Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:36 AM

Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression (422 Views)

Protest: Man Who Stripped Self Naked Sign Of Extreme Depression - Psychiatrist / Foods That Cause Anxiety And Depression / 5 Tips That Will Help Get Rid Of Depression Almost Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by soteria001(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2018
What Is Depression?

Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Fortunately, it is also treatable. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.

Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:

1.Feeling sad or having a depressed mood

2.Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed

3.Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting

4.Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much

5.Loss of energy or increased fatigue

6.Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech (actions observable by others)

7.Feeling worthless or guilty

8.Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions

9.Thoughts of death or suicide

10.Symptoms must last at least two weeks for a diagnosis of depression.

Also, medical conditions (e.g., thyroid problems, a brain tumor or vitamin deficiency) can mimic symptoms of depression so it is important to rule out general medical causes.

Depression affects an estimated one in 15 adults (6.7%) in any given year. And one in six people (16.6%) will experience depression at some time in their life. Depression can strike at any time, but on average, first appears during the late teens to mid-20s. Women are more likely than men to experience depression. Some studies show that one-third of women will experience a major depressive episode in their lifetime. Have any thought, drop your comments.
http://loadedpenvibes.com.ng/lists/what-is-depression-38

Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by kingharzy: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
undecided

11. LACK OF MONEY
The bloody thing causes the hardest of things, depending on the subreason involved e.g
Bae's coming, bae missed period, garri is almost finished, ATM swallowed the card and GTB is joking with you, etc. . . . .

Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by Jonadull: 11:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
kingharzy:
undecided

11. LACK OF MONEY
The bloody thing causes the hardest of things, depending on the subreason involved e.g
Bae's coming, bae missed period, garri is almost finished, ATM swallowed the card and GTB is joking with you, etc. . . . .
Pray you don’t experience depression and you’ll never know what depression means.
Cos experiencing it is the only way you’ll know what depression really means

1 Like

Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by kingharzy: 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jonathan:

Pray you don’t experience depression and you’ll never know what depression means.
Cos experiencing it is the only way you’ll know what depression really means
undecided

Mr. Experienced experiencer, are you saying what OP wrote is sakamanje until one experiences it? ?
Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by Jonadull: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
kingharzy:

undecided

Mr. Experienced experiencer, are you saying what OP wrote is sakamanje until one experiences it? ?
I didn’t read the op post . I read yours.
Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by kingharzy: 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Jonathan:

I didn’t read the op post . I read yours.

1 Like

Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by Jonadull: 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2018

1 Like

Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by carzola(m): 4:50am On Dec 19, 2018
I've been depressed all of 2018
I hope I over come next year..

Lost a close friend last week
To what might be a suicide.
He depressed for months.

Depression is real it kills
May God help us living in
Nigeria is enough to be
Depressed.
Re: Depression- What Exatcly Do You Call Depression by Jonadull: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
carzola:
I've been depressed all of 2018
I hope I over come next year..

Lost a close friend last week
To what might be a suicide.
He depressed for months.

Depression is real it kills
May God help us living in
Nigeria is enough to be
Depressed.
@ the bolded
I lost my dad exactly the same way a couple of years ago

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ Ovulation / Ladies's Bra Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.