Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! (1089 Views)

What Brand Of Anti Virus Is The Best? / WARNING: The Joe Hart Computer Virus Is Now Spreading On Internet? / Which Anti-virus Is Best For Our Computers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by TeskyMan(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2010
Kindly help me fellow Nairalanders, This VIRUS is disturbing my system. I can't save any documents, It will tell me " Delete some files, the documents id corrupt bla bla bla" Every seconds something will pump up on my tool bar say " opera exe Corrupt Disk , the Disk is corrupt and unuseable and can't be replces click here bla bla"This is very annoiying. I have ESET NOD 32 License on my system and yet this virus no allow me save any work. I have scanned my system 3 times 2day and this thing persist. I am getting frustrated as each minutes counts,

Pls somebody to help me with good and reliable anti- virus.

I am ready to pay in NAIRA.

Timi
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by snowdrops(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
i am no computer expert, but when my system started messing up recently i had to restart everything from scratch wiping off all the rubbish that caused the infection.

First i shut down the system, then on restarting i tapped F11 continously, then followed the on screen instructions. good luck.
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by snowdrops(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2010
ps, i removed the norton antivirus that came with it then installed kapersky which has been brilliant so far.
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by Spyker: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2010
Do system restore?
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by Mobinga: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2010
Techie Here.
First of all do a System Restore.
If that doesn't solve it, then update your Anti-Virus, and scan the entire system.
If that doesn't work change your Anti-Virus to a better one like Avast.
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by aieromon(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
. . . . .To a better antivirus such as Avast.
That line got me rotflmao.
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by TeskyMan(m): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
You guyz are wonderful, am gonna try all these right away. I have scanned my pc 4 times today and this monster called VIRUS still show its head. Let me try the F11 and system blabla, am not a computer person,

Thanks, i await more useful info.

Timi
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by denzel2009: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
Really doing system restore doesnt fully eliminate the virus/malware from your system.

If you are able to download this http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

and perform a full scan, your problem is solved else back-up your files and re-format.
Re: What Kind Of Virus Is This: Nairalanders, Pls Help Me! by Princeofilorin(m): 10:04pm On Aug 04, 2010
call me for registered professional(not free) antivirus if u're in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Connect 20 Computers To The Internet With 1 Sim Card At 54mbps Good For Cybercaf / Ur Mozilla Firefox Will Fly Like Jet With This My Step By Step Guide Free Ebook / Limited Space On (C:) Drive!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.