Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade (548 Views)

Actor Yemi Solade And Wife Celebrates Wedding Anniversary,shares Romantic Photos / Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade by reportminds: 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
A drama unfolded at this year’s edition of the Best of Nollywood Awards ceremony when Yemi Solade and Femi Adebayo were both announced as the winner of the award for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Yoruba).

When it was time to take the award home, people wondered who would make the sacrifice and leave it for the other. Eventually, Yemi Solade asked Adebayo to take the plaque home.

Speaking with Sunday Scoop, Solade stated that he gave the plaque to Adebayo because he (Adebayo) lived in Ibadan, the host state for this year’s BON. He said, “I wasn’t surprised that the movie, Irolabi, did well. When I saw it, I thought I did a lot of work. When they announced two persons as the winners of that category, it was like a comedy but I guess they have their reasons. I gave the plaque to Adebayo since he stays in Ibadan. If they make another award, I will collect it. But I enjoyed the fact that I won the best actor and it is now part of my CV.”

Solade admitted that the category was very competitive, saying the other nominees, such as Bolanle Ninalowo and Adebayo, had a good year too. He said, “It was a competitive one but I think I deserved it and I needed the award as a reward for my effort this year. Some people felt I was old but it was about the role, not the age. I was given a role by a producer, Lekan Quadri, who I didn’t know before. Though we shared the award, I still rate myself higher than Adebayo because he played the lead role in his movie, Etiko Onigedu.”

https://www.reportminds.com/2018/12/im-better-actor-than-femi-adebayo.html?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade by itspzpics(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade by Jonadull: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2018
Misleading headline.
Yèyé blogger
Re: I'm A Better Actor Than Femi Adebayo Despite Sharing BON Award - Yemi Solade by goldbim(f): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
To an extent,it's called Respect and also shows maturity on yemi solade's part..the most important aspect of it is that your work is being recognised.. The rest is just for publicity..

(1) (Reply)

I Worked Harder Than Teni Peruzzi Cries Out After Losing Soundcity MVP ‘best New / Simi And Her Bridesmaid Dancing ‘shaku Shaku’ At Her Trad Wedding Yesterday / Tonto Dikeh Founds Love Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.