Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year (30339 Views)

FG Declares Public Holidays For Christmas, New Year Celebrations / FG Declares Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th Public Holidays For Eid-Al-Fitr / FG Declares Holidays To Mark Id-el Fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Gistpeeps: 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2018

The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, 25th, Wednesday 26th December 2018 and Tuesday 1st January 2019 as Public Holidays to mark the Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year Celebrations respectively.

The Honorable Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau, made the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government in a statement signed by the ministry’s Director of Press, Mohammed Manga.

He enjoined all Christians faithful and Nigerians to use the period in praying earnestly for the betterment and development of Nigeria.

He further called on Nigerians to strengthen their resolve to maintain peace and unity in the country before, during and after the general elections, in the spirit of the season.

Dambazau urged all Nigerians, both at home and abroad, to support the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in its determination and sustained efforts towards a peaceful, united and virile nation.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/just-in-fg-declares-holidays-for-christmas-new-year.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by GOFRONT(m): 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
cheesy

My father will like this News......When he see the News, he d be like..

20 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Auladimeji1: 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
I'm just happy wink

9 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Nigerianization(m): 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
Aside from specific occasions when the moon will disappear and a search party will be sent to go and retrieve it, most of these other holidays are almost sacrosanct and we do not need special announcements to observe them.
Independence Day
Boxing Day
New year
Christmas
May 1
Etc

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by hisgrace090: 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
The season they usually suffer us with acute fuel scarcity, thank God the incoming election people must have started worndering around with jerry canes.

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Kenekingisback: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Seen
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by omowolewa: 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
Thatz not a news, its in our unwritten Constitution.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by akinblog: 4:11am On Dec 20, 2018
God Bless Nigeria
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by royalamour(m): 4:27am On Dec 20, 2018
cheesy I am seeking to buy a Facebook page of 100k + likes. Please treat as urgent. DM is open for business.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by pat077: 6:43am On Dec 20, 2018
This is no news

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by PureMe01: 6:50am On Dec 20, 2018
this is one of buhari's achievements this year.nothing we no go see for APC grin grin

28 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Gboy101: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2018
lol, do they need to declared it? no they don't.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Ibramamahi(m): 8:03am On Dec 20, 2018
It a normal thing

Check my signature for money ritual without blood or sacrifice
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by virginboy1(m): 8:38am On Dec 20, 2018
On the contrary,

Thats how My landlady brought a witch doctor to our house just because someone stole her live chicken !

The chicken was not even sweet. Mstchewwwwww. undecided

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by AdemolaA2: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2018
No money in circulation... did they think of how it would be for us as well ?

8 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
Does it need to be declared? we automatically go on holidays during Christmas and New year.

14 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to every GOOD Nigerians and Most ESPECIALLY to all our customers here.

We appreciate all your private messages and business deals for this past 3 weeks especially, (we are still in the middle of replying the business related messages please, we will surely reply everyone, Thank you
God bless you all
)

It's time for some barbecue Parrryyyyyy...... cheesy wink..............with Love from all of us @

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by femi4: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
Before nko
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by kittykollinxx(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
merry Christmas and happy new year in advance
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by sotall(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by StFrankeinstein(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2018
Nice Development. It's worth it.
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Naughtytboy: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2018
Nigerianization:
Aside from specific occasions when the moon will disappear and a search party will be sent to go and retrieve it, most of these other holidays are almost sacrosanct and we do not need special announcements to observe them.
Independence Day
Boxing Day
New year
Christmas
May 1
Etc
This table u are shaking LOL

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by deebrain(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2018
I want to make a request to my co- members of nairaland. I want to make a request to my family and my friends.

I want to wish them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by eslason(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2018
Do they have to declare it before we know?
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by Jonadull: 8:43am On Dec 20, 2018
Donmedra:
So it's Muslims that are deciding if we should celebrate Christmas or not?!

Chai southerners are dead in this country.

They stole our resources, our lands and now our culture.

You have a serious problem

7 Likes

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2018
WTF What happened to christmas eve DEC 24 AND Why not declare Jan 2 holiday. If they dont declare it. Me i have declared it

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by faithfull18(f): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2018
I just love this season, there's something about this season, the air, weather, everything..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by leonard002(m): 8:45am On Dec 20, 2018
okay we hear
Re: FG Declares Holidays For Christmas, New Year by ifada123: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2018
If they did not announced it
I tell you
Many people will go to work that day
because they are afraid of been sacked
And employers (private sector)
Might take advantage of that day to invite there workers to work.
So it is necessary to be announced and documented.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IGP Ibrahim Idris: Anambra Passes Vote Of Confidence, Stages Solidarity Rally / Jonathan Caused Delay In Buhari Forming Cabinet, Says Presidency / Work Resumes On Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.