Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? (13965 Views)

What Can I Download Before My Subscription Expires - Help Me / The Terrible Price Of An “unlimited Internet Service” In Nigeria / Using Mtn Bb Plan To Browse On Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by rave2u: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2010
Back in nigeria for the hols. Subscribed to the mtn monthly bb internet service. I can browse, I can download but when I try watching youtube videos or streaming videos I'm being charged heavily.

Since I'm already subscribed to their bb internet service, am I still suppose to be charged?

Is this normal?

Anyone else subscribed to the mtn monthly bb service experiencing this problem?
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2010
Go to Options - Advanced options - TCP , then check the box to enable APN n input blackberry.net as the APN. This should work and also make sure u aren't using the wap browser
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by rave2u: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2010
On my apn it says wap.cingular?

What do I do and how do I make sure I'm not using the wap browser?
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 05, 2010
@rave2u change the apn o what i said earlier n change t back when u travel back. Dont use the browser that has wap in its name
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by abrahym(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2010
Using bb means ur a big dude,dont complain pls
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by cecegorz(m): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2010
abibio2001:

Go to Options - Advanced options - TCP , then check the box to enable APN n input blackberry.net as the APN. This should work and also make sure u aren't using the wap browser
Thanks 4 this info bro. They,ve been milking my credit like crazy. Even their customer care guys r as ignorant as they come.
Now, I've changed d APN, but what of d username and password entries?
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2010
@cecegorz, leave username and password blank
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by cecegorz(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
Av done that but they're still charging.
I've discovered that they secretely switch u back 2WAP browser once u launch video stream.thereby charging u per download site.
It's criminal, I think.
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by ericok(m): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2010
Do not be deceived with changing of any settings. The service doesn't include streaming or downloading of videos.
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by cecegorz(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2010
^^^
Good info. Can we get input from Glo, Zain subscribers please?

Are they same ol same ol? I thought BES/BIS covers the whole works?
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Mcleo007(m): 12:05am On Aug 12, 2010
Don't know why, whenever I want to download with my bolt browser, it keeps saying; this is against your it policy. I need help pls. I use blackberry curve 8310
Also, how do I upgrade my OS to the current 4.6 version that will enable me upgrade my bbm?
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by cecegorz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^
Check out my experience on OS upgrade here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-459690.99999.html#bot
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 17, 2010
@cecegorz, After changing those settings as I said earlier, try using bolt browser to stream videos or download the youtube video of your choice at www.vuclip.com(this is what I use personally)

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2010
Another thing is to go to your Browser then Options then Browser configuration then change the Browser identification from Blackberry to Internet Explorer, with this it doesnt change to WAP for streaming media but I didnt check my credit after trying this but its worth the try
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 17, 2010
Just checked my credit, they didn't charge
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by saintkola(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2010
Zain BIS doesn't allow you to stream so I switched to MTN BIS
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by mrkels(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2012
I just started watching youtube videos free on my blackberry 9780(Bold 4) I jusst went to options and there was a place where I unticked ''Switching to carrier network for streaming media'' Since the glo has not charged a single cent on my account, and all my youtube videos I watch with my BIS
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by Giddyprance(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
abibio2001: Go to Options - Advanced options - TCP , then check the box to enable APN n input blackberry.net as the APN. This should work and also make sure u aren't using the wap browser
Pls dnt mean tew sound stupid but I didn't even see any advance options
Re: Mtn Bb Internet Service: Why Am I Charged To Watch Videos Despite My Subscription? by tygaweezy(m): 11:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Guys I can't find bolt browser on my app world

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Facetime Bug Lets You Eavesdrop On Other People / How To Check If Your NIN Has Been Successfully Linked To Your Sims / Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Tecno Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.