Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users (29462 Views)

Whatsapp Introduces Screen Sharing For Video Calls / Whatsapp Introduces 'view Once,' Which Deletes Media After It Has Been Viewed / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by HeWrites(m): 6:29am On Dec 16, 2018
In October this year, WhatsApp introduced Picture-in-Picture (PIP) feature on Android beta app. The feature allows users to view videos inside WhatsApp in a floating window while you still continue to navigate in the chat window. This feature supports videos from YouTube, Instagram, Twitter Facebook and others.

After the new Picture-in-Picture feature has been in test mode for months, the feature is finally making its way to stable Android users. The update is being rolled out with the new WhatsApp version 2.18.280 on Play Store.

The messaging platform is also working on bring a lot of new features soon. The iPhone app recently got new group calling button, and the same is expected to make its way to the Android app too. Right now, if you want to make a group audio or video call, you need to call a recipient, and then add other participants. When this new feature rolls out, you will be able to add participants right before placing the call.

There are also reports of Dark Mode coming to the messaging app, which would not only make the text appear nicer, but also help in improving the battery life on smartphones, especially OLED screen smartphones.

There are some features that have already made its way into the app such as the ability to reply to messages right from the notification drop down panel. There are also reports of new feature in development where the drop down notification panel will also show a sneak peak of photos and videos that you receive.

https://www.grimesgeek.com/2315/whatsapp-rollout-new-version-with-picture-in-picture-feature-for-android-users/

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Ejadike(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2018
Mark Zuckerberg is just dominating the tech space

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Fash20: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2018
Ejadike:
Mark Zuckerberg is just dominating the tech space

True talk... From facebook to whatsapp to Instagram to ...

11 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Akachukwu42(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2018
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by jom28gy(m): 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
How come I have not witnessed it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by computerboy: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2018
jom28gy:
How come I have not witnessed it

Supported only from android 8.0

OP forgot to add that

8 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by jom28gy(m): 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
Yes I android 8.0,that's tecno,w2

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by alukstea(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
Just when you think nothing can be done they come up with something ....

Leaves me wondering what next

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by warrenweste(m): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2018
He should introduce an option to. Retract message on Facebook like it's on WhatsApp

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Mcdreamy15: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
grin
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Radiohead6(f): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Can you please explain this to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by olayemi123h(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
computerboy:

OP forgot to add that
thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
This has been available on my Camon X Pro for a while now.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Abiodunspectre(m): 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
computerboy:

OP forgot to add that
Yes
Most android 8.0 phones
My Camon X Pro does it even with the video call.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Xinzu: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
Fash20:

True talk... From facebook to whatsapp to Instagram to ...

nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by JABAIDO(m): 12:06am On Dec 17, 2018
Abiodunspectre:

Yes
Most android 8.0 phones
My Camon X Pro does it even with the video call.
What of the go edition?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Lexusgs430: 6:08am On Dec 17, 2018
HoleDriller:
WhatsApp is still learning work where telegram is... tongue

Indeed.... That telegram platform full of scammers and ponzi 419 crooks.........

17 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by faithfull18(f): 6:30am On Dec 17, 2018
Ok.
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by sureteeboy(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed.... That telegram platform full of scammers and ponzi 419 crooks.........
Lol. You'll just discover you've been added to such groups without your consent

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by remi4ever(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2018
I no kuku geh phone!!
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by madgoat(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2018
Rubbish angry
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by celestialAgent(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2018
Dude should just introduce official dark version of the app. It is so terrifying to use at night.

Kudos to telegram.

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by loomer: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2018
I've been using this shit since last year na or early this year
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by NotBeenPaid: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2018
computerboy:

OP forgot to add that

You're lying dude. The feature is also compatible with Android 7. I've e been using that feature for more than a month now

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by bid4rich(m): 7:50am On Dec 17, 2018
remi4ever:
I no kuku geh phone!!

Did you use typewriter to type this one? grin yeye

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Gariki: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2018
undecided
Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by Flintstone06(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2018
Team GBwhatsapp ❤️

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Introduces PIP Feature For Android Users by AlphaStyles(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2018
what i have been thinking is about to come to pass GROUP AUDIO AND VIDEO CALL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Bis Data Bundle / Which Of These Items Do You Still Use After Buying A Smart Phone And Why? / Nokia 5.1 Plus Set To Be Launched Today. See Full Specifications And Images.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.