Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

"We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos (461 Views)

Cars, Laptops Recovered As EFCC Arrest Three 'Yahoo' Boys In Lagos. Photos / EFCC Arrests Another 14 Yahoo Boys In Lagos State. / EFCC Arrests 15 Yahoo Boys In Lagos; Charms, Cars, SIM Cards, Coffins Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by EzegeNG: 10:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
Male traders in Yaba market mocked women who staged a peaceful protest to demand they stop the habit of touching any female passing through the market or a prospective female customer.

The protesters were campaigning against , harassment, objectification, groping, catcalling of women and girls in Nigerian markets.

But the traders fired back at them calling them 'ashawos'.
Yaba market male traders are well known for touching women who pass through the road where the market is situated, inapproriately.

According to a Nigerian lady who took to her twitter handle to narrate how they were mesmerized by some street urchins on the process of preaching against sexual harassment, they're equally harassed..

Read her tweet below;

An interesting day today guys. I was at the #MarketMarchYaba and just because we said "stop touching us", they booed us, called us prostitutes, lesbians and jobless people. They also threw pure water at us, one landed right on my chest. A guy even touched me TWICE!!!
She went further to share a video of what transpired and wrote;
I forgot this part. "How dare you say no to harassment? Holy Ghooooost fire"

Watch the video

Source;
https://zenithnaija.com/street-urchins-calls-holy-ghost-fire-on-ladies-protesting-against-sexual-abuse-in-lagos-2/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by EzegeNG: 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
More
Re: "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
And u expect me to believe that one sachet of water landed on ur chest??
Show me the chest or...
I dont believe it
Simple!
Re: "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by EzegeNG: 3:01am On Dec 16, 2018
undecided
Re: "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by EzegeNG: 3:16am On Dec 16, 2018
See more

Re: "We're Feminist Stop Touching Us" Campaigners Embarrassed By Yaba Boys In Lagos by darfay: 3:17am On Dec 16, 2018
When you dressed seductively for such a sensitive campaign what do you expect of the street urchins

In saner climes those dudes who have been chilling off in prison for harassment

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Says He Was On His Way To Church With Gun To Fulfill Prophecy' / House Help Watches While Baby Chokes To Death / VIDEO Of How Man Caught Fraudster That Duped Him, See Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.