Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News (541 Views)

Gbajabiamila Names House Committee Chairmen, Skips Own Campaign DG, Jubrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2018
I have just read Dele Momodu's piece about the cloning/impostor propaganda and I have to say, Dele Momodu is, to say the least, a superb journalist.

With the advent of relatively cheap internet connection, fake news have become the norm in our society. Fake news induce paranoia. You might see a well detailed post on facebook for example, about how dangerous it is for you to eat carrots and boiled eggs in the space of 6 hours, or one about ridiculous everyday activities they claim cause cancer. The carriers of fake news may even source for a graphic photo on the internet and incorporate with it, a fake story claiming Nigeria is where the tragedy struck. It is exhausting and is the major reason I quit facebook.

I remember a while back when Buhari's government wanted to crack down on hate speeches and fake news online. People were made to feel their basic human rights to freedom of speech were being compromised. This was also a result of fake news.

The pregnancy of yesterday has brought forth a child. His name is Fake News and because he wasn't aborted, sane people, people who have spent millions of Naira educating themselves home and abroad, people with Degrees,. Master's degree, PhDs etc are opening their mouths to say the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is either an impostor or a clone. A clone! Even the foreign media is subtly throwing shades at us and laughing their butts off in private.

That is the power of fake news.
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by DrGoodman: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:
I have just read Dele Momodu's piece about the cloning/impostor propaganda and I have to say, Dele Momodu is, to say the least, a superb journalist.

With the advent of relatively cheap internet connection, fake news have become the norm in our society. Fake news induce paranoia. You might see a well detailed post on facebook for example, about how dangerous it is for you to eat carrots and boiled eggs in the space of 6 hours, or one about ridiculous everyday activities they claim cause cancer. The carriers of fake news may even source for a graphic photo on the internet and incorporate with it, a fake story claiming Nigeria is where the tragedy struck. It is exhausting and is the major reason I quit facebook.

I remember a while back when Buhari's government wanted to crack down on hate speeches and fake news online. People were made to feel their basic human rights to freedom of speech were being compromised. This was also a result of fake news.

The pregnancy of yesterday has brought forth a child. His name is Fake News and because he wasn't aborted, sane people, people who have spent millions of Naira educating themselves home and abroad, people with Degrees,. Master's degree, PhDs etc are opening their mouths to say the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is either an impostor or a clone. A clone! Even the foreign media is subtly throwing shades at us and laughing their butts off in private.

Whether jubrin or not, he's been terrible with his failures as a leader.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by bedspread: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:

We keep going back in Circles concerning this Issue !

Let this Big Stain on the Map of Nigeria be cleared once and for all!

An innocent person has no fear!

The President does not need to engage himself in any ungodly thing!

Proving Himself is Simple!

As an individual you can do what u want!
As a President of a Nation , you have to do what the citizens want!

An independent free from any manipulation Live Interview should be done!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

Whether jubrin or not, he's been terrible with his failures as a leader.
I'm an early '90s baby and by 1999, I knew right from wrong. Throughout my existence, there has never been a time when Nigerians didn't complain bitterly about the sitting government. It was after Yar'adua died, we started praising him. Maybe if Buhari had died in his first year in office, we would be praising him too. I really hope Atiku wins so I can come back online and say I told you so. It is ignorant to blame the president alone for failures. The government is not one person.
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by DrGoodman: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:

I'm an early '90s baby and by 1999, I knew right from wrong. Throughout my existence, there has never been a time when Nigerians didn't complain bitterly about the sitting government. It was after Yar'adua died, we started praising him. Maybe if Buhari had died in his first year in office, we would be praising him too. I really hope Atiku wins so I can come back online and say I told you so. It is ignorant to blame the president alone for failures. The government is not one person.

That shouldn't excuse the fact that he's been terrible, worse than the rest.
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Abfinest007(m): 11:07am On Dec 16, 2018
this write-up u just wrote is fake just as d news u are referring to as fake news
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by LeOstrich: 11:10am On Dec 16, 2018
[s]
Earthbound:

[/s]

Why won't there be fake news as you claim when the Minister of Information was a major purveyor of fake news when he was in opposition.
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Ehiscotch(m): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2018
This is a very insightful post, especially the part about Facebook and how it is easily spread and believed.

It is the same thing with many conspiracy theories and conjectures out there. People cook up lies in a most delicious and tantalizing way that their audience who ought to know better are most times spellbound not by the taste of the food but the delicate and meticulous manner which it was prepared. This people take their time to fashion out claims, half truths to fill whatever vacuum their audience have concerning an issue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2018
DrGoodman:

That shouldn't excuse the fact that he's been terrible, worse than the rest.
The reason most of us have this image is because Buhari is only the second ever Military President to become a civilian President. I remember how Obasanjo was also scorned by Nigerians especially the Igbos. If there was internet back then, trust me, Obj would have had it way worse than this. Now there's easy availability of information that's why the people feel they know it all. The truth is PDP panicked in the last moments of their 16-year rule as they saw power slipping away. The stole the country blind and handed over a government that had been baptized with immense corruption levels. So no matter what a President does in our dear nation, the people under him in the pyramid of citizenship will almost always work for their own pockets rather than for the greater good of all.
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Npfn: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2018
APC father of fakenews buhari is a fool big time

1 Like

Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by LeOstrich: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2018
Flash back on how Lai Muhammed with the help of the e-rodent crew of alausa planted a fake story on NL asserting that Asari Dokubo was on board the infamous private jet ferrying raw cash to SA to procure weapons in the black market for our troops fighting Boko Haram.

Just yesterday, lai got served his own dose of his own medicine whereby he made an obscure troll thread go viral by taking the bait and using his office to make it news.

The thread in question has since been deleted by the mods. The thread didn't even last 10mins before being pulled down before Lai latched unto it and made it viral by spreading fake news - something he threatened to clampdown on.

If you recall the gaffe that Osunbade's resignation was being planned out in Aso Rock by a group of Northern politicians was made viral by Lai Muhammed first when he issued a press conference debunking the allegation thereby memeing a troll bait into the rumour mill.

Lai has so enmeshed himself in his own bullsh1t that he can't differentiate satire from real news.

This is what chronic pathological and serial lying does to a grown ass man who is supposed to be the official source of genuine authentic information.

I am bringing Lai's second greatest lie where he cited his own planted propaganda on NL as source.

You have to feel sorry for this assed out clown.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4791350_screen20170126224810_jpeg4be4dca1d2fa3f808e559ad5b15c1388

https://www.nairaland.com/3595025/lai-mohammed-spreading-fake-news#53162380
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2018
LeOstritch, did the South African government not seize the said money? Were Israelis not arrested in connection with the arms procurement in SA? Did several prominent Nigerians not confess to having collected an amount of money from the supposed arms deal money? Let us think with our heads rather than with our hearts.

Lai Mohammed. The first thing working against him is his first name and you can be sure that anybody with a below average IQ can work with that. It is a subliminal deposit in the mind of the average Nigerian. Abi is Lai Mohammed the biggest lying politician Nigeria has ever produced? You may say yes because you've been programmed to believe...
Lai=lie
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by LeOstrich: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2018
[s]
Earthbound:
LeOstritch, did the South African government not seize the said money? Were Israelis not arrested in connection with the arms procurement in SA? Did several prominent Nigerians not confess to having collected an amount of money from the supposed arms deal money? Let us think with our heads rather than with our hearts.

Lai Mohammed. The first thing working against him is his first name and you can be sure that anybody with a below average IQ can work with that. It is a subliminal deposit in the mind of the average Nigerian. Abi is Lai Mohammed the biggest lying politician Nigeria has ever produced? You may say yes because you've been programmed to believe...
Lai=lie
[/s]

Lai Mohammed claimed that Asari Dukobo was onboard the chartered jet.

The news had already broke on the detention and arrest of the Nigerian officials onboard the flight.

Lai Mohammed wanted to create the impression that Asari Dokubo and Pst Oritsejafor (who are both Niger Deltans) where some how directly involved in procuring ammunition into the country to which he (Lai Mohammed) wanted to make a link that Boko Haram was being financed by Niger Deltans and CAN leadership under Oristejafor.

That was what Lai Mohammed intended by roping Asari Dokubo and making the connection with the jet being owned by Oristejafor.

H e planted that fake story here and will later broadcast it as APC spokesperson. When confronted by Asari and the Nigerian govt, he will refer to NL as his source.

There is no greater purveyor and peddler of fake news like Lai Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by DrGoodman: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2018
Earthbound:

The reason most of us have this image is because Buhari is only the second ever Military President to become a civilian President. I remember how Obasanjo was also scorned by Nigerians especially the Igbos. If there was internet back then, trust me, Obj would have had it way worse than this. Now there's easy availability of information that's why the people feel they know it all. The truth is PDP panicked in the last moments of their 16-year rule as they saw power slipping away. The stole the country blind and handed over a government that had been baptized with immense corruption levels. So no matter what a President does in our dear nation, the people under him in the pyramid of citizenship will almost always work for their own pockets rather than for the greater good of all.

Go ahead, keep blaming and blaming, so predictable, so pathetic and backward thinking party APC
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
"If President Muhammadu Buhari really wants us to believe that he is not Jubril Aminu Al Sudani I challenge him to have a two-hour inter-active no-holds-barred live media chat on national television.

I challenge him to take off his hat and let us examine his head and hair.

I challenge him to let us measure his ears and inspect his earlobes.

I challenge him to conduct a one-hour non-stop conversation in Fufude, the Fulani language, on national television.

I challenge him to explain how it is that he is now a good deal shorter in height than he was two years ago.

I challenge him to tell us how it is that two years ago he looked like his Minister of Information’s (Lai Mohammed’s) grandfather, but today he looks like the Minister’s grandson.

I challenge him to explain why he has not been going back to the United Kingdom for regular medical check-ups after his “miraculous” recovery from a strange and debilitating illness that ravaged and wrecked his body and that almost sent him to his grave.

I challenge him to call out Eric Stuart Joyce, the former Brirish MP, former Army officer and former MI6 agent, for declaring him dead sometime last year and for accusing the Nigerian intelligensia, authorities, media, intelligence agencies and ruling elite of being complicit in the conspiracy and the Nigerian people of being the most gullible and naive in the world.

I challenge him to explain why he did not appear with any of the key world leaders in any of the official pictures during his last trip to Paris.

I challenge him to explain why President Donald Trump described him as “lifeless” and ordered his staff never to bring him before him again.

I challenge him to explain why the First Lady, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, claims that two faceless, nameless, shadowy, strange and all-powerful individuals, whose shoes other government officials “lick,” are running the affairs of our country and not him.

I challenge him to explain why he has refused to give one formal press interview to Nigerian journalists and on Nigerian soil for the last two years.

I challenge him to deny the fact that body-doubles were often used in the civilised world during the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s for security reasons and they often represented Presidents, Prime Ministers and Heads of State at official functions and events.

Finally, I challenge him to tell us whether it was a coincidence that Haibu Almu, the Nigerian Consul-General to the Sudan and NIA agent that allegedly discovered Jubril Aminu Al Sudani and proposed him as a credible and convincing body-double for the ailing Buhari in 2016, was suddenly knifed to death in Khartoum in May 2018 just a few weeks after his alleged role in the whole sordid “body-double” saga was made public."
Re: Buhari Or Jubrin? The Power Of Fake News by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
A large number of nigeria are fools...

1. You have a president who was looking very old and weak, suddenly he became strong looking 15years younger than he used to and you didn't ask questions

2. You have a president who was said to have problem on his left ear and he traveld abroad only to come back after some months it became open that he can't speak his native language and the presidency said its because he went for surgery and maybe they took out part of his brain that's why he can't speak his native language FULFUDE anymore and all of you still think he's brain healthy enough to lead a country?

3. You have a president that was tall only to return back after few months shorter and the presidency said its because he's wearing heels before but doctors advice him to stop wearing them and about 5million people believe this lies?

4. You have a president that refuse to show up for debate upon all the impostor saga and he's planning on going to London the day of presidential debate come JANUARY 2019 and you all aren't asking questions

5. You have a suppose president addressing the very important issue of being an IMPOSTOR outside the shaw of the country only to be covered by few selected media at a long distance and you all are comfortable

SERIOUSLY NIGERIA IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE BE IT TODAY OR IN VERY FAR FUTURE WITH THE BRAINS THAT DONT ASK QUESTIONS

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Wishes Pmb Happy Birthday / President Buhari Will Win Southsouth With A Wide Margin In 2019 - Akpabio / Awilo, Favour, Chidimma Performed Last Night At Stanel-World Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.