Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

10 Tips For Self-publishing A Multi-author Anthology - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Tips For Self-publishing A Multi-author Anthology (206 Views)

Working Law Religiously For Self And Family At ₦225,000 Monthly / 10 Tips To Achieve Anything You Want In Life / Want To Become A Multi-millionaire? Do These 15 Things Immediately. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips For Self-publishing A Multi-author Anthology by IssacharProject: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
10 Tips For Self-Publishing A Multi-Author Anthology

Self-publishing doesn’t just make it easier to publish your own work, it also facilitates the publishing of anthologies, whether a collection of short stories or non-fiction essays. This year I put together an anthology of non-fiction writing for Ada Lovelace Day, the international celebration of the achievements of women in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM), which I organise.

I started Ada Lovelace Day in 2009 as a day of blogging about women in tech, and each year it has steadily grown. This year on 15 October we held our flagship science cabaret event in association with Imperial College London and the Biochemical Society, and there were well over 40 grassroots events in eleven countries, including Belgium, Brazil, Ecuador, Italy, Uganda and the USA. We also had masses of press.

But whilst events are fantastic for focusing attention, also I wanted to produce something that would last a bit longer and so A Passion for Science: Stories of Discovery and Invention, was born. It is a fantastic collection of essays examining the lives of some of the most inspiring women in STEM, including scuba-diving ichthyologist Eugenie Clarke, known as The Shark Lady, Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell, whose discovery revolutionised our understanding of how stars could behave, and, of course, Ada Lovelace herself, the first computer programmer.
Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/10-tips-for-self-publishing-a-multi-author-anthology/

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate Properties / Scholarship / You Have Current Union Domicilary Account With Visa Card. Let Cash Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.