Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Youtube Rewind 2018 Is Officially The Most Disliked Video On Youtube Of All Time - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Youtube Rewind 2018 Is Officially The Most Disliked Video On Youtube Of All Time (300 Views)

Rihanna Is Officially The World's Richest Female Musician - Forbes / #bbnaija 2018: Is Bitto The New Kemen? / Davido, Wizkid, Olamide And Others Top Youtube Rewind For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Rewind 2018 Is Officially The Most Disliked Video On Youtube Of All Time by Ochoochogift(m): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2018
YouTube Rewind didn’t go over well with the YouTube community would be quite an understatement. This year’s Rewind, an annual video made by YouTube that’s supposed to encompass a year in YouTube culture, is officially the most disliked video on the platform.

It has more than 11 million dislikes, overtaking Justin Bieber’s 2010 song “Baby,” which has just under 11 million dislikes. While it took Bieber’s video approximately eight years to rack up that dislike count, YouTube Rewind beat it in closer to eight days. It’s quite a feat, and a fascinating case of how an innocuous video used by YouTube’s marketing team to appeal to advertisers can have an adverse effect when it doesn’t put the community first.

Since YouTube Rewind was first published on December 6th, the backlash has been loud and constant. Creators who starred in it, like Marques Brownlee, have addressed the controversy, while other YouTubers work on their own versions of Rewind they view as more authentic.

The backlash directed at YouTube for this year’s Rewind boils down to a growing disparity between the platform’s true creator culture and the polished version that YouTube wants to present. “I think the problem with YouTube Rewind, at least how I see it, is pretty simple actually,” Brownlee said in a video.

“YouTubers and creators and audiences see it as one thing and, YouTube, who’s in charge of making it, sees it as something completely different.” A YouTube representative issued the following statement to The Verge, saying that “dethroning ‘Baby’ in dislikes wasn’t exactly our goal.” “Honest feedback can suck, but we are listening and we appreciate how much people care,” the representative said. “Trying to capture the magic of YouTube in one single video is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

We also learned that creating content can be really hard and this underscores our respect and admiration for YouTube creators doing it every day. Keep the feedback coming and maybe we’ll release a top 10 list of ‘Rewind dislike’ reaction videos.” To understand why Rewind really affects creators, it’s important to understand how the video was first presented to the community in 2011. The first year YouTube decided to create a recap video, Rewind was narrated by Rebecca Black of “Friday” fame.

Read More:- https://ochoochogift..com/2018/12/youtube-rewind-2018-is-officially-most.html

Re: Youtube Rewind 2018 Is Officially The Most Disliked Video On Youtube Of All Time by Immaculatesnow(m): 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin I'm a youtuber but I don't like these popular content creators

I have a 22 dollars verified Nigerian Adsense for sale

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Release Proof Of DNA Of Child With Gifty – Mr 2kay / [video] Miss Congo's Wig Caught Fire After She Won Miss Africa 2018 / Social Media Causing Depression – Yemi Alade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.