What is this one saying?
efighter:

Just North-West, North Central and South-West? So, no other mineral resource in the South-East apart from drug trafficking, kidnapping and armed robbery.
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by efighter: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2018
jesutakewe:
What is this one saying?

I am saying "show me your assets".
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by grandstar(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2018
efighter:

Japan with hardly any natural resource is the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Please leave Igbo's alone. I'm Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by jesutakewe(f): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2018
Lol, I want to leave your country and you expect me to show you my resources so that you'll steal it by force like you did to Niger Delta Unless you're saying I should show you my ASS... That you'll get in abundance.
efighter:

I am saying "show me your assets".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by Sirjamo: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2018
efighter:

And baby factory

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by jesutakewe(f): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
I should have known you were a troll. You've succeeded in derailing the post.
Sirjamo:
And baby factory
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by Strikethem: 2:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
efighter:

Which kind wahala be this?
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by Strikethem: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
jesutakewe:
Lol, I want to leave your country and you expect me to show you my resources so that you'll steal it by force like you did to Niger Delta Unless you're saying I should show you my ASS... That you'll get in abundance.
Which resources grin
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by doctokwus: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Soon as I saw "Nigerian firm,to be completed next, to provide 500,000 jobs",I knew it would be one of those scams to siphon money from the government contract that would come from this propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by jesutakewe(f): 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lol
doctokwus:
Soon as I saw "Nigerian firm,to be completed next, to provide 500,000 jobs",I knew it would be one of those scams to siphon money from the government contract that would come from this propaganda.
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by Kamanuozuzu: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
grandstar:

Japan with hardly any natural resource is the 3rd largest economy in the world.

Please leave Igbo's alone. I'm Yoruba

The richest country in Europe is Germany. They have no natural resources.

The most important of natural resources is the human brain brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by mekaboy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
Good morning APC.
Re: Nigeria’s First Gold Refinery To Provide Over 500,000 Jobs by nwanyionitsha: 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2018
efighter:

cry some more. We must share thé revenue. Nothing you can do but weep.

(1) (Reply)

Photospeak As Saraki Meets Trump / Ambassador Chris Giwa Resigns From PDP, Joins APC in Plateau State / BREAKING: Masked Officers Whisk Dino Melaye From Hospital Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.