Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Didn’t The Vice Presidential Candidate Mention ASUU STRIKE During Debate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Didn’t The Vice Presidential Candidate Mention ASUU STRIKE During Debate (308 Views)

Ozioko Chidimma Domitila: UNN Female SUG Presidential Candidate Cries Out / The Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge, University Of Ife (Now OAU) In 1968 (Photos) / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Didn’t The Vice Presidential Candidate Mention ASUU STRIKE During Debate by leezloaded(m): 5:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Which nation is this….
Where are we going to….
Did our leaders value education…
To show how much importance the elite attach to education in Nigeria, there was a vice presidential debate last week where the words “ASUU strike” were considered not worthy of mention by the debaters or the moderator, Imoni Amarere.

Not even in passing. I felt it.

I was stuck in hellish traffic during the debate, but made sure to monitor proceedings on my smartphone thanks to mobile TV. I was yearning for that question that bordered on the strike of university lecturers and the shutting down of classrooms of tertiary institutions across the country for well over a month now. I could well have waited forever.

Someone would later explain to me that because vice presidents are constitutionally tasked with matters that pertain to the economy by their presidents, it was okay not to bother them with the ‘small matter’ of shutdown of schools at a time when illiteracy is about the biggest challenge confronting this country at the moment.

Read full article:
https://leezloaded.com/2018/12/leezloaded-views-why-didnt-the-presidential-candidate-mention-ASUU-strike-during-debate/

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Fg Should Implements Offers, Says ASUU / All Set For Registry Distinguished Lecture Of Akwa Ibom State University / 2019 List Of 5 Cheapest Universities In Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.