Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion (66224 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Receives New Car From Georgina For His 37th Birthday / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives MARCA Legend Award In Spain (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Red Card On UCL Debut With Juventus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Sportdab(m): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo will appear before a court in Madrid on January over a £14.7m tax evasion fraud.

The five time Ballon D'or Winner was charged by Spanish authorities in 2017 over money owed from image rights.

MySportDab report this was after a shell company British Virgin Islands  was used to hide parts of his income between 2011 and 2014.

“The accused made use of a corporate structure created in 2010 to hide from the tax authority income generated in Spain through image rights,” said a statement by prosecutors at the time the charges were first brought.

According to AS, Ronaldo who signed for Juventus in the summer will now be sanctioned to appear before the court to hear the verdict - which a be a two-year prison sentence.

He has applied to the courts to appear by video-link.

Spanish law dictates that jail sentences of two years and under are to be suspended for first-time offenders, pending the accused not committing any further crimes in Spain during that period.

Ronaldo's lawyer, José Antonio Choclán, had lobbied the courts for the sentence to be commuted to a €375,000 fine - the same outcome as was negotiated for another of his clients, former Real defender Fábio Coentrão, for similar offences.

That deal was rejected by presecutors.

Ronaldo has already paid up the bulk of the €14.7million which was outstanding in order to smooth over his move to Turin, and January's court appearance will bring a close to the matter.

The final bill for the Portugal forward will ultimately top €18.9million once fines and interest are factored in.

While in Spain Ronaldo became Real Madrid's highest ever goalscorer, netting 451 times after joining from Manchester United for a then-record £80million in 2009.

Ronaldo is also Portugal's most-capped player, with 154 appearances, and record goalscorer, with 85.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/12/juventus-star-cristiano-ronaldo.html

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by dkronicle(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Ibramamahi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
Are u kidding me?

Check my signature on how to be a billionaire before the end of this
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by eluquenson(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Haha
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by sotall(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by SosaXVLV(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
This people just want to bring Cr7 back to Spain as soon as possible but they are on a wild goose chase

King Cr7

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by fowlyansh181(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
His fans blasted Messi then .. grin

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by solochris(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
The entire football world will rather crumble than for Ronaldo to go to jail

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by NIGHTMARE0O7: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by SammieLowkey(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
This aint good

Messi's fans right now.. grin

11 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Thelonewolff(f): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
how Spain dey take calculate tax so tey famous people no dey pay am?

12 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Gerrie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ororo!
Wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by emalek86(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
See as I rush come dey think say na real sentence, Spanish government dey generate income jor

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by HyconMojo(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Dem no fit jail ham jare. Na oyinbo teach us corruption... Jail no be for people like Ronaldo calibre, na USA this kin thing dey work

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Enemyofpeace: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
What did he did again?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Ewedegubbler: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Is it

8 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Cameroonglass(m): 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
me drinking my alomo in the front page****wetn concern me!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by ZombieTAMER: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
Real Madrid sef sad

Behaving like Buhari

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by kunleweb: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
The lawyers must bemessi and.barca.fans. let.them.try it and.see.what we will.do.to.them

Real.Madrid has been hubting to kill this guy. First it was baloon D'oor they ripped.him off, it moved to rape., now to tax evasion. Who leaked the escrow used to hide the funds if not the ant in the leaf.

Real.Madrid.should fpcus on their ailing reputatiom and.leave ororo alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by ifymadu: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Where the law is no respecter of individuals
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by silento(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
good
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
CR7 and MESSI are just competing in everything sha!

Even with jailterms!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by johnson4nosa(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please dey should allow these guys should be...that was the same thing dey did to Messi.......

Tho I'm not C7 fan..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by SolnergyPower: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
That's some serious matter!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by SocialJustice: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Why are you making it seem like he's going to prison soon with your headline? Bloggers, I dislike you guys. You guys constitute the scum of journalism in Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by Wespur: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin

Aion know why this news is sweeting me

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by YungMillionaire: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Penaldo aka Tap_In_do

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by best827(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ibramamahi:
Are u kidding me?

See this mumu, you that does not have up to 2k inside your account Wan turn person to billionaire??
You need 900 strokes of Cane for your brain to reset automatically.. No room for scammers here

30 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by InansBobo(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
If na Nigeria he for buy all the judges
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion by godwinkessi: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
angry
Ibramamahi:
Are u kidding me?

Be a billionaire first then we gonna want to be like you

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi Died Of Cardiac Arrest - Family / Iheanacho, Awaziem, Omeruo Organised Sex Party On Eve The Super Eagles Game / President Erdogan Is Best Man At Mesut Ozil's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.