Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,996 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Men Also Get Raped - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Men Also Get Raped (964 Views)

Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) / Anita: 'I Was Raped By Emeka Gabriel Oboh Aka Obojingo In UNIZIK' / Sex Scandals Rocking ABU, Zaria. Student Raped By HIV-Positive Lecturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Also Get Raped by Zeeyola(f): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2018
Men Also Get Raped by Azeezat Okunlola

From time memorial,much emphasis has been placed on sexual abuse committed solely against the female sex and how traumatic such experiences could be.In fact,the Penal Code,Criminal Laws of Lagos and the Criminal code all define rape as a crime committed solely against the female sex;

“Any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent, if the consent is obtained by force or by means of false threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false or fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or in case of a married woman, by personating her husband is guilty of an offence called rape”.

Section 357 of Criminal Code further states that;

“…any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl” is said to have committed rape.

This is perhaps because society has failed to understand that rape goes way beyond merely overpowering a person(which of course ridiculously translates to women, the weaker sex) and taking advantage of them sexually.

Rape is psychological and depends mostly on what goes into the body and mind, be it information or acid. It is hypocritical to attach rape to indecent dressing on the part of females as though only women who dress indecently get raped or as though women are incapable of committing rape themselves. A study carried out in 2008 involving the interview of 98 men found that nearly half of the men (46%) who reported some form of sexual victimization were victimized by women. It is however very important to note that rape victims are some times sodomised. In as much as much attention is given to rape from the opposite sex, equal thought should be given to same sex rape as well.

Among sexual assault victims, over 16.1% of males incurred non-genital injuries from the assault. Male victims receive more ancillary injuries and are more likely to be coerced with a weapon by their assaulters. The symptoms and injuries that most frequently follows are tension headaches, ulcers, nausea, colitis, abrasions to the throat, black eyes and broken bones. It does not help that people find such rape as female-male rape and male-male non-existent. It is even worse being a male victim listening to the public give insensitive comments like,”he isn’t man enough to fight” or “how can he let women overpower him?”

A victim once stated;

“Since the assault I have trouble relating to my wife. I have found myself in homosexual relationships that disgust me afterwards…it is almost as if I am punishing myself for letting the assault happen in the first place.”

Another victim of a female-male rape also explained how he had been traumatize ever since the ugly incident occurred;

“Women disgust me. Sex disgusts me.I sincerely do not consider getting married to one of those animals. I’ll rather do a man.” He further explained how he had intentionally hurt several women and managed to get away with it,and to top it all,he felt quite satisfied with his achievement.

All said,It is about time the various sections of the Criminal Code Act dealing with rape be revised and the orientation of the masses improved to meet contemporary realities.

http://mouthpiece.com.ng/men-also-get-raped/
Re: Men Also Get Raped by justflow1(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2018
nothing justifies rape tho, anyone can be raped, even this occurs among legally married couple, during sex the woman can decide to tell you she is no longer interested, that you should remove your thing, if u continue, she can claim a suit of rape against you, provided she can prove it beyond reasonable doubt that she stoped consenting to the intercourse at a point in time.

same goes to two consenting adult, of which the lady gave a sex consent and allowed the man have sex with her, if by implied terms or oral terms she consented a protected sex, and the man fails to use a protection, she can sue the man for rape, cos she only gave a consent for protected sex and not the other

the issue of rape is far more sensitive than it seems, protestant are even agitating for a life imprisonment for rapist

nothing, i repeat nothing on earth justifies rape not even indecent dressing, India has the highest rape cases in the world, intriguingly, it is apparent that their ladies cover their body even more than any other country aside from the Arabs

2 Likes

Re: Men Also Get Raped by Ohraykon: 3:29am On Dec 16, 2018
Wait......how does a female rape a man, what if he doesnt have erection nko

1 Like

Re: Men Also Get Raped by Zeeyola(f): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2018
CC: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 consider for front page. Thank you
Re: Men Also Get Raped by Zeeyola(f): 9:53am On Dec 16, 2018
It's an involuntary erection. A penis can be manipulated (stroked or fondled) causing signals to be sent from the penis to the spinal cord and back to the penis, resulting in an erection. This means that a man can get an erection without wanting to or being aware of it. An example is when boy gets an erection during class or while sleeping. So it's wrong to believe as most people do that when men are raped they get erection because they enjoy it or want to be raped.
Re: Men Also Get Raped by projectreserve2: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2018
Download Free Research Project Topics & Materials Online.
Click on the link in my Signature to visit website Now!

1 Like

Re: Men Also Get Raped by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
justflow1:
nothing justifies rape tho, anyone can be raped, even this occurs among legally married couple, during sex the woman can decide to tell you she is no longer interested, that you should remove your thing, if u continue, she can claim a suit of rape against you, provided she can prove it beyond reasonable doubt that she stoped consenting to the intercourse at a point in time.

same goes to two consenting adult, of which the lady gave a sex consent and allowed the man have sex with her, if by implied terms or oral terms she consented a protected sex, and the man fails to use a protection, she can sue the man for rape, cos she only gave a consent for protected sex and not the other

the issue of rape is far more sensitive than it seems, protestant are even agitating for a life imprisonment for rapist

nothing, i repeat nothing on earth justifies rape not even indecent dressing, India has the highest rape cases in the world, intriguingly, it is apparent that their ladies cover their body even more than any other country aside from the Arabs
The last paragraph says it all.

(1) (Reply)

We Must Call Of The Strike Ourselves!!! / Difference Between Technical School And Polytechnic (including Their Result) / Jamb Regularization: An Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.