Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola (29700 Views)

Why Do Yoruba and The North Vote Incompetent People? / Can Infrastructure Drive An Economy? Fashola Counters Peter Obi (2019) / El-Rufai: Incompetent People In Government Reason For Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by fpeter(f): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
This guy just opens his mouth without thinking...

2 Likes

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by oluwatosink: 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
Jolite:
o boy na curse o! & all this our nowadays men of God no the try na politics them the also play.
Nawao
grin
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by begge: 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
Now agree and tell urself that you are a lifeless and shameless minister of power.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by mechanics(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
hahahaha, parade don change o.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by IMAliyu(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Reminds of a quote from Narcos. It wasn't referring to Nigeria, but I found it interesting.
"God made our land so beautiful that it was unfair to the rest of the world. So he filled it with a race of evil men to balance it out"
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by kefmawin: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
Competent leadership is all that is required to move a nation or any organisation forward
https://www.kefmawin.com/website-offer

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Reference(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:
One shortcoming of reforms or privatization is that it reflects the character and mindset of who is in charge.

The sale of DISCOS by former president Jonathan to investors fronted by PDP henchmen including our "letter-writing" baba was in line with what they stand for: selfish acquisition of commonwealth.

Funnily, in line with agreement signed, the "investors" in DISCOs were given government-backed facility to start operations.

Now they are not under obligation to provide prepaid meters to consumers or even buy electricity generated by GENCOs since they can do estimated bills and load sharing. Of course they resort to blackmail of "killing foreign investment" any time government steps in.

The result is lack of progress from seed sowed a couple of years ago by insincere people.

You people like history sha... grin but politicians are elected for geography... providing a map, a blueprint to the way out of problems. If this set of politicians ruling now were to be the mechanic handling your car and everyday you hear curses about how you ruined your car before bringing it the garage what will you say and do.

Do they take good cars to the mechanic. Do they give good situations to a new government If Nigeria was so good before 2014 why vote out the PDP and elect a new government. They say 4 years is not enough, so tell us for how long the car will remain under repair nau... grin I wan travel go villa for Christmas oh.

Today Peter Obi dey yarn strong tin. If dem elect am I hope no be say e go dey tell us APC crash my car so notin for me.... grin till rapture...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by joe120120(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by discusant: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
GuyWise101:
Fashola has ran out of lies, he should quickly notify Lai mohammed for more.

Apc has been a disappointment from inception...

But come o, did Fashola truly say that, or is it film tricks?

If the brain driving Buhari presidency said that in this video, what else good do we expect from Buhari presidency?

But don't expect much better from Atiku presidency- unless ,unless, unless..

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Ikpongiton: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
it is only a man with a demented brain that will behave this way .always contradicting himself.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by omoranmilowo: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
Why are you there, Is it not for you to make a change ? Then you are among the incompetents people therefore apc is a failure too.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Chukazu: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:
One shortcoming of reforms or privatization is that it reflects the character and mindset of who is in charge.

The sale of DISCOS by former president Jonathan to investors fronted by PDP henchmen including our "letter-writing" baba was in line with what they stand for: selfish acquisition of commonwealth.

Funnily, in line with agreement signed, the "investors" in DISCOs were given government-backed facility to start operations.

Now they are not under obligation to provide prepaid meters to consumers or even buy electricity generated by GENCOs since they can do estimated bills and load sharing. Of course they resort to blackmail of "killing foreign investment" any time government steps in.

The result is lack of progress from seed sowed a couple of years ago by insincere people.

APC members also bought theirs

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
Reference:

You people like history sha... grin but politicians are elected for geography... providing a map, a blueprint to the way out of problems. If this set of politicians ruling now were to be the mechanic handling your car and everyday you hear curses about how you ruined your car before bringing it the garage what will you say and do.

Do they take good cars to the mechanic. Do they give good situations to a new government If Nigeria was so good before 2014 why vote out the PDP and elect a new government. They say 4 years is not enough, so tell us for how long the car will remain under repair nau... grin I wan travel go villa for Christmas oh.

Today Peter Obi dey yarn strong tin. If dem elect am I hope no be say e go dey tell us APC crash my car so notin for me.... grin till rapture...
If you give your car to a mechanic and harras him for taking too long to fix the it, he is bound to explain to you that your former mechanic messed up thebcar and stole your car parts. He is expecting that you would understand and appreciate his effort , having handed over your car to an impatient and insincere mechanic earlier.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
Chukazu:

APC members also bought theirs
Name and shame them.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2018
Then sack them, why is he d minister of power
I just don't understand this people
Abi u join people way day sell generator?

2 Likes

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by njelrapheal: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
beamtopola:
You own a shop where goods always get missing.

Solution

@PeterObi
- Install modern security gadgets
- Retrain staff
- Tag each product with microchip
- Increase sales

@ProfOsinbajo
- Lock shop
- Sit outside with machete
- Chase away suspicious looking person
- Die of hunger
this is hilarious. Did they really say this. Please allow me to tweet this.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Fisher400: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
that is soooooooooo true incompetent people are managing our economy. if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by emmie14: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:

Aren't this statement stupid and uncalled for after one completed tenure? Election is in February and you still blaming Jonathan when you came to change the mess of Jonathan who is the first president of Nigeria. Shame

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by xelly: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:

Provided the blame is on PDP, you are oke and can sleep fine. Note, as a leader, if you cannot take responsibilities, you have FAILED. The greatest disappointment we have in Nigeria today is from those who will not take responsibilities. I watched VP debate yesterday and Osinbajo cannot talk without mentioning PDP then I knew the reason why our economy is suffering.

I thought Buhari is a problem, Osinbajo is another big problem entirely.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
emmie14:

Aren't this statement stupid and uncalled for after one completed tenure? Election is in February and you still blaming Jonathan when you came to change the mess of Jonathan who is the first president of Nigeria. Shame
He did not blame Jonathan. He said that as a result of privatisation, government involvement is limited to advisory and regulatory. Even at that, the blackmail of strict regulation scares FDI further limits government.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
xelly:

Provided the blame is on PDP, you are oke and can sleep fine. Note, as a leader, if you cannot take responsibilities, you have FAILED. The greatest disappointment we have in Nigeria today is from those who will not take responsibilities. I watched VP debate yesterday and Osinbajo cannot talk without mentioning PDP then I knew the reason why our economy is suffering.

I thought Buhari is a problem, Osinbajo is another big problem entirely.
One big consequence of removal of History as a subject from curriculum is that Nigerians are now allergic to historical perspective.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by kokomilala(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
What self-excusing! That's why I still rate him low whilst he was the governor of Lagos State considering the over 300 billion Naira IGR the state was making.
For the life of me,he's the minister of power.Fixing Nigeria's power infrastructure is no rocket science,but government has compounded it with naive politics of blame.If he can't fix it ,he should step down and stop giving excuses.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by luluosas(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
Your own side better. We for Okabere area only get light 5 minutes, and that's all
Newboss:
Is he not the minister? angry

In Benin, we only get 6 hours of light angry 2 of which are useless (3-5am) angry

Some folks I know have forgotten what their homes look like when the bulbs are lit angry

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by CioAngels(f): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by guvna(m): 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
Babygiwa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW_R1NDdsRw

Another Atiku/PDP Advert

Atiku will NEVER IN LIFE come into Power!!

Mark my Words and I will bet you ANY amount.

APC isn't the best but a better of 2 evils.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Billionaire09: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:

Since Nigeria and aso rock had been privatized to China and Sudanese authority, what's stopping demonic zoo political leaders from reprivatized ministry of darkness?

Keep blaming your fellow criminals that are in opposition.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by Reference(m): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2018
festacman:

If you give your car to a mechanic and harras him for taking too long to fix the it, he is bound to explain to you that your former mechanic messed up thebcar and stole your car parts. He is expecting that you would understand and appreciate his effort , having handed over your car to an impatient and insincere mechanic earlier.

grin... then he should not have said he could fix it dear. ...that is integrity. Don't we all complain about dishonest service we get everytime from our artisans.... claiming they could do stuff way above their competencies.

You simply cannot wangle your way out of this.... do you want me to use the scenario of the quack doctor...builder...or the traditionally dishonest tailor (now that Christmas is at hand) and their endless excuses.... same thing. Politicians like them tell too many lies claiming to be and to do what they are not and not capable only for gullible Nigerians like you to buy into the false narrative. Mr President simply cannot deliver but is too dishonest to admit it. Cool, he is a politician. So some may understand.

But spare a thought for young Macron of France or the tireless May of Britain. Who gives them the chance. Much hailed in Nigeria as young and energetic, the French are not interested in Nigeria type dishonest sentimemt and are not waiting to give him ten terms to deliver. Their own dividends of democracy they want now. They want their car on the road before Christmas even if it came to the garage in spare parts.

That is a serious people who don't HOPE on their leaders but MAKE them perform by force. Sit there and wait for repairs you hear while they cruise around in armoured SUV's. The black man is just dull.

1 Like

Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
Billionaire09:

Since Nigeria and aso rock had been privatized to China and Sudanese authority, what's stopping demonic zoo political leaders from reprivatized ministry of darkness?

Keep blaming your fellow criminals that are in opposition.

I can see you rep IPOB. I will shock you. There is no real difference between the "zoo" and your IPOB. As we speak, there is no document specifying the the political, economic, social, educational, etc. blueprint of IPOB as a nation-building vehicle. If you get your Biafra, you'll be worse than Nigeria. Believe me.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by festacman(m): 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Reference:

grin... then he should not have said he could fix it dear. ...that is integrity. Don't we all complain about dishonest service we get everytime from our artisans.... claiming they could do stuff way above their competencies.

You simply cannot wangle your way out of this.... do you want me to use the scenario of the quack doctor...builder...or the traditionally dishonest tailor (now that Christmas is at hand) and their endless excuses.... same thing. Politicians like them tell too many lies claiming to be and to do what they are not and not capable only for gullible Nigerians like you to buy into the false narrative. Mr President simply cannot deliver but is too dishonest to admit it. Cool, he is a politician. So some may understand.

But spare a thought for young Macron of France or the tireless May of Britain. Who gives them the chance. Much hailed in Nigeria as young and energetic, the French are not interested in Nigeria type dishonest sentimemt and are not waiting to give him ten terms to deliver. Their own dividends of democracy they want now. They want their car on the road before Christmas even if it came to the garage in spare parts.

That is a serious people who don't HOPE on their leaders but MAKE them perform by force. Sit there and wait for repairs you hear while they cruise around in armoured SUV's. The black man is just dull.
Black man is not dull. He is impatient and functions on emotions. Many ideas we adopt from the developed world took time to incubate. But African man will find it difficult to develop something he will not benefit from now in the interest of posterity.

By the way Mr Macron is struggling in France.
Re: We Have Darkness Because We Have Incompetent People Managing Our Economy-fashola by lungimiranza: 6:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
The speech was made in march 2015 at bola tinubu 7th colloquium when he was gov of lagos state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ministerial Nomination: Tension Grips APC As President Targets Experts, Non-apc / 12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.