Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date (21033 Views)

Till Date I Still Don't Know The Usefulness Of This Thing / All The Times ASUU Has Gone On Strike Since 1999 / Here Are 15 Times ASUU Has Gone On Strike Since 1999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by seenter84: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
All this things day affect people destiny

2 Likes

Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by gabsmilez(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Our university system don become season film
EbukaHades10:
EbukaHades10:
i tell you bro
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by stanliwise(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
PStacks:
Doing same thing over and again and expecting a different result is DeFinition of insanity..

It's safe to assume ASUU is a Mad organization..

Strike every now and den..

Change Tactics for once.. mbanu..

please profer a solution.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by nickxtra(m): 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Not only that Buhari didnt fund education, he appointed one olodo as Minister of Education. I dont even know his name
So olodos have been Ministers of Education since the advent of ASUU strikes? Get your head examine, pls

3 Likes

Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Not only that Buhari didnt fund education, he appointed one olodo as Minister of Education. I dont even know his name
Don't blame Buhari for appointing the current minister . Even during Oby Ekewsili's time ASUU went on strike. Well just the way Festus Kenyamo criticized this government and was later appointed is similar way Mallam Adamu Adamu did on national dailies
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by opribo(m): 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
That union have become fully apolitical, they use the strike tactics to embarrass any government. Once their leaders are settled they resume work.

Incoming president Atiku needs to overhaul the entire union and find a common ground for meaningful negotiations to save us this trauma of repetitive strike for fathom reasons.

Other unions that have become apolitical includes NLC, NMA, ASUP, NUPENG, TLC, PENGASSAN, NURTW

2 Likes

Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
PStacks:
Doing same thing over and again and expecting a different result is DeFinition of insanity..

It's safe to assume ASUU is a Mad organization..

Strike every now and den..

Change Tactics for once.. mbanu..

If you don't use force to get what you want in this country ,you are just wasting your time. Well same method you criticize has been fruitful. If not for the struggle many universities wouldn't witness some structures going on. Just look at the way many public secondary schools are. Many are dead while some are still struggling to survive
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Mcreloaded(m): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
I know of a particular state that it was not ASSU but instead the governor that closed the school for 1whole year.
It is not only ASSU but govrnment that also exercise this power
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Maozija(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Lol,nigeria,a country where everything seems normal.
you'll hear them say and i quote,'it's not a new thing under the sun'
pathetic people!
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Jothamthompson: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Jason555:
There's even a video compiled for it... WATCH VIDEO HERE

Video? Fear God
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by RoastedCorn(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sammy07:
Imagine

And will that stop the lecturers from this rubbish saying of theirs "A is for God, B is for Me, C is for the brilliant dudes, While the rest can be shared among the students"

U must be a funaabite ?? ���
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by dododawa1: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
mumu
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by martinif: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2018
So, where is the change. APC?
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by peacebe1815: 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Then you are the worse olodo if you don't know common current affairs.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Maj196(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
Even when you manage to graduate one company will be looking for someone with 10 years experience and not more than 26 years old.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by albaniy1: 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
In the era of pdp ASUU embark on 2years 9 months strike

While In Apc only 2 months 2 weeks but people are here abusing..... Why!!!?
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by EngrHumble(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
I don't know why ASUU has not Banned from Nigerian universities, cos they are also one of the major problems in Nigeria education sector
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Topmaike007(m): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
just as pdp have been appointing olodo for the past 16 yrs dat warant 5 months strike in their tenure respectively
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Jaguntemmy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Then you are an olodo
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by jzamani(m): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
[quote author=seenter84 post=73928979]All this things day affect people destiny[/quote) I swear me I done tire
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Nasir123(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
Almost every year!
This people will not ki.l person grin

Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Sammy07: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
sirdammy92:

U must be a funaabite ?? ���
Nope Unilorite
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Asiri1991: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
I started with ASUU strike and ended with ASUU strike. Team 2009 to 2013.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Seerach(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
I think ASUU is the wold best striker of the year.
No patience like a shaken Charger. We pray that the strike would be call off soon.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by s4short: 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
ASUU is one of the major problems of the Nigerian tertiary education system yet they continue to point fingers at everyone else but themselves forgetting that their strikes have caused equal if not more damage than government's inaction, how can you continue to kill something claiming you want to make it live longer, the problem is these people have forgotten that universities exist because of students and anything that is to the detriment of students is damaging to the school.

Even our uneducated forefathers knew that doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is tantamount to foolishness yet our so called intellectuals choose to continually play the same tune whilst expecting a different dance step and they hide under the guise that it is the only language the government understands without asking themselves if they have ever learnt to speak a different language.

it is very instructive to note that between 2009 till 2018 (about 6 strikes in between) ASUU has been striking for one same thing while it may seem that the government's have not been attentive enough it is also wise to note that the root problem is a strike was used to force and coerce government into signing an agreement that almost can't be implemented hence the need to continually push and force successive governments with about "6 strikes" without still being able to achieve full implementation. As a matter of fact it is high time the leadership of ASUU begins to hire seasoned negotiators to negotiate on their behalf because they have shown they lack the ability to do so. But first they must learn to negotiate without having to go on strike which on its own influences negotiations.

The most ridiculous part is their claim that they are striking because universities are underfunded as if there is any sector in this country that is well funded, so should the whole country be shut down because of that ? Definitely not, imagine if healthcare is shutdown because of underfunding or the airports shutdown or the judicial workers and the list is endless, they currently have no reason that warrants a strike action, what happened to lobbying, media , protests etc , the painful part is they have never proffered any solutions to this issue of underfunding and end to their incessant strikes yet they continue to frustrate the innovative solutions of government whilst claiming to be the protector of the common man.

The truth is, in this age and time continous strike actions will only reduce their relevance and further spur the need for a completely privatised tertiary educational sector sooner rather than later and they will definitely have themselves to blame.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by Casemiro(m): 6:24am On Dec 18, 2018
> it is well

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by tete7000(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2018
ASUU - Association of confused people.
Re: The History Of ASUU Strike Since 2001 Till Date by igbanbajo(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
Starting the reporting from 1999 makes history of ASUU strikes in Nigeria incomplete. Update thread to start from 1992 when their first ever strike happened.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Denies Introducing Points System Option For Screening / 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins / ASUU Clears The Air On Receiving Money From Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.