Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

The Failing Music Industry - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / The Failing Music Industry (245 Views)

Corona Virus And The Nigerian Music Industry. / 10 Challenges That Limit Most Artists In The Music Industry / How A Song Title Can Help You To Blow In The Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Failing Music Industry by REDInks(m): 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
THE FAILING MUSIC INDUSTRY

“Eledumare bless you with money o....”, thanks for opening this post. I hope you can be able to soco soco; (suck all) the lyrics am about to throw down your lungs...lol

“Mo ti gbana moti elevate”, I was not even high writing this, I took my time to play most of our hit songs and without their table of contents, their songs seem abstract, no conclusion or recommendation. Then surely, this is an incomplete project.

“I don't even minddddd, troubling youuuuuu” with how many times, I have to listen to so many hits that has no major concentration except on love, sex and money; SHUGA.

Is that what music is all about?, even the worst set of artists in America who do drugs, take out time to dish out a sensible song at least to address social issues, sometimes insulting their leaders and this is also found inside the tracklist of a whole load of trash.
“Nobody for here get liver”.
I know some of us are “Mr lover lover, I know say you like naija music well well”, and I pretty much love most of our sound, but the message is still very much trashy.

Shout out to the short black man from Jos, for he saw it fit to release the evolution of yung denzl after the rendezvous looked like a crawling boxer laid to rest by the ever constant punch of nonsense lyrics from so called rappers I know.

Am just broke, and am also praying for “poverty to die die die, poverty die”, but then I still think we can do better with the lyrics of the songs we push. Afterall “I surren, I surrender to your....”.
I still give it up to our amazing artists, they have done a wonderful job this year and next year of course promises better, but they should learn to stick to the root and the truth when it's necessary.
Because, “This is Nigeria, look how we living now, everybody dey sing rubbish”, the only notable track that pushed everything to the limelight was banned, nice one by NBC. They are as irrelevant as MBC to GOtv.
When we saw that they didn't like the truth, we motivate ourselves, “my biggest motivation na those men wey no pay me for song wey I write o”. Story for anoda day.

But “as the gbedu dey enter body”, let's not forget music is a food to the soul, when we constantly feed our sub conscious with trash, we feed our growing children with trash, they see videos that are trash.
Let's be expecting well cultured sweet boys and beautiful stew gangs. Well I cannot comman kill myself, am on a codeine diet, sorry I meant protein diet.

After we nówó during this festive period, our country demands a lot from us and our artist. Because I'm expecting more banger to banger, and this songs should not only be a beauty because of our beats or the sound.
I still laugh at top charting songs like “werk”, omò otedola pushing trash music.
Abegiiii “Baby give me your love, aroma schnapp, because I love you with all my heart”, abeg forget all this shit above we go still jogodo to these tracks when they come on.

But then, it can be wonderful for our artists to portray the situations of the majority that are broke, hungry, and poor; those who will still take their small one hundred naira to buy airtime, sub midnight data and download their trash.
Sometimes they should speak the mind of the people, that is why FELA is still living in our hearts, so I pray for everyone who read this post to see it fit to broadcast of course with my name under it, so it's not just about the beats or the shaku shaku,
But the Truth; our industry needs to rise up from its dead life.
For those who want to criticise; “Bad energy stay far away, make you stay far away”...... lol

dREDInks
A broken home

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[mixtape] DJ Kisswise – Season Of Praise & Worship Gospel Mixtape / A Moderator Banned My Son For 10 Years / Musical Promotion Fast And Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.