Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,475 members, 7,958,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues (563 Views)

Portable Cries, Speaks In Tongues During Deliverance (Video) / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by Hier(m): 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
Many believe we must be able to understand what is being said in tongues, simply because they read, Acts 2, but Acts 2 is not the only place where they spoke in tongues. Tongues was spoken in Acts 8 (after baptism - new converts), by those who have not been baptised - converts by heart(new converts too) Acts 10, Acts 19:1-7 by disciples.

1 Corinthians 14:2 [b]For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.[\b]

1Cor 14:14 For [b]if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful[\b].

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings [b]which cannot be uttered.[\b]

Now, many have believed all that was said
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 3:40am On Dec 18, 2018
Hier:
Many believe we must be able to understand what is being said in tongues, simply because they read, Acts 2, but Acts 2 is not the only place where they spoke in tongues.
Tongues was spoken in Acts 8 (after baptism - new converts), by those who have not been baptised - converts by heart(new converts too) Acts 10, Acts 19:1-7 by disciples.

1 Corinthians 14:2 [b]For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.[\b]

1Cor 14:14 For [b]if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful[\b].

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings [b]which cannot be uttered.[\b]

Now, many have believed all that was said
"9Ya mere, kpenu ekpere otú a:
Nna-ayi Nke bi n'elu-igwe, Ka edo aha-Gi nsọ.
10Ka ala-eze-Gi bia. Ka eme ihe nāchọ,
dika esi eme ya n'elu-igwe, ka eme kwa otú ahu n'uwa.
11Nye ayi nri ta nke gēzuru ayi n'ubọchi ta.
12B͕aghara kwa ayi ugwọ nile ayi ji,
dika ayi onwe-ayi b͕agharawo-kwa-ra ndi ji ayi ugwọ.
13Ewebàla ayi nime ọnwunwa,
kama dọputa ayi n'aka ajọ onye ahu.

Hier, please be a sport and recite out loud, the above prayer for me.
Can you? Did you manage to recite it? Were you able to recite it?
Do you and/or did you know what the above prayer is about?
Did you hear what recited out loud, did you understand what you recited out loud?

Now imagine you reciting a Yoruba version of the above prayer amidst an Igbo audience that dont understand jack diddly-squat word in Yoruba.
Who do you think gets built up with this unknown tongue (i.e. the Yoruba prayer) you're reciting in, whilst amongst an entirely Igbo audience?
Who do you think, with the Yoruba version of the above prayer,
prayed in an unknown tongue, their spirit prayeth, but their understanding is unfruitful?

Its a hardest thing of all, to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by Hier(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"9Ya mere, kpenu ekpere otú a:
Nna-ayi Nke bi n'elu-igwe, Ka edo aha-Gi nsọ.
10Ka ala-eze-Gi bia. Ka eme ihe nāchọ,
dika esi eme ya n'elu-igwe, ka eme kwa otú ahu n'uwa.
11Nye ayi nri ta nke gēzuru ayi n'ubọchi ta.
12B͕aghara kwa ayi ugwọ nile ayi ji,
dika ayi onwe-ayi b͕agharawo-kwa-ra ndi ji ayi ugwọ.
13Ewebàla ayi nime ọnwunwa,
kama dọputa ayi n'aka ajọ onye ahu.

Hier, please be a sport and recite out loud, the above prayer for me.
Can you? Did you manage to recite it? Were you able to recite it?
Do you and/or did you know what the above prayer is about?
Did you hear what recited out loud, did you understand what you recited out loud?

Now imagine you reciting a Yoruba version of the above prayer amidst an Igbo audience that dont understand jack diddly-squat word in Yoruba.
Who do you think gets built up with this unknown tongue (i.e. the Yoruba prayer) you're reciting in, whilst amongst an entirely Igbo audience?
Who do you think, with the Yoruba version of the above prayer,
prayed in an unknown tongue, their spirit prayeth, but their understanding is unfruitful?

Its a hardest thing of all, to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Arguing with you has been pointless. You are always trying to prove there is oxygen in the atmosphere using the physical eyes. Should I take you to the North and let's see if you will pray in tongues and eventually speak Hausa. And does the fact that you eventually don't speak Hausa if peradventure you spent all the rest of your life there without any attempt to learn the language translate to the fact that tongues does not exist
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hier:
Arguing with you has been pointless.
That is because I let you argue with yourself
because you find it hard accepting the truth for what it is

Hier:
You are always trying to prove there is oxygen in the atmosphere using the physical eyes.
Should I take you to the North and let's see if you will pray in tongues and eventually speak Hausa.
And does the fact that you eventually don't speak Hausa if peradventure you spent all the rest of your life there without any attempt to learn the language translate to the fact that tongues does not exist
1/ Peradventure what manner of tongues are you implying exists?
2/ Would it at all be tongues of celestial beings you are referring to?
3/ Would it at all be a heavenly language you are referring to?

Just answer the three above questions plus the ones I earlier asked you please. Will you?
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by achorladey: 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Just answer the three above questions plus the ones I earlier asked you please. Will you?

Dont know how you get all these inspiration and the way you tend to draw people with your questions, post on this platform. This has led to my archiving your conversation based on....... Pastor......woman......shepherd.........(I know you will remember) its funny that particular thread ends where you predicted it will. The legalisms and the BUT(S). Really interested in books and materials that has really broaden your knowledge on all things scriptures.
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by Hier(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

no
Re: What Does These Verses Mean? In Case You Always Criticize Speaking In Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hier:
no
[img]https://s2/images/davidoMutt.gif[/img]
God saved your bacon
I would've had you for breakfast, if you did

(1) (Reply)

The Sin Will Be On You If You Failed To Marry Her / "Is There A Special Romance Between Religion And Poverty? " / Abel Damina:Reducing The Rate Of Suicide,pastors Should Examine What They Preach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.