Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect (25422 Views)

How I Created Bimbo Ademoye’s Bare Br***ts In Anikulapo - Hakeem Effect / Graphic Works Of Hakeem Effect, Gives Tribal Marks, Featured On BBC / Meet Onilogbo Hakeem Effect, The Best Makeup Effect Artist In Nigeria (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Letenwam: 5:33am On Dec 15, 2018
Hakeem Effect, the popular make-up artist in Nollywood, has disclosed that his special effects scare him at night.

The make-up artist who disclosed that he didn’t have to go through any formal training to acquire it, but learnt the art via divine inspiration through a series of dreams, told Saturday Beats;

“Sometimes, after I have built a body prosthetic, and I wake up in the middle of the night to do something, I usually forget I was the one that built the body, so I get scared a little bit. When such occurrences take place, I just calm myself down.

“Interestingly, my children are already used to my works, so even sometimes, when they see a real incident similar to some of my effects, they call my attention to it. I always tell them that every scary thing they see on the road is not a special effect. Nothing can scare my children; they are used to seeing blood and horrible things because I create some of my effects at home.

“The only thing I can say that scares me is death. I usually think that all these struggles to survive, just to take care of my family and all the knowledge acquired and fame, at the end of it all, we are all going to die one day. However, it is better to work towards your destiny even if death is going to come at the end of the day than staying idle doing nothing.”

According to Hakeem Effect, his most challenging and memorable effect was when he had to transform people to look like Nelson Mandela and President Muhammadu Buhari.

“When I was a child, I had it in mind that I would be a great actor; I never knew I would go into special effects at all. I ventured into the movie industry 12 years ago and I started as an actor. But I can’t act again; I can only go into movie production. However, man proposes, but God disposes.

“Interestingly, I learnt this art in dreams; I didn’t have any form of training to acquire this skill. I started improving the skill as time went on. I was 28 years old when I used to have the dreams; I always tell people that they shouldn’t try to compete with anyone in life.

“I used to paint as a child, my parents are very proud of me. I am the only one (out of my parents’ children) that didn’t have the opportunity to attend a university, but despite that, everything still turned out well.

“Every job has its own challenges; most of my jobs that impress people are the jobs I have experimented with on my own before using them for movies. I experiment a lot. My most memorable effect would be transforming some people into President Muhammadu Buhari and Nelson Mandela. I’ll never forget these works because it is not easy to replicate someone,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/my-special-effects-scare-me-at-night-hakeem-effect/

lalasticlala

9 Likes

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by itspzpics(m): 5:42am On Dec 15, 2018
Wow
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by originals1(m): 5:49am On Dec 15, 2018
Mehn ! This guy is too talent, i checked out some of his works on instagram...

Meanwhile instagram page with 14k followers for sale, check my signature if you're interestedsmiley

8 Likes

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by speedyconnect3: 8:16am On Dec 15, 2018
See him head..

2 Likes

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2018
If you see a man so diligent in his works.......

.......the whole world will step aside for him.

Respect to this talented young man.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by lamideee(f): 9:26am On Dec 15, 2018
Wow
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by dokie: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2018
Hakeem effects is just too much abeg.

Respect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Ikem11(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2018
You are possessed by your talent that's why it scares you
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by ZaOzaRoom(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2018
He should make a special effect on Atiku's shape of head.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by xoxocandy(f): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2018
where can I learn this thing for free in lag?
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by WaywardSon(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2018
This guy should go to Hollywood. He'll be appreciated there more

1 Like

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Olujoe1(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2018
Skill is the father of talent.
When talent becomes skill then money follows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Hakeem12(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2018
Guy is very good no doubt. Just have a hard time believing the learning the job in the dream part.

3 Likes

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Patrioticman007(m): 9:30am On Dec 15, 2018
Just like Atiku Obi scares him to Obituary. You know the ipobian pig can poison him just to be PDP presidential candidate.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by LisaAnne(f): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Pentools(m): 9:31am On Dec 15, 2018
Erh
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 15, 2018
ZaOzaRoom:
He should make a special effect on Atiku's shape of head.
And his supporters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by xoxocandy(f): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2018
LisaAnne:
You no shame to talk am as big as you are
lol
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by dermmy(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2018
God still do wonders. The dream land where a man learns how to do things is a battlefield for some people. May God put an end to our spiritual battles
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Smooyis(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2018
Inspiring. Isn't shocked
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2018
All the best to him.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by afo86: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2018
I follow him on IG this guy is Gr8.. God bless your heart bro.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by iluvdonjazzy: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2018
yes o e need to scare u at night because the effect is actually scaring, of course u are perfect in your work.

1 Like

Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by sheubaba2013: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2018
Please federal government and the people of Nigeria should help us to tell nepa to stop giving us epileptic power supply and crazy bill at Ogunmola Alara street, Kola Alagbado. Lagos

They will bring the light and take it after 3mins, it's so annoying, people of Nigeria should help us to reach the necessary authorities.

Thanks.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 15, 2018
xoxocandy:
where can I learn this thing for free in lag?
Nothing worthwhile comes free. Shun free things; they lack value and fade easily.
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by Necksonnel: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

Gbefun100:
High stakers interested in winning big on betting with today's game message me with - 09070574*858
Only those who can stake atleast 10k should message me.
No low stakers, no scammers!
Re: My Special Effects Scare Me At Night – Hakeem Effect by abdulaz: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2018
All hustles must pay.

He believed in himself even though say he no attend Uni.

To be successful in life no be by first class o.

Na to know thy self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asa Gets Intouch With Nature In Lovely Photos / Mamobo, Kingsley Ogoro's Daughter Graduates With 1st Class Honors From Poland / Omotola's Pink Feathered Dress To 'Muyiwa Goes To Nollywood' Show In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.