Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi (778 Views)

Rivers: Legislators Remove Governor Fubara's Authority To Appoint LG Caretakers / Maina's Family Says He Is Now Too Broke, On Life Support For 15 Years / Guru Maharaj Ji Asks Buhari To Appoint Him Special Adviser On Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by chieyine(m): 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
©Naija Politico

Ekiti State governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has explained why he has yet to appoint political office holders more than two months after being sworn-in.

Naija Politico reports that only the Secretary to Government (SSG), Chief of Staff (COS), Acting Head of Service (HOS), Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, as well as Special Assistant to the Deputy Governor, among few others had been appointed.

The state is yet to have a list of Commissioners and Special Advisers which the governor would have to send to the State House of Assembly for consideration and approval.

However, while addressing a news conference in Ado Ekiti on Monday, the governor attributed the sorry state of finances on ground on assuming office on Oct. 16 to the delay.

“I decided to delay appointment of politicians to government to enable me pay workers’ salaries.

“I don’t want to do media trial for anyone, so I have hired the services of a renowned audit firm to look into our finances, and the forensic state’s accounts will then be published during our 100 days in office in Jan. 2019,” he said.

The governor lamented how his predecessor, former Gov. Ayo Fayose, allegedly wasted N18b Paris Club Refund to Ekiti.

Fayemi expressed worries over how Fayose, who owed between four and eight months salary and pension arrears at the time he left office, could not defray the backlog of workers’ benefit with the refund.

The governor said he had not reneged on his commitment to offset all the outstanding salary and pension before marking his first year in office.

On the increasing wave of kidnapping and killings in the state, the governor disclosed that incentives was being given to security outfits in the state to ensure safety of lives and property.

He added that there was collaboration between the state and all security chiefs for a unique security architecture for residents to be safe and secured during the yuletide.

The governor debunked insinuation that the state collected a N11.5b Paris Club from the Federal Government, barely two months after his assumption of office.

“Let those making the allegation come with verifiable proofs to substantiate their claim. Let them come with evidence.

“I have not collected any money in the fashion of road intervention or Paris Club refund.

“Governor Fayose had the opportunity of paying the bulk of these backlogs of salaries and pensions.

“He collected the sum of N18b out of the N21.5b due to Ekiti in the refund, so what is left as balance for Ekiti to collect now is just N3.5b, which can’t pay a month if we add the overhead costs of subvention of institutions.

“As we speak, we are doing a lot of cleansing and that had reduced the monthly pay to workers to N2.1b.

“Those not properly employed had been left out until they provide evidence. The medical workers that were employed on consequential ground had been re-absorbed,’’ he said.

He said the state anti-grazing law signed into law by Fayose’s administration has not been suspended, adding that efforts would be made to control the rampaging herders in the state.

Read more: https://naijapolitico.com.ng/ekiti-too-broke-to-appoint-political-officers-fayemi/
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by bedspread: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
Blame game Continual! If u have nothing to hold against the last governor , stop this blame game....

If the State overwhelms u, resign....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by chieyine(m): 6:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
bedspread:
Blame game Continual! If u have nothing to hold against the last governor , stop this blame game....

If the State overwhelms u, resign....
Same way Buhari blamed Jonathan on late cabinet appointment

These people amaze me daily shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by IamPatriotic(m): 6:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
Fayemi should fuse the Ministries into five and appoint just 5 commissioners, 15 SAs and PAs and please move on with governance, no time! Stories are needless.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by demolinka(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
I can't wait for the results of d forensic audit. Ekiti state looters must be punished. Mercilessly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by tuniski: 7:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
demolinka:
I can't wait for the results of d forensic audit. Ekiti state looters must be punished. Mercilessly.
Wild goose chase!

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by hisgrace090: 7:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
I don't doubt him at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by deboysben(m): 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Excuse and reasons not to perform
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by Timatayo1: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
If you no blame the past Governor who you go say you resemble like jubril like fayemi APC shit

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by chieyine(m): 7:08am On Dec 18, 2018
IamPatriotic:
Fayemi should fuse the Ministries into five and appoint just 5 commissioners, 15 SAs and PAs and please move on with governance, no time! Stories are needless.
Same way you guys said that Permanent Secretaries could do what the ministers do when Buhari failed to appoint his cabinet when it was due and later Buhari turned around to blame Jonathan for his inability to appoint ministers.
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by Omeokachie: 7:16am On Dec 18, 2018
Typical APC about face on electoral promises loading.
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by Kenekingisback: 7:17am On Dec 18, 2018
Seen
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:22am On Dec 18, 2018
I don’t know what type of charm this people use, if it’s not charm how can a sane person vote for APC, I have never seen any party as useless as APC, they want power at all cost, but don’t know what to do with it.
Re: Ekiti Too Broke To Appoint Political Officers – Fayemi by Omeokachie: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2018
Default setting...

Blame Fayose and 16yrs of PDP rule.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram ‘hoists Flag’ In Borno Community After Capturing Military Base / 2019: Call Buhari To Order In 72 Hours – Timi Frank Tells Abdulsalami’s Panel / Niger Delta Governors Summon Emergency Meeting Over CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.