Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Why Buhari Deserves A Second Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Deserves A Second Tenure (227 Views)

Buhari Deserves Commendation For Diversifying From Oil – Femi Adesina / Tinubu: Why Buhari Deserves A Second Term / Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Deserves A Second Tenure by Onyenkuzi1(m): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2018
An Igbo proverb says that a people who don't know where the rain started beating them will not know where it will stop beating them. We are where we are today because of the atrocities of IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo/Atiku, and Goodluck Jonathan. If Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world, people became poor over the period that these gothic characters ruled over our Commonwealth. There was massive looting and rapidly radical underdevelopment of the national economy under their watch.

They impoverished the masses, mismanaged the resources of the nation, ran most, if not all, of Nigeria's companies down, enthroned corruption, and refused to diversify the economy.

We are where we are today because of what happened yesterday. You cannot move forward if you do not reconcile the past to the present because the past afffects the present and determines the future ultimately.
That is why we need to take history very seriously. Even in my area of research, I am quite convinced that literary texts are best understood when analysed in a historical context.

So we need to look into our past and correct the mistakes of the past so that we don't keep making the same mistake that drags us back. Any mistake repeated twice is a decision.

If PDP had emulated China for the past 16 years, we wouldn't have been where we are today. We would have been better than Singapore and Dubai.
Continue reading... https://emmnetblog.com/2018/12/15/why-buhari-deserves-a-second-tenure/

(1) (Reply)

Include New Minimum Wage In 2019 Budget - Nlc / I Commit Myself Again To The Task Of Taking Nigeria To Greater Heights - Buhari / OGUN 2019 :PDP /APC Crises Will Pave Way For My Victory - Isiaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.