Stats: 3,194,129 members, 7,953,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:14 PM

Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. (683 Views)

Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason (2) (3) (4)

Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by tsephanyah(f): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2018
People give some of the most negative ratings of either party that we've seen in the last 4 years,
I pay attention to politics on the news. It is an ever-present topic of conversation. It is a cultural event of sorts,
They say things just to win the election. APC, they say they're going to fix the country; and PDP they follow almost the same, but they go the other way around
So I'm not voting. What of you?

The message, in other words, isn’t about the candidates, their platforms, or the way they’re covered in the media. It’s a deep disillusionment that’s been growing for decades with an electoral democracy that becomes less democratic all the time, a sclerotic and highly institutionalized two-party system that suppresses radical voices,.
political and economic elite that’s expert at deflecting and neutralizing opposition to its leadership but conveniently tone-deaf when it comes to understanding and addressing in honest and effective ways the issues that opposition raises. Millions of people, at least tacitly, have concluded that the system doesn’t need change from within, it needs to be changed.

The burden is on the people who hold the reins of government and party-political power to prove to us why we should bother voting, not on us to explain why we don’t.

Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by soflygerian(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Like you have rightly said; ''the
system doesn’t need change from
within, it needs to be changed''..
Who constitutes that authority to initiate that change- it's YOU THE PEOPLE(ELECTORATES).. So why shouldn't you vote with all the political consciousness you so possess

Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by dheilaw1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Wetin consain me? Next level assured
Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by yinkeys(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2018
tsephanyah:
People give some of the most negative ratings of either party that we've seen in the last 4 years,
I pay attention to politics on the news. It is an ever-present topic of conversation. It is a cultural event of sorts,
They say things just to win the election. APC, they say they're going to fix the country; and PDP they follow almost the same, but they go the other way around
So I'm not voting. What of you?

The message, in other words, isn’t about the candidates, their platforms, or the way they’re covered in the media. It’s a deep disillusionment that’s been growing for decades with an electoral democracy that becomes less democratic all the time, a sclerotic and highly institutionalized two-party system that suppresses radical voices,.
political and economic elite that’s expert at deflecting and neutralizing opposition to its leadership but conveniently tone-deaf when it comes to understanding and addressing in honest and effective ways the issues that opposition raises. Millions of people, at least tacitly, have concluded that the system doesn’t need change from within, it needs to be changed.

The burden is on the people who hold the reins of government and party-political power to prove to us why we should bother voting, not on us to explain why we don’t.
@tsephanyah
There are alternative parties you can try that are capable of moving Nigeria into progress.
National television stations are controlled by mainly the government so you'd never hear of alternative parties. I rarely watch local channels because their news is usually not from objective perspectives.The government deliberately interferes with what's been dished out. You can do your research about them
It is your civic right to vote, unless you just wish to rest on that day then we all would keep complaining forever
Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 28, 2018
Must you vote for Atiku or Buhari? Who narrowed your choice? @Obyezeks no dey there? Kingsley no dey there? Fela no dey there? Sowore no dey there?

If i dey around by February, na sowore i dey vote for...Dem use old fulani herdsmen swear for una?

Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by buchilino(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2018
DDeliverer:
Must you vote for Atiku or Buhari? Who narrowed your choice? @Obyezeks no dey there? Kingsley no dey there? Fela no dey there? Sowore no dey there?

If i dey around by February, na sowore i dey vote for...Dem use old fulani herdsmen swear for una?

WAT MAKES U THINK DAT SOWORE IS BETA OPTION. CHANGING LEADERSHIP ISN'T THE PROBLEM BUT CHANGING THE SYSTEM. POLITICS HAS BECOME TOO EXPENSIVE N SELF-CENTERED IN NIGERIA, DATS Y CORRUPTION WOULDN'T GO AWAY.
Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2018
buchilino:

WAT MAKES U THINK DAT SOWORE IS BETA OPTION. CHANGING LEADERSHIP ISN'T THE PROBLEM BUT CHANGING THE SYSTEM. POLITICS HAS BECOME TOO EXPENSIVE N SELF-CENTERED IN NIGERIA, DATS Y CORRUPTION WOULDN'T GO AWAY.

If not for anything a sowore would scatter this existing system, a sowore cannot be controlled by any cabal. A sowore can reform Nigeria. Sowore is not a thief.

Re: Why My Friends And I Will Not Vote. by trillville(m): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ohh, if only I could write as well as you!!!

Vote for Mughalu. He is the only candidate capable of improving Nigeria. I mean it. Not joking. Okay now, I guess you have another 53 days and a few hours to go to vote, soo undecided. Read a book

2019: Doyin Okupe Challenges APC, List 43 Achievements Of PDP / Ohanaeze: Nigeria’ll Remain In Darkness Until An Igbo Man Becomes President. / Member Representing Jalingo In The Taraba State House Of Assembly Dumps APC For