Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Waves(a Touching Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Waves(a Touching Story) (447 Views)

He Needs It Now, (a Touching Story, Must Read! ) / Amanda The Mother. A Touching Story / TOUCHING STORY:- The Life I Didn’t Wish For (episode 14, 15, & 16) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waves(a Touching Story) by Akukom: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2018
They were on horses, galloping, the hoofs making dotted lines as they progressed, the sun was slightly hot with the waves splashing the shore, retreating and splashing the shores again. There were people playing by the water and they looked at them as they rode past, a toddler clapped. It seemed like a scene out of movie; a romantic movie. Her hair flapping in the air, her fragrance in the wind, his horse behind her, chasing hers. It was sexy the way her body bounced with the motion of the horse. The synergy, the rhythm, the balance wow, she really could ride he thought to himself. He looked behind, the jockeys were running after them. It was like him, and a princess escaped from a castle and the guards were chasing them. When they finally stopped she was laughing.
“I told you I could ride a horse” she said in between giggles
“Who would have believed you,” he said clapping his hands, “wow, wow wow.”
“Ha ha ha.”
“I am actually jealous you rode the horse this good.”
“Ahh shut up, you dirty mind.”
The jockeys reached where the horses stopped. They wore pleasant expressions on their faces. One of them asked him if they would go one more time? He looked at her and she shook her head. So he jumped down from the horse and rushed to help her come down telling the jockey not to worry, not to worry. He paid them with a tip.
“God bless you” they chorused
“And you too” He said.
“You are so happy today huh baby?’
“You make happy.”
“Awwwwww” she said putting her hands in his.
A man, with cameral hung on his neck walked in front of them saying “ahh oga this pose go fine for picture well well. Just stay like that make I take?”
“No no no no, thank you” he replied, waving his hand
“Oga this pose ehn, if you shake again e go spoil. Make I just take am like this?”
He looked at her, she was smiling. “Ok” he said and held her closer. The photographer took a couple of shot, and she jumped on him kissing his neck.
“Ahh oga..”
“My Friend just take the picture.”
“Ha ha this oga they vex.”
She wore a khaki bum shorts and vintage shirt tied at the midriff, that exposed a lot of cleavage, while he was clad only in a sky blue beach short; he had left his shirt on the mat. They were walking towards the mat, after having pointed to where the mat was so the photographer could bring the pictures after he had printed them.
“It’s tiring walking on beach,” she quipped.
“I know right, it’s like the younger brother of a quick sand.”
“Yeah like I am only going to let you go because I’m still learning how to be a quick sand.”
“Then in some places it will be like damn I’m getting good at this.”
“Other places it will be like damn I suck at this, I cant even suck a feet.”
“Look at you.”
“No, look at you.”
“You are crazy.”
“No, you are crazy ha ha.”
He remembered the first time they met. At the pool party. She was sitting on the edge of the pool, using her leg to play with the water; the ripples going forth. The music was loud. The people were going crazy: drinking alcohol, dancing, and playing games. In the midst of all this he was really surprised to see her looking sombre, sitting almost still, except for circular motion of her legs in the pool. So he sat by her and she didn’t even flinch. He remembered telling her that the way she was sitting, hunched over, it seemed she cried the pool. He didn’t know even why he said it; it felt like something he shouldn’t have said but she just started laughing so he smiled to himself thinking I’m a natural at this, until he noticed she was crying. He honestly didn’t know what to say. Then she said do you know why I am sitting by the deep end? He thought about it then said you are mermaid and by midnight you legs turn to fishtail? She laughed and said I was looking for a sign. She had paused rotating her legs and now she continued. He joined her, removing his shoes and dipping his legs in the water; it felt good. They sat in silence rotating their legs in the water then she said, my friend Kemi brought me here, she has gone to make out somewhere with her boyfriend, she left me with a couple of guys but I wasn’t feeling them nor was I in the mood to be social, they noticed and told me they would be back. She thought the party would be a good idea, remind me of what it’s like to be alive but frankly it didn’t help much. What makes you alive is not some stupid party you do not know anybody at. I know she means well but I have been suicidal for a while now and this was the last thing I needed, I mean she knows I am not the party type, since I lost my mom I have been going through severe depression. Look at my arm, I have been slicing myself with razor. I feel like there’s nothing to live for; I’m tired of life, honestly I am, so I sat by this pool planning to slip in unnoticed except God gave a sign, a sign telling me not to give up, a sign that God was looking at me now, this moment. Then you came siting by my side on the edge of the pool telling me it looked like I cried the pool.
Look at him, whistling, rubbing my hand as if he is here but I know he is far away in thoughts, he always whistles when he is far in thoughts, I hope whenever he goes away in the mind he is thinking good things about us; I always say imagination should be used for imagining the best, life is cruel already no need imagining monstrosities.
“Baby,” she said poking him
“Yes love”
“What were you thinking about?”
“Nothing, I’m just soaking in the moment”
“Hmmmmm”
“What? I’m serious. Some processes cant be reduced to verbal explanations. Let’s just say my mind is reminding me of how much of a lucky guy I am. See how you are smiling. I love it when you smile like that”
She ran ahead of him. He chased her.
They arrived at where their mat was, unevenly shaped on the sand, she adjusted the edges and knelt on the mat, opened the basket, the napkin fell on the mat and she picked a bottle of water, rushing it, some dripping on her neck and sliding down her chest. He picked up a can of Heineken, and said I’ll be right back, she stopped drinking the water to ask him what, but he was already walking away. He walked towards a guy sitting a couple of feet behind their mat, selling little wooden statutes.
The sculptor had a weather beaten straw hat, and sat on timbre. He pretended he hadn’t seen Josh coming and rearranged his wooden pieces. Josh on getting to him, formed a shadow over him, the man looked up.
“Oh you are back” The man exclaimed, quickly looking at the Heineken, then at his figurines
“yes”
“Oh that is good,” the man said rearranging his figurines
“Yes, thank you”
“No problem sir, This for me? Thank sir, but I don’t drink.”
“Oh,” Josh said, then added, “how much is this canoe with people inside”
Three thousand Naira, but for you, I give two thousand”
Ok, let me have it. Here you go.
“Thank you, thank you thank you thank you very much sir. I’m sitted here if you still want to go and play in the water, I can watch your things again, no problem”
“Ok man. I appreciate”
Josh turned around.
Seems the tides have risen. Look at how she is seated, her hair on free fall dancing with the wind; I can just stand here looking at her forever. Wish the sculptor was a painter. It will be perfect to have a drawing of her facing the waves, the waves rising and bowing to her. Your royal highness. Love would make you wish you were many things: a painter, a dancer, a singer. With her I am already a King anyway.
You make it look like its magic
Cause I don’t see nobody, nobody but you
You you
Im never confused…
Making your man reminisce the weeknd aren’t you now? That’s what I like about you, you bring out the sensuality in me. Oh look at the tallow glow of the sun, that would have been in the painting, the sun, staring at you in bashful envy.
He, for a moment stood there in front of the sculptor, transfixed, staring at her, with the breeze blowing his shorts, processing as he would say, then he noticed a blip in the waves, looked closer, and it was the hands of somebody. There was a woman by the shore shouting. He dashed towards the sea. Iveren saw him dash past her and was confused. She stood up, everybody’s attention was now at the sea. When she realised what was going on, she put her hands to her mouth. Is he insane she said to herself.
Bare feet, wind slapping ear lopes. People staring. There is usually a life guard where is he? Where is he? Nobody else seemed to be running towards the sea. The woman, is she the mother? Her screams are louder now, and frantic. The tides are really high. Wet shore. Water comes at his ankles. He squinted. Saw the figure and dived into the water. Cold, cold cold. He saw a wave coming and buried his head, then brought up again after the wave passed, saw another and buried his head again. He was pushing under the wave, and brought his head up again. Another wave again. So many waves my God. He went under when..
Continue: https://akukom.com/waves/

Source: [url]Akukom.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Mother's Love / Suicide Note / Download Free E-book On Life Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.