Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison (1077 Views)

Sex-For-Marks: Richard Akindele Loses Appeal Challenging Conviction / Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by enunlewa: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
A former lecturer in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Prof. Richard Iyiola Akindele, who was dragged to court for demanding sex to pass one of his students, Monica Osagie, on Monday was sentenced to two years in prison.

Akindele had earlier changed his plea from ‘not guilty’ to ‘guilty.’

The prosecutor, Mr. Shogunle Adenekan said all parties in the matter have reached a plea bargain and pleaded for a suspended sentence for the accused.

Gist from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/oau-sex-for-marks-lecturer-akindele-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by enunlewa: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by kunleweb: 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2018
Damn,

1 Like

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Athena4: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Two years too small.
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by hisgrace090: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
I love that.

1 Like

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Konji na bastard
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by RoastedCorn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
Athena4:
Two years too small.
I feel like beating you up

1 Like

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Athena4: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
EastGold:

I feel like beating you up
Ah, you dey follow am enter the prison? Two yrs not enough abeg.
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Cmeo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Men should be careful with any lady, girl or woman named Monica.

Some Monica has cause the downfall of some men. Bill Clinton was impeached as US President because of a lady called Monica. This Prof. has lost his job and will spend two years under lock andkey also because of another Monica.

As for me and my goons, anything Monica is a NO-NO please. undecided

NB. Na Joke I dey Joke o. grin

2 Likes

Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by SchoolZinicc: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
Join the INT'L STUDY CENTRAL whatsapp group today and we shall be happy to entertain all your questions about studying abroad.

https:///CCt6wxH51xFEXVBbqeeWb2
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by AeroplaneApple: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Just 2 years and a suspended sentence for the accused?? Oga o
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by lightwhite: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
ehya I feel sorry for him.
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by ManTiger(m): 2:05am On Dec 18, 2018
For those saying 2yrs is too small, even if its just one week, the man is already an ex-convict by the time he comes back from prison, his name is already in international sex offenders record thanks to internet, his over 20yrs of professorship and over 30years of lecturing has completely come to halt... What else?

He'll need a serious encouragement for him not to commit suicide when he's out of the incarceration!
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Jayboi(m): 2:50am On Dec 18, 2018
A big lesson to all lecturers who feel they are untouchable. I only hope this man will not kill himself in jail. not just him and his career, his family will forever carry this shame.
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Xfactor22: 3:58am On Dec 18, 2018
Just 2 years?

That's just 1 year na

Stupid judge angry
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by nedubest(m): 4:21am On Dec 18, 2018
ehya
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2018
IMAGINE such an Embarrassment when there are PROSTITUTES every where, waiting to calm your NERVES.
A PROSTITUTE would have done an excellent JOB.
Sometimes, we need to appreciate these prostitutes especially the ones in Nigeria unlike their counterparts abroad who are cherished and recognized by Government
Re: OAU ‘sex-for-marks’ Lecturer, Akindele Sentenced To 2 Years In Prison by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 18, 2018
Athena4:
Two years too small.
He pleaded guilty to the charges against him hence the judge reduced the jail sentence

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Presco Oil Scholarship / Reading And Writing Classes For Adults In Ibadan / Importance Of Data Coding In Research Methodology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.