Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

How I Collected My PVC At Ibadan North Local Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Collected My PVC At Ibadan North Local Government (331 Views)

Ibadan North-East L.G.A APC Solidarity Rally (Video, Photos) / Medical Doctor Replaces Consultation Fee With PVC At His Hospital In Enugu / Hoodlums Set Enugu North Local Government Secretariat On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Collected My PVC At Ibadan North Local Government by GENERALSEIFDAN1(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2018
I was determined to collect my Permanent Voter's Card (PVC) at all cost. I happened to be one of the few students of University of Ibadan that recently got registered as a voter when INEC officials came to register us at Love Garden, University of Ibadan. I got registered on July 17,2018. I have never been political unconscious since the 2011 election. I could not vote then and could not still vote during the 2015 general election. But I knew then the power of voters if they decided to do the right thing.

Love Garden In University of Ibadan

When I turned 18, I never knew where I could register but I was determined that any little opportunity that I get within my vicinity, I will ensure that I make use of it judiciously. At last some students were able to bring INEC officials to the University. It was Temmy Gista. He was able to communicate effectively and infact students helped him to send his broadcast to virtually all WhatsApp group they were on.

The first day that the INEC officials were expected to come, they did not show up. But students and willing voters to be wrote their names on a sheet of paper. The following day was when I appeared at the venue.If I had known that those INEC officials did not show, I would not have shown that day. It appears that God wanted me to register that day that was why I did not get that information. I had a 8 am class and the lecturer will not allow you in once she is around. Nobody messes with her class. There was an information that fianlists and penultimate students are expected to attend a programme that very day and so the class was called off. I immediately went to the venue where I quickly wrote my name. I was number 100+ on that day's list.

INEC Officials

When the INEC officials came by, those who came around started protesting that they have written thier names since yesterday and that they their list must be used. I thought how will I be able to get registered with this number of people. THier request was granted and they started using yesterdays list. Until those of us that came that day also said our list must be used that day to avoid stories that touch. The coordinators granted our request too and after spending about 9hours, I was able to get my Temporary Voter's Card (TVC). Some of my friends were not able to do the data capture and so their registration is not complete. I left the registration area to write my name for the finalists and penultimate programme. I was disappointed that I missed the programme but my right to vote was not negotiable.

After the registration programme, we lost information about how we were going to collect our PVC. I got information that they have pasted names of those whose PVCs are ready at Tedder hall for those whose surname category starts with that of mine. I was there and saw names that resembles that of my surname. I waited and waited and one day was at Bello hall to visit a friend only to see that some voter's names were also there. My friend educated me that every hall of residence has a polling unit and that if I want to see my name mine will be in my own hall of residence.

I asked an exco in my hall who told me he is not aware of any of such list in the hall. I confirmed around and discovered that he was telling the truth. I decided to go online and saw this post about how to locate your PVC on this website ibadantalk. I discovered that I was to go to https://govote.ng/status to check my status. Alas my registration was valid. The place where I was supposed to collect my PVC, I saw that INEC officials were not there. I was directed to go to Ibadan North Local Government at Agodi to get the card.

I was not available for about two weeks to get my precious PVC. I went to INEC to confirm where I will go and pick my PVC and discovered that it was at INEC Ibadan North Local Government Office for the area where I registered. I could not go because I had lost my TVC. I later summoned courage and went to their office.

There were two canopies at the venue and plenty people were waiting. I approached the guy who was helping people to give the officials the TVCs and explained my plight. He told me to go inside and explain what I told him. I did so and was told that if I can produce all my details I will be given. This I was able to do. The guy that was collecting the TVC told me to go and print out my details and not write it out. I was surprised when I met someone who told me that printing goes for ₦100 and photocopy goes for ₦10. I was shocked at this kind of exploitation that was done as where I stay in my school both printing and photocopying goes for ₦5. I paid the ₦ 100 for printing the document which I got from www.govote.ng and wrote my name on it, I then gave the guy in charge of collecting the TVC. After about 10 minutes, I was told to fill a form where those who are not with thier TVC are to fill and then thumbprint on it. After which I also thumbprinted and signed on another document and then my PVC was given to me. It took me less than 30minutes to collect my PVC from that location.

Unfortunately, some people whose PVC's were not found were told to come back mid January and that by then their PVCs should be ready.
SOURCE: https://ibadantalk.com/how-i-collected-my-pvc-at-ibadan-north-local-government

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abia State One Day Governor Emerges / Stupidity Is Given A Buhari Supporter Feeding Money After 2019 If Buhari Wins. / Enugu State 2019 Budget A Hopeless Document ,lacks Vision– Okey Ezirigwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.